PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ever been to Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsfreak5

Rookie
Reaction score
I know I shouldnt be counting my chicken before they have sex, but im looking into buying tickets to the colts first playoff game. Is Indy a easy city to drive around? Is the rca dome easy to find? Id be driving from maine, only about 16 hours.

sportsfreak5 said:
I know I shouldnt be counting my chicken before they have sex, but im looking into buying tickets to the colts first playoff game. Is Indy a easy city to drive around? Is the rca dome easy to find? Id be driving from maine, only about 16 hours.

You'll be fine.

Hard to prepare yourself for the smell, though.

Indy's very easy to navigate, much MUCH easier than Boston.

Indy's a really small city with few skyscrapers. You'll be able to see the RCA dome from miles away. There's still city traffic though, so I'd still get a map from somewhere.

Counting your chickens before they have sex?

Isn't it don't count your chickens before they hatch?

It's very easy to navigate around here. i-465 circles the city. THE RCA Dome is easy to get to downtown. Plenty of good restaurants, motels, etc. everywhere. If this matchup does happen, expect an ungodly demand for tix to this game.

sportsfreak5 said:

Dude, if Pit wins, they go to Indy right?

mosi said:
Dude, if Pit wins, they go to Indy right?

Yep. I wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh bump off Indy and come to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game. Stranger things have happened.

sportsfreak5 said:
It's pretty easy to drive here. People here whine and complain about traffic here, but they have never seen traffic like Boston's traffic. I guess whining and complaining is a natural trait among Clot fans. Anyway, you said it's going to take you about 16hrs from Maine? I drove from outside of Boston and it took me 18hrs. How fast are you planning on driving?

Easy to get to the RCA dome

Super easy to get to the RCA dome. Put in RCA Dome, Indianapolis in Yahoo Maps or Mapquest and you'll get a map. It's on the west side of downtown, Exit off of I 70 at the McCarty street or West Street Exits and go north a few blocks. You will be pointing right at the Dome. You will see it from I-70, it's the huge white pillowtop, absolutely no missing it. All the digging you will see in front of the Dome is the construction for the new stadium. There are loads of hotels and restaurants right there, and the Circle Center Mall is right there too. Hopefully a decent hotel room is still available by the time you would know if the Patriots are playing at the Dome. Downtown Indy is a nice place, lots of revitalization, and very easy to get around.

sportsfreak5 said:

I only drove through Gary, Indiana.

It's very scenic, though. :D

RayClay said:
I only drove through Gary, Indiana.

It's very scenic, though. :D
:rofl: Ahhh Gary, Indiana. Such a pit that it makes New Jersey look pristine.

NEM said:
Any place in the world is easier to navigate than Boston....But, why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Indianapolis? :D

Well, Rome. But, if you'd kept it to the U.S., I'd agree. By navigate, I assume you meant drive. In Rome, they come after you on the sidewalks!

I drove through Indianapolis once on a coast to coast trip. Only thing I can say is if Green Bay can support an NFL team, I guess Indy can.

ya

NEM said:
They whine and complain here in Phoenix, too. I tell them, if you had to drive in Boston you would never survive.

Out here they dont have rotary traffic....and I tell them, if you were in Boston and you got into a rotary, you probably would spend the rest of your life in it, not knowing, or afraid, of how to get out of it. "D

And horn blowing doesnt exist.

But, the flying finger is very prevelant, usually backed up with a few shots from the locals six gun into your tires. :D

:rofl:

Like in NATIONAL LAMPOONS EUROPEAN VACATION! My wife had no idea what a rotary was until she saw one when we went back home (portsmouth, nh) and she was afraid to drive throught them! Priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes