Welcome to PatsFans.com

Even Newsmax is beginning to question Bush....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Came across a column in Newsmax this AM, written by Paul Roberts, which extols the new Jimmy Carter Book and talks about a couple of others, the criticism seems pretty mainstream, however the source is pure neo con. My fingers tremble as I post this interesting schism from the right wing main stream media, that is extremely critical of GWB.

http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/1/2/160223.shtml

Three Books to Wake You Up
    Paul Craig Roberts
    Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2006
    Consequently, "The United States now has become one of the foremost targets of respected international organizations concerned about these basic principles of democratic life."

Carter reports that the deception, naked aggression and torture that define the Bush administration have caused a tremendous setback for human rights throughout the world. At an international human rights conference in June 2005, "Participants explained that oppressive leaders had been emboldened to persecute and silence outspoken citizens under the guise of fighting terrorism. ... The consequence is that many lawyers, professors, doctors and journalists had been labeled terrorists, often for merely criticizing a particular policy or for carrying out their daily work. We heard about many cases involving human rights attorneys being charged with abetting terrorists simply for defending accused persons." Carter is especially disturbed that the Bush administration is encouraging these abusive policies in the name of "fighting terrorism."

The second book mentioned is: Nikolaus Wachsmann's "Hitler's Prisons" (Yale University Press 2004). Wachsmann's book is a detailed history of the conflict and cooperation between the traditional legal-judicial-prison system on the one hand and the police-SS-concentration camp system on the other. He does not mention George Bush or Bush's "war on terror." However, the similarities leap off the pages.

The 3rd book is, Robert Higgs in his "Resurgence of the Warfare State" (Independent Institute, 2005). With ruthless logic, Higgs shreds every claim of the Bush administration and its apologists. Reading Higgs leaves no doubt that the Bush administration's invasion of Iraq was an illegal act based in deception. Under the Nuremberg standard established by the United States itself, Bush's invasion is a war crime. Widespread slaughter of the civilian Iraqi population and torture of detainees are also war crimes. In one of his best chapters, Higgs destroys the claim that U.S. "smart weapons" are expressions of our morality in warfare because they target only enemy combatants.

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You could fill a library with books critical of Bush, written by both conservatives and liberals, that have just come out in the past year...since the election.

Its astounding how much backlash there is everywhere but the mainstream media.

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

So I guess you think Clinton sucked than also? He also has a library full of critical books about him?

Oh wait he you political Jesus, so it doesn't count.

What a bunch of hypocrites of the ultra-left.

No backlash in the MSM :rofl: What the hell are you watching the Greenland weather channel?

4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Typical of the so called neo cons who post on this board, you attack the poster and ignore the meat of the post. NEWSMAX that bastion of neoconism now has articles the are critical of their leader, and instead of responding to that you lash out at another poster. I believe more and more there is no substance to what you folk believe in, just well rehearsed talking points tht make no sense.

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Hey listen I was just responding to AAB asinine post and comparing a ridiculous statement he made.

Listen I could write a book myself on how Bush is a fiscal liberal and never vetoed a god damned spending bill in his term. It make me sick his fiscal record and I yearn for a more fiscally libertarian or conservative, but that ain't happening now with them trying to woo democrats and minorities to vote for them so its hand outs for all.

All these "war is illegal" books and crap like that I could care less what they do to the ****s that want to kill me or non-us citizens, your number is in a terrorists cell phone, I would hope they ask why?

As someone who has served in Iraq I find Higgs assertions to be a slap in the face, the tactics we deployed were actually to PC, but hey it rips Bush so it must be true. He can screw himself, war profiteer :mad:

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Bush is driving them insane :singing:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,863 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Newsmax, rag that it is, publishes a spectrum of opinion.
    Google the author and you'll see that he has posted wacko anti-Bush rhetoric in numerous venues including Newsmax for years. He reminds me of Lyndon Laruche.
    Think before you post a 'discovery' that indicates a shift in political opinion.

8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lets not forget that Carter single handedly created islamic terrorism by turning his back on longtime US ally the Shah of Iran. and instead welcoming a new Islamic extremist Ayatolla Kohmeni to power in Iran. So Carter needs to shut his f*ckin peanut brained mouth SHUT!

9. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, I live in the real world, not some hippy liberal fantasy world where all Dems are saints and we all live in comunes singing "all you need is love"

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Jimmy "Sissy" Carter is a prime example of why America should not have Far Left Liberals in power. They are dangerous, they don't know how to protect you, they think if they smile and slobber and throw flowers at the enemy that the enemy will somehow, "vanish", then they can get on with their little social feel good do-gooding CRAP.

Well if they come to power you can bet many more Americans will DIE right here at home, blown to bits.

The Muslim Terrorist Savages are Just waiting for another Jimmy Wimmy Carter to come along.

11. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A perfect example would be Clinton and North Korea.

12. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Err, you might not want North Korea to be the test. Clinton may have gotten a D in that one, but Bush is heading for a very dangerous F.

Carter was elected because the Republicans let him. They were reeling from a scandal and he was a small-time peanut farmer who didn't threaten them in the slightest. They blew that election knowing full well they would come back in 4 years and throw him out of the white house.

13. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And look at the disasterous legacy left by Carter in just 4 years.

14. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,863 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Friends don't let friends elect moonbat Democrats

Disclosure - I voted for Carter...death penalty?

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

The President of the United States saw a "Flying Saucer" "Lusted For Women Other Than His Wife" and a "Rabbit scared the sh it out of him" when he was in a canoe, he screamed at the Secret Service Agent to paddle into shore, the Rabbit was swimming and the President was afraid the Rabbit would tip the canoe over :singing:

The President, Jimmy "Sissy" Carter.

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

The point is that News Max is a neo con publication that extols the virtues of this agenda and they are now starting to show some schisms in their support. I find this extremely interesting from a big picture, at one time this type of thing would never be posted. Say what you all want about Carter, he had a ton of shortfalls, but has never been implicated in any scandal that I have ever heard of.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

The far left flaming "Neo Lib" Democrat leans towards the old "Communisim" they would like nothing better than to see most all things that disagree with them "Censored", they DO NOT want you to hear the "Other Side"

At the top of their list,
    News Max,
    Hannity
    Coulter
    Limbaugh
    O'Rielly
    Fox News
    And of course, the "Hated Bush"

They would sell their souls to silence the above.
    (But it ain't gonna happen) :singing:

18. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Isn't it funny that Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Riley and Coulter are all really nice people who NEVER resort to the nastiness of their liberal counterparts.

19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Are you deluded, or is this tongue in cheek? Read Coulters most recent column this AM once again spewing venom. Limbaugh, this AM he is all over McCain and the media. O'Reilly he got a smack in the chops by Letterman the other nite, today he is continuing his retribution against web sites.

These folk are the ones who taught that the Left has to play nasty and tell half truths as this is the basis of their audience and method. Oh yea, you forgot Savage(aka Michael Weiner) who is never nasty.