Welcome to PatsFans.com

Even the haters, must admit...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by scott99, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 65 / -57

#87 Jersey

That it's incredible that this team is even sniffing at a playoff spot, due to the incredible amount of major injuries to key players. I HATE using injuries as an excuse, but this season is different. Our top QB, a first ballot Hall Of Famer, gone. Our tp RB, gone for the season. Our 2 backup RB's out for a lot of the season. Our top LB (Adalius Thomas), gone for most of the season, and may not return. Our top safety (Rodney Harison), gone for the season. Ty Warren, one our top D-Lineman out for the last 4 games. Also, some of our top draft choices, on injured reserve. Our top special team gunners, Kelley Washington & Sam Aiken both out for significant time. Linemen injuries, Ben Watson missed games, etc.

Imagine the Steelers playing against a healthy Pat's team (circa 2007), without Roethlisberger, Parker, Harris & Polamalu ? No contest (same as yesterday). WE shouldn't be shocked at the blowout yesterday, we should be shocked that we even have a chance at a playoff spot. This may be Belichick's BEST coaching job ever, and he and the staff should be commended. I also commend the fans for still expecting excellence, as well as the players that are left. They have a winning attitude, and I think I was as proud of this team in the loss to the Jets, as I have been in some of the victories this year.

The talking heads, and trolls who are just haters, can badmouth this team, but this team hasn't lost 5 games due to being a bad team, they have lost 5 games due to being decimated with an incredible amount of injuries. I can't remember a team losing these type of players, and still making the playoffs. Bravo to our beloved Pats if they make it.
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Re: Even the haters, must admit.......

I'm with you man this is one hell of a TEAM, they keep fighting even with injury after injury. The injury card is not an excuse its a damn fact.
  3. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If the haters don't gloat about beating the Pats this year, that means they don't respect us - take it as a compliment that the Steeler/Jet/Colt faithful are beaming over beating.....Matt Cassel.
  4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Great post, Scottie.
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 25 / -46

No Jersey Selected

Hopefully we can have the last laugh in the playoffs. And a big laugh at that considering the injuries that the OP mentioned. As others have stated, it's not excuse. Just a fact.
  6. NJPatsfan26

NJPatsfan26 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Very nice.

I have been amazed by the way the team has played this year.

All the haters can keep hating....and all the so called fans who want us to throw the rest of the season to get a better draft pick in 09'.....GFY....
  7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -0

They'll never admit it - which makes being in contention that much sweeter - and will be an incredible feather in this team's cap if they can pull it off.
  8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 25 / -46

No Jersey Selected

Actually, the haters would probably say that we're still cheating. :banned:
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +866 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Beam me up, Scottie! Nice perspective. Much appreciated vs the negativity spewed by NEPatriot in his contrived poll. I attended summer camp and opined that Cassel's performance was a concern and were he to be QB we'd struggle to be .500. It's been fun to watch him develop as a player. What's equally amazing is that we lost our core strength with AD out and Harrison on IR yet we're still in the race in December. Remember also that Harrison's heir apparent Tank Williams was an early IR.

P.S. Oh and we played games with our 3rd string UDFA RB as a starter.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  10. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree...it's a BIG thing that we are THAT close...VERY important...and we are NOT dead yet...VERY big games for the team...
  11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 25 / -46

No Jersey Selected

Aye. Tank and Meriweather would be a pretty good combo back there, IMO.
  12. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't know. Didn't Tank fall off similar to Wilson?
  13. The Dog

The Dog Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree that the Pats have had a ridiculous run of injuries. I have been very impressed by what they have been able to accomplish despite this rash of injuries. I am not gloating over the win though. I'm just happy because of the upcoming schedule for the Steelers is quite difficult.
  14. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yup, that one hurt-BB had plans for him imho.

You hate to use injuries as a reason/excuse but this year it's pretty obvious they can't be left out of any Pats' discussions.

It really IS amazing what they've managed to accomplish despite all that. I wish we could've known how things might be progressing without any furthur injuries after Brady's. Like if we still had AD,Rodney,Tank,Maroney,etc. I can't even imagine how many adjustments had to be made by the players and coaches, and what a juggling act this roster's been.

Good post scott,thanks :)
  15. PJM

PJM Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Totally agree. The Brady injury alone made me expect a nothing year. I never imagined how many of the team would go down. I echo your props to BB but would also add McDaniels who has brought Cassel along, kept Moss happy and juggled four different RBs. Last year was a co-ordinator's dream, this must have been a nightmare. When I look at how some teams in this league are just giving up on their fans and coaches, it reminds me why I support the Patriots.
  16. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

AND A DOUBLE GFY FROM ME...........

Anyone who wants this team to lose games to improve a draft pick is a loser period. If you accept it or want it than you are it.

I want a team of players that, and excuse me for quoting Herm, "Play to win the game"

I harken back to one of Drew's first years it may have even been his rookie year when he ended the season on a run of wins despite being out of contention. I think those wins were really key in his developement and helped set the tone for a late season run of wins that actually resulted in a playoff appearance the following year.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  17. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

that's the "loser's lament" right there. "YOU CHEATED"! you can hear it on little girls soccer fields across america.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  18. cavtroop

cavtroop Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree completely here. Heck, even this team, here in 2008 right now, would have probably beat the Steelers without Ben, Parker, Harris and Polamalu.

What BB has done with this team is simply amazing. If you told me at the beginning of the year that without Brady (let alone Maroney, AT for a large chunk, Harrison, Tank, etc) we'd be sniffing a playoff spot, I'd have told you that you were on something.
  19. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

i agree w/ u man...but thats what gets me most...

if the pats themselves played better, if they took care and made no or few mistakes, then they would have won not only aginst pit, but also against the jets and colts, and we would be 10-2
  20. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yep-injuries, especially a rash of them, can affect your game planning, playcalling, DL/LB rotation, etc, etc.

You guys have to remember the '05 season when Rodney, the left side of your OL, etc got hit hard, and barely managed to win 10 games.

This team will likely win 10, maybe 11 when all is said and done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.