PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Even Rodney Harrison thinks the New York Giants play dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With 3 minutes 22 seconds remaining in the Packers' 35-13 victory at Giants Stadium, Kampman was blocked to the ground by Giants center Shaun O'Hara. As backup quarterback Jared Lorenzen was sacked, Kampman started to get up when O'Hara delivered a forceful forearm to the back of Kampman's neck.

Kampman, one of the most gentlemanly players in the game, responded by flipping O'Hara on his back and nearly punching him. But Kampman had the self control to stop himself. After the game, however, Kampman's displeasure couldn't be halted.

"I had a player that did something real dirty to me," Kampman said after that game. "This was stuff that he shouldn't be doing and he won't do it again."

O'Hara was not in the Giants' locker room Wednesday in New York. No matter, really. The Giants' method of operation - tough, physical football that approaches the line of dirty play - is no secret in NFL circles.

"I'm going to tell you, we saw it on film," New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison said after facing the Giants in the regular-season finale. "It wasn't no secret. They push, they hit late, they come at you and try to take you out. That's the way they play."

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. When Harrison - who has twice been voted the league's dirtiest player in a player poll conducted by Sports Illustrated - questions your tactics, then you've arrived if your goal is to be a physical team.

And that's exactly what the Giants try to do, week in and week out. And their game plan against the Packers will be no different. Not in the least.

"I think this is going to be the most physical game that any of us have ever played to this point," Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress said. "It is going to be physical even when guys are lying on the ground with guys taking cheap shots and things like that. This is the game to get to the Super Bowl and this is the game that you have to win to get there. It is just going to be a tough game all the way around."

Full Article:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=708346

I though RH was the only "dirty" player in the league? Shouldn't they be sued for libel?

And everyone was all upset when Vince put his finger in one of the Giants players facemask.

Hmmm..... I wonder why he did that???

I think the guy just had a cliffhanger in his nose that Vince was trying to clear out for him. Guy thing!

10248KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

I love Rodney, but he should probably keep quiet about other teams' dirty play.

he should

1. shut the hell up
2. not talk about teams the pats arent playing this week
3. make his 3rd or 4th play of the season, this week, hopefully helping the team instead of hurting them.
4. get his 3rd ring and retire, he's done.

flame on

go PATS

he should

1. shut the hell up
3. make his 3rd or 4th play of the season, this week, hopefully helping the team instead of hurting them.

flame on

go PATS

i dont want him to retire just yet... he may not be as fast and productive as he has been before but he bring leadership and nastiness to our defense...

harrison to retire... not just yet...

Having kept up with the Giants for years, they have the biggest bunch of loud mouth trash talkers and whiners on the planet. However-they are everything BUT dirty cheapshot artists. Everything BUT that.

When I first heard that, I was very bewildered.

he should

1. shut the hell up

flame on

go PATS

shut up? hes a veteran with great respect around league. he has every right tos peak

he said AFTER Giants game and it got brought back up since Packers said Giants were dirty.

Make his 3rd..4th..WHAT? Our secondary was top 5 in league this season and hes made a lot of plays. Ever wonder why Witten/Cooley/Miller/Clark didnt make plays? Because Harrison played man coverage on all of these top TEs and shut them down. Just because stat sheets arent inflated doesnt mean hes not playing well. The only real negative on Rodney this year is his personal fouls as of late

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes