PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone's Picking Dallas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday Night was the Cowboys' second win of 2007 against an AFC team.

A squeaker past a 1-4 AFC team.

A convincing win over an 0-5 AFC team.

Now they get to play a 5-0 AFC team

I think the Cowboys are learning something about the relative differences between the NFC and the AFC.

Long time, no see, Jack. Why are your Rams doing so badly this year?

I think 8 OLinemen on the IR may have to do something with it, 4 of them our lost for the year, which 3 are starters, and the biggest name is Orlando Pace. Plus, Steven Jackson, Marc Bulger and Issac Bruce are on IR, and on the Defensive side, we have a starting LB, 2 Defensive Linemen, 2 Safeties as it looks both Jerome Carter and Corey Chavous will be out for the year itself, and now one starting CB which is Tye Hill, Fakhir Brown, the other CB comes back for Sunday. Our injuries are so bad, that I hear you may be getting a call to see if you can play.

I like Romo but the MNF debacle against Buffalo just further points to the fact that Romo is not a big game QB. Dallas barely made the playoffs last year when Romo failed to get the job done down the stretch.

Yet, its hard to root against a guy who isn't a pompous ass. I think Romo will put up some good numbers against good teams this year but in the end, he will need a ton of luck and help to win.

Just out of curiousity, were you inferring that Brady is a pompous ass? That does seem to be the attitude of most fans across the country. But I don't understand it at all. The guy NEVER brags at all and never takes credit.

So is it because he has that permanent smile on his face and poses for fashion magazines that people have an attitude about him? If that is the case, doesn't that make these fans look like fools?

Last edited:
What an absolutely insane statement. History shows the most dominating teams usually still lose once or twice a season.

We saw the seeds of a possible loss Sunday, when Brady came back to earth under pressure. Which just means he is human. If another team, for example the Cowboys, can figure out a way to constantly pressure him then the game will be close enough that a couple of breaks against us could make the difference.

Brady doesn't wilt under pressure. He never has as far as I've witnessed.

If you look at the second half and watch Brady closely, you'll see that his throwing motion changed in the second half. Quarterbacks are supposed to throw with their hand "on top" of the ball. I saw a couple of replays and noticed Brady was throwing with his hand under the ball. The result was a "tip up" ball with a wobbly spiral. When Brady is in the zone, he always throws a tight spiral that is tip-down.

Pressure had nothing to do with it. How could you say that after he's driven his team to twenty something come-from-behind, 4th quarter victories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back