PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone thank me for Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I rarely tute my own horn on things, mostly because I'm wrong when it comes to draft predictions. However, I called it on Chad Jackson, mainly because of blind, stupid luck. :)

I had to work today and someone called to tell me that Maroney was our top pick. I was very happy with it and came over to the board when I got home to see the reaction, only after checking all the picks, which was now at #35 in the 2nd round. For the most part everyone was happy with the few that were disappointed. Someone couldn't believe that we took him with Chad Jackson and others still there.

Then I started thinking, "You know, I don't remember seeing Jackson's names as being picked. I went back to nfl.com to check and sure enough, he was still available. I flipped the TV on and the Packers were on the clock at #36. I instantly thought, "I bet we could trade our 2nd and early 3rd rounder to move up and take him." Not lying. Less than a minute later I see us on the clock and I knew we were about to get him. I can't remember the last time I was happier to be right about a draft pick.

Anyway, your welcome. ;)

Pfft, I was calling for it in chat before that.

Yeah....well.......so! Did you predict the right trade package too!

Ah, two points! :)

I just couldn't believe it, thinking the Pats could move up to take him and then almost instantly seeing the Pats on the clock. It was one of those "No way!" moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back