PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone have their Routine down for Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a super bowl party. What do you do for an encore?

SB parties are about the same except with a few more people, more food and more beer (i.e. real keg). I go to Party City and buy a bunch of Super Bowl-themed items like balloons, plates/cups/napkins, pennants, etc. The whole house gets the "Pats treatment" :)

Food...boooze...a cigar....and a tailgate.

bought the Jets hat to burn in the fire at the tailgate yesterday.

I got my lucky draws, Haven't washed them since preseason, starting to chaff a bit, my Hannah throw back, and a babushka, while drinking Kool-aid and 100 Proof, eating red meat and smoking cigars

****edit **** and my lucky wife with me for the ride home from the game (Designated Driver and beer Frauline during the game)

Last edited:
Saturday night: Gather up all the tailgate gear.
Sunday 8:00AM: Everyone meets at my house.
8:15: Arrive at parking lot.
8:30: Crack open first beer....

Breakfast: cold cereal and toast. It's all I'll be able to handle. Then, I'll get my two four year old boys to put on their Brady jerseys, fire up the Plasma at exactly the top of the hour, and then plan to make as much NOISE as possible at the exact moment the Patriots WIN to rub it in to my neighbors in our New York apartment building. Then a walk around Midtown Manhattan in my BB Hoodie and one of the SB Locker Room caps. Snacks, Pizza and drinks at home after the game when I can relax.

Last edited:

those of us who live far from foxboro will be with you in spirit. have one for me! BTW, how do you get from your house to the stadium in 15 min? I used to live south of boston and it still took me almost an hour on game day, but I'll admit not at 8AM.

Last edited:
my pre game routine

Tv dosent turn on until the game starts...I go to the store at noon go get beer..

have a beer before the game and one each quarter. have the 54 jersey on, the pats foam football to vent and throw (releases the jitters during the game)

I watch the game in the basement on the plasma...alone, My wife comes down from time to time to check in on the game.... I try to call out the plays on O and on D before the ball is snapped....just to see how I'd do in comparison to the real coordinators.....that's why I seem to end up watching the game alone...

9.00 -- yoga class + swim + steam room downtown

12.00 -- back to Cambridge for breakfast, call family in Europe

12.59 -- switch on TV. No food, no drink -- beer only if the game is out of reach in the third quarter

8AM Kickboxing
Breakfast - cereal w/bananas & raisins
Get on the net and check out Patsfans off & on
Do chores to keep marriage going
NO wasting time raising blood pressure watching TV 'experts'
1PM Game
Run into den & check Patsfans during commercials
Whiz during commercials (prostrate* issues?)
4:15 PM Watch Patriots Fifth Quarter with BB's press conf & Brady's
6PM Dinner with friends on the seacoast

My man Sipowitz

Last edited:
Wake up 2 AM Monday morning and hope the Slingbox is working. Fire it up, grab a cup of coffee and hunch over my laptop for the next 4 hours. Shower, go to work.
Patjew, I remember it well in numerous trips to Japan in my previous life, i.e., Tokyo being +17 hours re California, or +1 day - 7 hours, depending on how you want to look at it. About the same where you are now? Hope you enjoy the game. Hope we all enjoy the game.

Nothing much for me as it's a morning game (I live in CA). If it were the Saturday night game I'm sure I'd be doing my favorite pizza (Peanut Butter and Banana) but in the morning I'll just be pacing :)

i will invite one friend of mine (a 'cheesehead') to my house

my wife will prepare something to eat for us (it will be h 19 in Italy) + some beers

i will dress the usual throwback !

it will be fun as usual

then i will see too the 2nd game (bit with another spirit of course)

i will go to sleep surely approx h 02,00 am...

it will be, as usual, not easy monday morning but...who cares ?

i love the NFL

GO PATS !!! AVANTI PATRIOTI !!!

Last edited:
those of us who live far from foxboro will be with you in spirit. have one for me! BTW, how do you get from your house to the stadium in 15 min? I used to live south of boston and it still took me almost an hour on game day, but I'll admit not at 8AM.

I live in Millis, two towns over from Foxboro, so it's a short ride, plus we tailgate down at the Lafayette House, 20 minute walk to/from the Stadium, but we don't have to fight Route 1 traffic after the game. I can stay until the end of the game and still walk through my front door only an hour later!

amazing programm - i would like to be with you...

9am - wake up
10 am - watch espn sports reporters
10:30am - shower while listening to WEEI & dress in my navy blue brady jersey
11am - pick up mom(what can I say she loves the Pats lol)
11:30am - grill up some beef while flipping between pats gameday on cbs & espn's nfl countdown
noon - have tacos while flipping between cbs & fox pre game coverage
1pm - invite my fat brother over to finish off the tacos, so I can focus on the game :p

Last edited:
Saturday 11:30am sharp. Jeep starts rolling to Foxboro
3PM. Check in to hotel.
Get ice from ice machine.
insert beer into garbage can full of ice.
set up laptop.
4PM Watch the other games. Buy tickets from a panicking scalper on ebay for face price (do it every time)
Sunday 7AM. Wake up. shower. go to hotel breakfast.
8:30 SHARP. Jeep rolls to stop n shop for ice.
9AM SHARP. Jeep pulls into P2
crack beer #1
set up tent. set up tables and grills.
crack beer #2. repeat as necessary.
NOON
Pick up tent and grills
Drag garbage bags of empties to the end of our row.
Proceed into Gillette stadium.
1-4PM. MAKE SOME NOISE
4PM return to jeep. dont try to fight traffic, we are celebrating anyways.
set up grills and cook again. crack open a beer (hopefully there's one left).
5pm drive home.
8:30PM fall in bed and sleep. it's been a long day.

Last edited:
Roll out of bed around 11 (if im lucky haha)...Brady blue jersey, grab my football, cheese, crackers, carrots platter with reginas pizza (playoff game) with a few of my friends around.

Porketta and Roast Potatoes $35.00

Case of Beer and other Spirits $50.00

A Patriots convincing Victory w/no injuries

"PRICELESS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back