Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ex-Iraq commander accuses Bush Administration of 'gross incompetence'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 2, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/ExIraq_commander_says_Bush_Administration_grossly_0502.html
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is rediculous....

but here we go, nobody seems to care. Or we will blame Clinton for this. Or divert attention to flag pins and pastors......

DO YOUR JOB, PRESS!!!!!
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think at this point Bush Administration and gross incompetence are pretty oxymoronic. I don't hate the guy, but damn, he's effed up pretty good.
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, at least in this case the story doesn't interest me because I didn't need the General to tell me that. I can just look at the way the Iraq war has been handled and come to the same conclusion.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Stay tuned soon we will find out all the secrets of Sanchez and he will become a low life bastard.....
  6. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

suicide? :D
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

are you being sarcastic?

I can't tell anymore.....

I'll write a reply onec I know for sure, don't want to go off on you if you are being sarcastic.
  8. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

He said that the white house will find negative stories about this general to discredit and smear his credibility , that s what he meant, it is an old tactic to down your opponents.
    Last edited: May 2, 2008
  9. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As an American how can you not hate the person who is responsible for the disaster that has befallen our nation in the past seven years?

He is, so he tells us all, the commander in chief and he is the decider and it is his job according to him to make all the decisions for the American people.

And seeing the facts of the past seven years, if you love your country as I do, how can you not hate the man who is responsible for its near destruction?

This is nothing personal against you, merely an honest question.

In any country, the citizens of that country have like, dislike, love or hate, their leaders based on the performance of those leaders.

Nothing that this man has done has earned him to be liked or loved by Americans, as a whole.

That leaves two options, to dislike or to hate.

Dislike is ok except when it comes to human life, and with the number of human lives that have been lost because of this man and his personal agenda and his incompetence, then dislike surely turns to hate very easily.

As an American who loves his country, as I do and I am sure as you do, I would hope that you would see my point and the fact that there is justifiable reason to actually "hate" mister Bush. It has nothing to do with politics, it is all based on what he has done to our nation as a whole in the past seven years.

He has earned out hatred much as he could have earned our respec. He blew that when he attacked Iraq. He had the respect of over 90% of the American people after 9/11 and he could have been remembered as a great American President.

One thing changed all of that, Iraq, and from there everything that is happening today including the cost of a barrel of oil, goes straight back to that day when Mister Bush opted to fulfill his personal agenda and not the agenda of the American people.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If thats the case... If you support smear tactics against our generals attempting to save american lives....

you HATE AMERICA, and don't support the troops.

you are a supporter of a neoconservative machine that is attempting to take away your rights to push forward their global agenda that has nothing to do with what this country was founded on.

You are unamerican.

wear a flag pin, put a yellow ribbon magnet on your car... I could care less. I know what you are. All of the window dressing can't hide it.

GJAJ15,

are you predicting that a smear campaign will be launced, causing you to buy into it? You seem to have already stated the playbook, and even more shocking, you seem to have made a judgement about that future fictional rip on him. You have become what they want you to become. An administraion pre-empive appologist and smear machine.

congrats, dude.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He's only the decider beacause he says so. He makes no decisions. I doubt Iraq was even his idea...in fact I'm pretty sure it was Rummy's. He's no more involved in the Iraq occupation than he is involved in the economy.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

where do we start?

how abouut he is the commander in chief?
    how about he is the President of the United Sates?

he is the person who has the last word. he is the decider.

wanna know how I know? becaus eeverything is turning to $h!t.
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +62 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

This is like ground hog day. Another point of incompetance to be thrown on a heaping pile of incompetant acts. What is wild is just one of these 100 acts give or take a few, would have destroyed any other President. Could it be that because of the shear number of fukups has the general public desensatized them? They just stopped paying attention at some point. That goes for the press as well. :confused: :mad:
  14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +62 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I believe your right. For most of his term I think Cheney and Rummey were pulling the strings. And if TGiCG was posting this he'd say and a group is pulling Chenney and Rummies strings. Which I could find plausable.
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 5 / -2

Wow, breaking news. Someone called the Bush Administration incompetent. What's next, the sun rising in the East, and setting in the West? :D
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

a.paul,

here is a letter from Russ Feingold about the legality of this:

http://feingold.senate.gov/pdf/ltr_gao_050108.pdf

From Feingold’s letter:

According to the article, the documents suggest that the Pentagon supplied retired officers serving as analysts for several major American broadcasters with private briefings with Sec. Rumsfeld, talking points in anticipation of appearing on TV, and commercial airfare. Allegedly, the Pentagon discouraged the analysts from publicly describing the nature of their relationship with the Pentagon. This clearly violates the spirit, if not the letter, of the law.
  17. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When did that begin? I must have fallen asleep that day.
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Don't see that at all, somewhat of a soothsayer predicting the future of anyone who wears or has worn a uniform with a lot of ribbons who criticize this adm.. without regard for his credibility when he served, we will soon find out all about his faux pas and his "hidden agenda" against this adm.. not sure what they want me to become, as I am what I am.. probably will not change all that much.
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

so you believe Rumsfeld, and Bush?

gotcha.