Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ex-Detainee Claims Torture

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 29, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

If he said it and it's on the internet IT MUST BE TRUE.

Do you think everything you see on the internet is true wes?

how about this ... cached for some reason. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...buse case&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&lr=lang_en

3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

It is was on 60 minutes ,cbs tv show.Stay decent ,now.
  4. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Do you remember when they "claimed" that US soldiers at Gitmo were flushing the Koran down the toilet? Do you remember how that was proven not to be true--after riots and deaths.
    Why do you believe everything you hear, as long as it's negative about America?
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

How do you explain the people that have died in U.S. custody? Automatically defending those in power just because you believe America can do know wrong is just as dumb as automatically assuming the worst. There is overwhelming evidence that the U.S. has tortured people. If they didn't, they wouldn't need black sites and they wouldn't be destroying "interrogation" tapes. I suppose you were asleep during Abu Ghraib?

I suppose these people were secretly treated to cable t.v. and cumbaya behind the scenes:
    [​IMG]

And what are they doing here, asking nicely?
    [​IMG]
  7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Did you watch the guy on 60 minutes on CBS ? this is not like a myth, this is a human being explaining what happened to him under american torturers hands.
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Abu Ghraib wasn't torture, good grief. You see worse stuff than that on MTV and you know it.

I've never said I believe America can do no wrong. There you go putting words in my mouth and making assumptions again.

I wouldn't call it "overwhelming" evidence. You may, and that's fine.

And, truth be known, I'm not against torture applied for the right reasons. And those reasons include saving innocent lives. If one terrorist gets treated badly to keep one American alive, it's a fair trade, IMO.

I don't expect you to share that view, I don't really even expect you to understand it.

BTW--I'm not certain what you posted has to do with what I posted. I'm talking about 60 minutes doing a big expose about something--and I look at the track record of CBS news to do any news story in a factual manner, and I get worried.

I watched the video of the al Queda creeps torturing the two captured Americans. I've watched all their little beheading videos.

After watching those, I really don't give a rat's left testicle what happens to any of them.
    I submit that if we treated a few of these animals the way they'd treat any of us--and did it publicly, there'd be a lot less terrorism. As it is, bin Laden called the US a paper tiger. You know how you go back to being the baddest on the block? You make everyone else afraid of you.

Look up Teddy Roosevelt and how he dealt with muslim terrorists.
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And of course he wouldn't have been lying at all, right?
  10. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Sure ,we should believe the torturers . :rolleyes:

At the end , he is free now , and that is priceless .
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're hopeless.

Again, what if he's lying? Why are you ready to believe him completely?
  12. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

He is innocent and is a free man today.

13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I don't know what that means.

You immediately dismissed a CBS 60 minutes story because it was just another negative against America, this seems like a strange way to evaluate the validity of a story.

People have been tortured by America and have dies in custody. That is a fact. Unless you have your head in the sand you cannot deny this. Watch Taxi to The Dark Side. That was an innocent man who was tortured to death in U.S. custody. period.

And while I disagree with torturing anyone, the problem is that once you open the door to torturing "terrorists" you will inevitably end up torturing innocent people. How many people have been released from Guantanamo? I'm not saying they were tortured, but it certainly appears that the U.S.' ability to make snap judgments about who is and who isn't a terrorist is iffy at best.

I posted it because you seemed to intimate that you didn't think claims of U.S. torture were credible. I find it hard to believe that the people in that photograph are being treated with humane conditions, especiall when the cameras are off.

We are supposed to be better than them no? If we sink to their level then what makes us right?

And I'd like a source for that Bin Laden quote, not that I don't believe it but I'd like to see the context. This is the Bin Laden quote that sticks out in my mind the best, one which seems to show that Bin Laden believes the U.S. is an oppressive military force:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3966817.stm

14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

15. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

THIS !.............
  16. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.

~George Orwell
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I never said that the US hasn't tortured people (depending on the definition of torture--ask the Chinese or Viet Cong what real torture is, compared to water boarding), or that the US wouldn't. I also said I don't have a problem with it, if it's for the greater good.

I dismissed 60 Minutes because I don't trust anything they or CBS says, and I'll reference you to FBN's post above.

And the bin Laden thing is easy enough to google. He said it after Clinton turned tail and ran from Somolia instead of kicking azz and taking names.

Did you search for TR?
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

When we advocate torture we become them and loose the vision and ideals that we are fighting for..
  19. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Once again, the left taking the side of the terrorists over our military.

How many times ahs CBS news have to be actualy actually making stuff up, or at least particiapting in willful ignorance, before they can be discredited as a source of relaible information?

Gee a terrorist claiming that he was tortured, how original.Can we fast forward to two years down the line (Like the Haditha case now), and issue your apologies to the US servicemen now?
  20. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +85 / 6 / -9

#37 Jersey

The Germans already debunked this guy, time to move on America haters...............

[​IMG]