PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Evidently Former Pat Brian Holloway Had Too Many Concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
so..Brady will be named MVP because he's WHITE???

nice...way to start another race war on ESPN and NFLN,Brian

EVERYBODY wants it to be Vick...."

yeah...uh....no.....

so..Brady will be named MVP because he's WHITE???

nice...way to start another race war on ESPN and NFLN,Brian

EVERYBODY wants it to be Vick...."

yeah...uh....no.....

My favorite part? "Tom Brady is a disney character......"

Wow, folks, NFL helmets must not have been very effective when Mr. Holloway played.

I guess when he got shipped off to Oakland back in 87 he spent most of his time at Disneyland...

That was awesome.

I'm not really concerned about his view of Vick as MVP or that he did the video from his car. What caught my attention was that he got a Rolls Royce for Super Bowl 20? Did the Bears give it to him? It's 25 years old? Maybe that is why he can't drive it. It probably runs as good has he blocked in that game.

Last edited:
I knew it was just a matter of time till somebody brought race into the issue. However, not just this video but the whole series of his videos are bizarre. It's as if it's the first time he's ever used a camera, between the bright background causing his face to be all shadows, filming himself inside a car, a shaky camera (no tripod), the entire frame being filled up with his face, etc. The only place you could think of to film yourself was out in the cold inside a car?

Regardless of your message, the setting and amateur photography makes it difficult to take anything you say seriously.

YouTube - ProFootballRevealed's Channel

Marshall McLuhan taken down a nightmarish road...Holloway's medium is one strange message

heh...yeah, I read that one too, CT....you know, Warhol never really understood how right he was when he came out with his 15 minutes of fame remark...just LOOK today...EVERYBODY has an act...

The only thing I miss about my 80s-mode fandom was my innocence and naivete. Can I have it back please? I remember rooting for this guy, among others... :(

Last edited:
If not for John Hannah, he'd be driving a Pinto.

If not for John Hannah, he'd be driving a Pinto.

So true. Hog Hannah retires and they immediately turn into a finesse team that couldn't run the ball anymore.

His Pro-bowl nod turned out to be more than a joke than Meriweather's

Last edited:
First, Michael Vick has had a great year, but "otherworldly"? What Brady has done is otherworldly because he set a new league record that has been in place for 20 years (most passes without an INT) and he did it in one season where the person he took it from did it over two seasons.

Second, the color of Vick's skin means nothing to the award. Steve McNair won the award in 2003. Randall Cunningham won it three times(although not the AP award). Plenty of black players at other positions have won the award. If there is a prejudice against Vick and award it is because of what he did to go to jail and the fact he went to jail, not the color of his skin.

Third, Vick has lost more games as a starter than Brady and Vick missed four games due to injury. That is big. First he missed a quarter of the season. Second, he lost more games.

Fourth, Brady had to carry this team while the Pats' defense found its identy. Vick had a good defense supporting him.

I think Vick's horrible performance this week sealed it for Brady. Vick was a significant reason for the Eagles' loss in a big game that would have given them a first round bye with a win. It wasn't because of the color of his skin that did it.

This was done from the car to illustrate that he gets 'profiled'. This whole post was about race. He wants it to be. Pretty predictable.

I like Vick, I like his play, his arm is amazing.

He is not at TFB's level yet. He should not be in the conversation this year.

Sorry...next

I really like Holloway as a player. He is obviously very intelligent, but his obsession with race is odd. Not only are our biggest athletic heroes black--Michael Jordon dominated the scene for a long time--but Holloway in his personal life, by marrying a white woman, should have gotten past the reductionist, simplistic black-white crap.

His embracing the victimhood role is not healthy.

I remember him walking off the field with Rod Rust after a 2-14 season, arm in arm. I thought he was classier than this. BTW, Holloway was so strong he broke the weight equipment he had when he lived for a time in Vermont.

Complete. Racist. Crap.

I'd say he had 1 concussion too few. MLK owes him 1.

wow this guy sounds like scooby doo

I am stunned by what Brian said in this video clip.

I bet he doesn't have the rolls royce anymore, and is living now in a van down by the river.

I bet he doesn't have the rolls royce anymore, and is living now in a van down by the river.

I don't know about that, but what he said and how he said it does indicate a deep-down very unhappy person.

For someone to be that bitter, he must have had a very stomach churning experience recently. I feel bad for him because he's a very educated and accomlished person who, in the past, has been quite rational. That video almost seems as if he's had a nervous breakdown. The holidays can be a very traumatic time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back