Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Everydeay Man" Scott Brown and his Five properties

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by s.t.e.n.d.e.c, Jan 19, 2010.

1. s.t.e.n.d.e.c

s.t.e.n.d.e.c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First i have to say i never liked Coakly, she comes across to me as a nasty hardline AG that would prosecute a ham sandwich. She gave the Commencement speech at one of my kids graduation, she was articulate and intelligent but cold. Shes no politician thats for sure. I also know that she was born with a plastic spoon in her mouth, and earned everything that she has. On the other hand Scott Brown tries to portrait himself as an everyday man, he drives a truck and lives in the suberbs. He is a politician, he knows what sells, and what sells is getting people to believe your just like them, like an everyday man. Well imo your average everyday man doesn't own five properties all but one worth over $100,000 dollars, and i think most are worth well over $100,000 dollars. I may not personally like Coakly but i trust her far more than this "used car salesman" Brown.

MA Senate Candidate Brown Owns Five Properties

"I live in Wrentham," Brown declared in a debate against his opponent, Attorney General Martha Coakley "I drive a truck. And, yes, it has 200,000 miles on it now."

According to a review of Brown's 2008 financial disclosure report -- which was filed April 2009 and appears to be the most current document available -- Brown and his wife own (at least then) five separate properties. The list includes a 3,000-square-foot home near a lake in Wrentham, Massachusetts, a condo in Boston and a time share in Aruba.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Power to the people, meet the new boss, the same as the new boss..
  3. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good point Browns just another slick talking politician, tells people what they want to hear.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The rental income of the three Brighton condos is easily in excess of 4k a month, yet he drives a truck with 200,000 miles on it? That makes him a phony or maybe a drug/gambling addict.
  5. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Classy....
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

To me he still seems to be several notches above that gang of grinning scum who are always trailing along behind Skank Pelosi.

Look at the "Bullsh!t Artist" they now call "Mr President"
  8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Really? Warren Buffett drove a 5 year old Lincoln. Does that make him one also?
    Try reading The Millionaire Next Door before your next posting and find our how wealth is generally acquired in this country. It's not the guys driving the new BMWs or at the country club, but the business owner driving the older car and 2-3 suits, not a closet full of them....
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Or someone who likes driving older trucks. Your assumptions are absurd. My car has over 100K on it, I could afford a new one but I like this one. My dad has a lot of money now that he's retired but has never spent more then $5K on a car. Newsflash - cars are EXPENSIVE and there's a lot to be said for driving older cars. It doesn't make you a phony or an addict.
  10. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Sounds like a man who's taking care of the important things first. Providing quality income to help his legacy, his children. Not wasting his money on status symbols like cars! I would rather park my pick up near my outdoor swimming pool, than park my Escalade next to my double wide!
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Consider the source. Are you in the least bit surprised?

Anyhow, as usual, the devil is in the details.

Hmmm....so the guy owns his personal home in Wrenthem (how eeeeeeeeeeeeevil to own your own home!), a summer home in NH (OMFG, my barber owns one in Maine, he's so eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil too!), 2 condo's he bought in 2007 that are assessed at a whopping $60-100k (damn eeeeeeeeeeeevil slum lord), and the Trump'esque $10k a year time share in Aruba. Wow. I feel so betrayed. :rolleyes:
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Which shows he has his priorities in order...a good man to vote for and the man I voted for today!
  13. s.t.e.n.d.e.c

s.t.e.n.d.e.c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes every "every joe" owns five pieces of property like this, do you?
  14. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I don't live in MA, but if I did, I'd be driving EVERYONE I knew to the polls. This is an important election, and I'm happy that there's such a shake-up in MA. Not because the Republican is surging, but mostly because it shows that people are now not taking things for granted. People are motivated by political happenings (much like the left surge at the end of the Bush years) and are now paying attention. We need participation in our political process, and this is a great sign of it.

And yes, of course I would be voting for Brown. By default, I cringe whenever either party has a super majority. At that point they stop worrying about the people and only worry about their party and keeping it in power. So some more balance (as little as it may be) is something that I hope happens.
  15. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well the every man thing is corny, but it's been around since populist politics were "invented" by the Roman in the late Republican period. But I wouldn't hold his success against him.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

I'd rather have Brown driving my daughter around in his truck than Ted kennedy and his Lincoln, especially over bridges.
  17. s.t.e.n.d.e.c

s.t.e.n.d.e.c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really trying to be the "every man" "average joe" is corny yes, to me it is, i see right through it. I've seen to many slick slim ball politicians in my time. I'm not holding his success against him, except that he tries to come off like the the average guy who's house hold income averages about $50-60 K a year. If hes deceptive on this what else is he deceptive on. At least coakly isn't deceptive, she knows she has the personality of a potted plant and doesn't try to hide it.
  18. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I hear you. I personally wouldn't hold it against him, but I can see how someone would feel it's too deceptive to dismiss. We each make our own decisions regarding these things, that's the beauty of our system.

By the way, that potted plant line made me chuckle.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

No one would ever vote for a candidate who makes $50-$60k a year. It maybe sad, but it's true. People would just think "this person couldn't be successful in their business life, so how can they be as a senator?"

I'm always hearing that the average household income is $55k or so, but yet I've never met anyone with a household income that low. Strange....
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

Fair points.

It's kinda akin to running on a platform of "Hope and Change" when really you offer nothing but the same "politics as usual" insider crap or running on a platform that says you "govern as a centrist" only to pursue a hard left agenda once elected.

If the guy gets elected, he'll have his opportunity to "prove" if he really is an everyman as he claims. If he isn't....... the people will have the opportunity to remove him in a few years. Yes, they are stuck with the consequences for awhile.

Speaking of consequences, if he gets elected, it likely a consequence of Obama duping the people and selling himself as something he is not. Washington is a cesspool, it tends to attract sewer rats....... It does not discriminate weather there is a D or R after their names either. We just like to think so ;)