Welcome to PatsFans.com

Every step you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ouch!!

Sting's wife: one of the two sets of rules people. Sound familiar?

----

Eco-warrior Trudie prefers helicopter to an 80-mile train ride

Trudie and Sting

Trudie Styler: One rule for her, and another for the rest of us

It's one rule for them, and another for the rest of us.

Trudie Styler, wife of Sting and self-styled eco-warrior, recently took a helicopter to travel 80 miles from Wiltshire to Devon, a journey that would have taken less than two hours by train.

The actress and film producer is forever harping on about saving the environment, having set up the Rainforest Campaign in the late 1980s with her pop star husband.

The Stings are known for eating only organic food, supposedly grown on their land, although one member of staff recently admitted to serving up nonorganic salad from the supermarket.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showb...elicopter to an 80-mile train ride/article.do

//

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So what, are we supposed to apologize for some spoiled wife of a pop star? They don't speak us, the people who really care about the environment. I don't care if every celebrity turns out to be a fraud, the cause is bigger than them.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +702 / 20 / -30

This is this left coast crap once again, and once again it makes not difference what they say or what they do. What makes a difference is what I do and what I say. They have no influence over most of the American people, except for those who faithfully watch entertainment tonite.. the rest of us do not give a flying f...k.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Most all of the Clebrity Squawkers are like that, they want you to wear a sweater and turn your thermostat down while they go swimming in their heated pool.
    One of the biggest offenders is one of those damn Kennedy's, Robert Jr, he has SUV's, a Private Jet and two or three houses he heats and air conditions year round, F-ck those bastards, and f-ck that raving screwball Gore.
    I leave every light in my house on all night now, and I always make sure I stepside if I have to break wind.

Robert Kennedy Jr & Al Gore should go up into the Rocky Mountains and try to put Diapers on all the Grizzley Bears and Mountain Lions so they won't sh!t in the woods.

Break Their F-cking Legs.

:bricks:

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Do as I say, not as I do.

//

6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +855 / 12 / -7

Well, put, Pujo.

Notice a pattern here? I do. Celebrities adopt causes. Their distance from the common man produces distorted measurables. The right wing, rather than making the actual point (which typically depends on facts not in their favor,) targets the individual for ad-hom attacks.

Now we have Sting's wife to add to Gore.

Meanwhile, the consensus around the world is that we're merrily trotting toward a Venutian landscape. Well hell, I have no kids myself. I'm with Sarah Silverman - bring your bathing suit! It's a global party!

Any of you guys with kids and grandkids? I don't get that you don't give a crap that most data support the notion that we're effing up their lives.

There is no downside to responding actively to this threat. And some insist on the Ostritch principal as our global warming response.

F*** it. There'll be plenty of sand.

PFnV

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'll never understand what it is that Pubbies have against airplane mechanics, pilots, ATC guys, baggage handlers and the like. Those are all regular people who make a decent, but certainly not excessive living from general aviation. General aviation being made up by stuff like this helicopter flight and the jet that Gore flies around in from time to time. Taking it away 100% will amount to roughly 1 less fart in the windstorm that is Global Climate Change. Don't believe me? Well look at the elimination of leaded gas from most engines. Many of the people here lived through that transitional period. You'll notice that I said most engines. None of the airplanes that use gas were effected by this at all. Even today virtually all non-jet airplanes run on LEADED gas. That means that all the little puddle jumpers, things like traffic copters, police and ambulatory ac, and private planes, that flew all around the LA area kept right on doing it as less and less leaded-gas cars drove on through; yet the smog still went away. We went through this stupid idea, that anyone who lives beyond the average American's means deserves punishment, in the 80's with the luxury tax. I see some of us learned from it and some didn't.

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bullcrap. The right makes plenty of points to refute the content of Algore's Inconvenient Lie... Pointing out his own hypocrisy (which you seem to consider a "personal attack") is just good entertainment value.

9. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Sting and his hairly legged wife isn't sh!t against a hungry ravenous wolf or bear in the woods... this much is true.

10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +855 / 12 / -7

Q, I've read a couple things you've had to say on the global warming matter. It's funny how nothing really excites someone on the right so much as a growing scientific consensus against which to rail.

I don't get it. The majority of scientists in the world agree on the global warming phenomenon. The majority agree the climate is changing. The majority agree that industrial activities do fuel an affect which contributes.

The only difficulty is that to prove it to the extent required by the extreme right, you first have to destroy the climate entirely, to prove that the effect is happening at all.

The measureables support climate change, Q. Please tell me you're not arguing that. The extent of man's involvement is very probably to blame for our warming trend, in whole or in part.

But even man's activity is only one part of the problem, we can certainly avoid acting in a way that aids and abets our enemies, the sunspots. Or whatever the extreme right believes causes global warming this week.

By the way, did those guys ever find Iraq's nukes?

PFnV

11. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm sorry if Al Gore's movie is your source for information about the environment. It might seem like a strange idea, but if you want to learn something about science, try watching, reading, or listening to something from scientists and not a politician. I haven't seen Al Gore's movie, but my guess is it's less about global warming than it is about Al Gore. Stop trying to raise these little doubts while ignoring the big picture: we need to figuratively stop pissing in our streams, and that includes but goes far beyond global warming.

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As the Clintons would say: "It's the hypocrisy, stupid."

//

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

If an entire state of Tennessee legalized the dumping of motor oil down sewer drains, and everyone was doing it, including Al Gore, but Al Gore said that he was against doing such a thing and it was bad for the rivers, soil and groundwater, but Al Gore was still doing it and someone filmed him doing it...does that mean no one was doing it and that it wasn't a bad thing that everyone in Tennessee was dumping motor oil down the storm drains?

A famous or popular individual being a hyppocrit about something doesn't change the facts of the issue. What difference does Al Gore's activity have to do with the science of global climatology?

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

At the very least AlGore should pay somebody to read his lines (if, indeed, they are his own) because his credibility is taking major hits, day by day. He looks like he's trying to get rolling start on the '08 elections, and the more he pretends he's not, the less attractive as a candidate he becomes.

//

15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +855 / 12 / -7

I for one love the focus on smearing Gore, since he's not running for anything. Of course, the trouble is that Republicans just sharpen their knives on whoever's handy, and go into overdrive when the campaign starts. Could you imagine how they'd get clobbered if the ad hom rules of bulletin boards applied to presidential elections?

PFnV

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, you mean like Barack's 1984 video on Hillary. Yep. The "politics of destruction" are a baitch, ain't they? But killing a sitting president in the midst of a war is just fine with you because "you know best". Kerry, Fonda, Michelle Moore and Ed Asner told you so. Yep. Got your number.

//

17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +855 / 12 / -7

This gets the WTF?!? of the year award, unless you're just trying to ironically illustrate my point about right wing smear campaigns.

I'm pretty sure I never advocated killing a president, sitting or otherwise. I mean, I was okay with the Saddam hanging, if that's what you mean, but he was out of office by then.

Haven't seen Obama's 1984 video.

I don't think you've even got my area code, Fog.

PFnV