Welcome to PatsFans.com

Everyone but Hochstein Practiced Today

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by zippo59, Oct 27, 2006.

1. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's good to hear since many wanted Spann released after only a week on the roster.
  3. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Diamond in the rough?? Has size and speed...here is his BIO.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=31805

31 Antwain Spann CB
    Height: 6-0 Weight: 190
    Year: 1 Yrs/Pat: 1
    Acquired: FA-05
    School: Louisiana-Lafayette
    Born: Feb 22, 1983

Personal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Antwain Spann was born on February 22, 1983 in Oceanside, Calif.

Career Transactions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Antwain Spann was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on January 19, 2006 ... Originally signed by the New York Giants as a rookie free agent (5/17/05) ... Released by the Giants (8/30/05).

2006 NFL Europe

Rhein Fire (6/3): Played in six games, starting the final three contests for the Fire ... Totaled 17 tackles (14 solo), three interceptions for 42 yards and a touchdown, eight passes defensed and three special teams tackles.

College

Played his final two seasons at Louisiana-Lafayette after transferring from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College ... In 2004, he started all 11 games at cornerback and had 68 tackles (36 solo), a team-high four interceptions, including one he returned 31 yards for a touchdown, 1.5 tackles for losses and nine pass breakups ... Also returned four kickoffs for 109 yards, a 27.2-yard average ... Played in 11 games with four starts in 2003, when he had 30 tackles and two interceptions ... Recorded 45 tackles, one interceptions and 10 pass break-ups in 2002 ... Named to the Mississippi Junior College All-State and All-Region teams and the Mississippi JC All-Star Game MVP.
  4. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Let me get this straight.

They practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Spann missed both practices. On Friday he shows up in a black jersey as practice player of the week?

I hate to think about how the guys who DID practice performed ...

Or is the jersey an award for the week before?
  5. TeamPats

TeamPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm really glad to hear that Neal practiced. I want to keep this Oline together as much as possible throughout the season, I really see special things if they just have the reps and experience as a unit.
  6. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I am not sure if the honor is for this week or last week, but also I think that even if a player is not present at the start of practice does not necessarily mean he won't practice at all.
  7. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

A) It is for the prior week.

B) You're right, he still might have practiced when the media wasn't around.
  8. TeamPats

TeamPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Did we have the black jersey system last year? I don't recall it, but then again I don't recall a lot ever since college.