PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone but Hochstein Practiced Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
zippo59 said:
Antwain Spann was the practice player of the week.

That's good to hear since many wanted Spann released after only a week on the roster.

Seymour93 said:
That's good to hear since many wanted Spann released after only a week on the roster.

Diamond in the rough?? Has size and speed...here is his BIO.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=31805

31 Antwain Spann CB
Height: 6-0 Weight: 190
Year: 1 Yrs/Pat: 1
Acquired: FA-05
School: Louisiana-Lafayette
Born: Feb 22, 1983

Personal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antwain Spann was born on February 22, 1983 in Oceanside, Calif.

Career Transactions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antwain Spann was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on January 19, 2006 ... Originally signed by the New York Giants as a rookie free agent (5/17/05) ... Released by the Giants (8/30/05).

2006 NFL Europe

Rhein Fire (6/3): Played in six games, starting the final three contests for the Fire ... Totaled 17 tackles (14 solo), three interceptions for 42 yards and a touchdown, eight passes defensed and three special teams tackles.

College

Played his final two seasons at Louisiana-Lafayette after transferring from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College ... In 2004, he started all 11 games at cornerback and had 68 tackles (36 solo), a team-high four interceptions, including one he returned 31 yards for a touchdown, 1.5 tackles for losses and nine pass breakups ... Also returned four kickoffs for 109 yards, a 27.2-yard average ... Played in 11 games with four starts in 2003, when he had 30 tackles and two interceptions ... Recorded 45 tackles, one interceptions and 10 pass break-ups in 2002 ... Named to the Mississippi Junior College All-State and All-Region teams and the Mississippi JC All-Star Game MVP.

Let me get this straight.

They practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Spann missed both practices. On Friday he shows up in a black jersey as practice player of the week?

I hate to think about how the guys who DID practice performed ...

Or is the jersey an award for the week before?

I'm really glad to hear that Neal practiced. I want to keep this Oline together as much as possible throughout the season, I really see special things if they just have the reps and experience as a unit.

Fencer said:
Let me get this straight.

They practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Spann missed both practices. On Friday he shows up in a black jersey as practice player of the week?

I hate to think about how the guys who DID practice performed ...

Or is the jersey an award for the week before?

I am not sure if the honor is for this week or last week, but also I think that even if a player is not present at the start of practice does not necessarily mean he won't practice at all.

zippo59 said:
I am not sure if the honor is for this week or last week, but also I think that even if a player is not present at the start of practice does not necessarily mean he won't practice at all.

A) It is for the prior week.

B) You're right, he still might have practiced when the media wasn't around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back