PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone take a DEEP breath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're two games up in what has turned out to be a weak Division (NFC West is the only other division to have only one team above .500) and just have one game left against a team with a winning record, so, barring disaster, we win the Division.

However, eventually, we're going to have to beat a team with a winning record if we're not going to be one and done in January, not to mention beat an elite team with a winning record on the road if we're going to make any noise.

In BB and TB I trust, but this is starting to look tough.

You saw the game tonight right?

Now you want us to "take a deep breath?"

Seriously, this team lacks leadership, coaching, defense, 3rd WR, and can't hang with the true elites of the league.

If you think there is a trip to Miami in the cards this year you are seriously kidding yourself, not with what's wrong with this team at this point anyways.

ding ding ding....we have a winner. Best the Pats can hope for is simply to win the division.....unless the defense gets a shot of ty law and rodney harrison.......they aint going anywhere after that.....would like to see them at least win the division.....that is my realistic expectation/hope.

Amen OP, great post! It's not like were 4-7, like the Jest! I mentioned in another thread that Buffalo beating Miami this past weekend was a huge bonus for us. Now it's time to take care of the AFC East and go from there.

...and step away from medicine drawer!!! 2 out 3 of our Superbowl victories came in seasons where we got trashed just like we did tonight.

FACT 1: We are still 2 games up our division
FACT 2: This defense is nowhere near ready for the playoffs, but there still are 5 games for BB to figure it out. He has before and I would never bet against him.
FACT 3: The only time we would have to face the Saints would be in the Super Bowl, and personally I would bet on the Vickings
FACT 4: If you are true fan, you should stand by your team after a tough loss just as profoundly as you every week when we went 16-0.

No panicking. And no abandoning the team. But realism is also important.

We'll win the division. And we may win a playoff game. We could even pull an Arizona and make it to the SB.

But it's clear that this team has a deep flaw that most people saw coming since the preseason, and which can't be disguised: the lack of a pass rush.

I don't think you can win the SB without a top pass rush in this era. There are too many good QBs (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Rothlisberger, Palmer, and much as I hate to admit it Lord Favre) who can pick you apart if you give them enough time and don't get pressure. The 2008 Steelers and 2007 Giants won the SB largely on the merits of their pass rush.

We don't have it. The defensive scheme hurts, but Derrick Burgess and Adalius Thomas aren't suddenly going to morph into James Harrison and LaMarr Woodely, or Freeney and Mathis.

Of course I stand by the team, and will every game this season. But I think that the Pats have major issues, and it would be silly to ignore them. I doubt the FO is ignoring them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back