PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone relax and breathe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbykr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This board has gotten crazy with the "sky is falling" crowd. Yes there are area's in which we can improve, but let's think of it this way:

-We are in first place and are likely to win the division

-We have a bye week

-We are facing the bears this year, which will probably be the NFC rep in the superbowl--if they are then we have a first hand look at our opponent (if we make it) which is a lot like the Rams in 01

-We still have plenty of time to get better

-Finally the Pats have that "bend but don't break" defensive attitude, and the "make the plays when it counts" offensive attititude that has been present during our championship years.

Let's just all step back and realize that we are in a great position, and we will only get better as the year goes on! Of course, this is all just my $.02:D

Breathing_for_Dummies.gif

mtbykr said:
This board has gotten crazy with the "sky is falling" crowd. Yes there are area's in which we can improve, but let's think of it this way:

-We are in first place and are likely to win the division

-We have a bye week

-We are facing the bears this year, which will probably be the NFC rep in the superbowl--if they are then we have a first hand look at our opponent (if we make it) which is a lot like the Rams in 01

-We still have plenty of time to get better

-Finally the Pats have that "bend but don't break" defensive attitude, and the "make the plays when it counts" offensive attititude that has been present during our championship years.

Let's just all step back and realize that we are in a great position, and we will only get better as the year goes on! Of course, this is all just my $.02:D

In my opinion, this board has gotten crazy because nobody wants to be objective. There is middle ground between 'we are the best team in football' and 'the sky is falling'. Unfortunately, nobody seems to tread that middle ground anymore. What happened to discussing issues? Is our team so perfect that we can't discuss weaknesses, or are we so weak that we have no hope on any given Sunday?

Why don't people try to be objective and talk about strengths as well as weaknesses without going bezerk.

And then the final insult seems to be 'You must be a Red Sox fan.'

The fact is that the team has two or three weak spots which will need to be ironed out a little, and it should be okay to talk about such things objectively without proclaiming that we are the best team in football, or that the sky is falling.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
In my opinion, this board has gotten crazy because nobody wants to be objective. There is middle ground between 'we are the best team in football' and 'the sky is falling'. Unfortunately, nobody seems to tread that middle ground anymore. What happened to discussing issues? Is our team so perfect that we can't discuss weaknesses, or are we so weak that we have no hope on any given Sunday?

Why don't people try to be objective and talk about strengths as well as weaknesses without going bezerk.

The fact is that the team has two or three weak spots which will need to be ironed out a little, and it should be okay to talk about such things objectively without proclaiming that we are the best team in football, or that the sky is falling.

Excellent post.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:

Good post.

I try my best to inhabit that middle ground. I'm not sure how successful I am, but I try to remain objective.

There really isn't a huge "sky is falling" crowd, nor is there a huge blind homer crowd, it's just that everybody likes to call anyone who disagrees with them slightly either a "sky is falling" type or "homer" type to suit their argument.

I think basically the vast majority of everyone here agrees that the Pats are good, but have room for improvement, which is essentially what Belichick or Brady would say about the team right now. People simply have different ways of expressing that, and some people are OK with just putting up Ws the way the Pats often do (as in, sometimes unpretty) and some people always see room for improvement. People need to relax and realize not everyone is the same friggin person with the same outlook on everything, and if they were, this board would be boring and suck a**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes