Welcome to PatsFans.com

Even Jon Stewart thinks Harry Reid should S T * U

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When you're a liberal, and Jon Stewart is telling you to shut up, then you sholld REALLY take a look in the mirror and reevaluate. :rofl: :rofl:

Jon Stewart tells Harry Reid to

Jon Stewart ridiculed Senate Majority leader Harry Reid last night for accusing Mitt Romney of not paying any taxes for 10 years. “Here’s a rule of thumb, if you have to follow your claim with the words, ‘I don’t know if this is true’ then shut up.” Stewart said, comparing Reid to Donald Trump.

Stewart then launched a segment called “You Harry Reid are Really Really Terrible” and proceeded to ridicule Reid. “You’re the Senate Majority Leader, you can’t just run to the Side-Boob Gazette with ridiculous speculations,” Stewart said, jokingly referring to the Huffington Post.

Stewart also criticized Reid for making speculations about what Mitt Romney’s father thought about his son's decision not to release his tax returns. “I can’t believe you just went dead-Dad shame on Mitt Romney,” Stewart said incredulously. “That is a bulls*it shot.”

2. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +420 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

The whole thing is a joke. 10 years?

The Dems are desperate because they fear that voters are tired of every last one of them.

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

Stewart criticizes Reid and left-leaning members of the media regularly, fwiw. (and his pieces are usually pretty dead-on, whether the subjects are left or right)

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Unfortunately, we are left with a comedy show for an insightful and balanced look at the news that calls bulls#!t on politicians when needed. Sucks.

5. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

It's dirty as hell, no doubt. But then again, Republicans have been playing like this for years. It's about time we fought them on their own terms.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,815 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

A guy who won't release his taxes accuses another of not releasing his taxes ... :rofl:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  7. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +305 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Jack - I get the idea you are running with here.

I guess my question is at what point do we, the people, demand more of our leaders to actually do something more than slinging mud back and forth all in the name of "politics".

The Republicans at times act slimey and the same could be said of the Dems. From my seat, I tune them both out and dislike what all of them are doing. There are no points in my mind for "playing the game". Points are won when we the people are served by the ass hats we vote in. I don't see how any R voter can be happy with the Rs in government and honestly I don't understand how staunch D voters can be happy with their reps.

I guess I just have way higher expectations of elected officials, you know, to actually do things to better the country.

My opinion (and that is all this post really is) is in times when the going gets tough; people out of work, losing money in their homes, insurance costs skyrocketing etc etc etc, that isnt the time to "It's about time we fought them on their own terms.", its the time for us all to pick ourselves up, tie our boots back on, and work together on something great.

D

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Term Limits
    Four Years For All Scumsucking Politicians

Goodnight Mrs Kalabash Wherever You Are

9. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

I actually agree with pretty much everything you wrote. I guess I'm just cynical. I don't care for Harry Reid one bit, but I'm also not going to shed tears when Republicans -- who have done absolutely nothing productive during Obama's tenure -- take umbrage at someone giving them a taste of their own medicine. Is it wrong in normative terms? Sure.

Both parties suck right now. I won't even try to argue that. But my reading tells me that one party (the GOP, duh) is so far out to lunch...until they get back to standing for what conservatives ACTUALLY stand/stood for, the status quo will endure.

10. Drewski

Ratings:
    +305 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I couldn't agree more with the second paragraph. In my heart of hearts, I am fiscal conservative, but I don't dare vote for the R now because the party that once held fiscal views that I share, is now the party of Jesus and War.

I guess Ill just stay stuck in the middle somewhere :)

11. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +890 / 16 / -7

#87 Jersey

GARY JOHNSON Be Libertarian With Me - YouTube

Join us Drew, join usssssss

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'm assuming you didn't watch the entire thing, the entire thing is a set up for how the right wing has been doing this for the last 3+years.

WATCH IT UNTIL THE END ... or the joke is on you

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

Has Harry Reid passed a budget yet? After all it's only been since 2009 that Harry's had a budget...

14. Drewski

Ratings:
    +305 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I will be.

EDIT - Truth be told I have been reading up a lot lately on Mr. Johnson's stance on many of the issues basically because, while I have heard his name thrown around, I didn't know much about him.

In the primary season I was a fan of Huntsman and it seems, although obviously not all, that many views and approaches to solving our issues are "close" between the two.

I like it.

15. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

I wouldn't quite say that -- it's not merely a setup. His criticism of Reid is legit. He just also points out the hypocrisy of some of the morons at Fox as well.

16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

of course....

however the linked article, and right wing commentary in this thread leads me to believe that the conservatives didn't watch the entire thing....

Asking the Ouiji spirits if he should play his set up montage of fox reporting sourceless material, is part of his set-up....

Megyn Kelley IS the punchline

Conz might want to watch from the 13 minute mark

17. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +353 / 2 / -2

This is how politicians are beating the American people. They have us so divided between right and left that when a pol on the right does something bad the right just says that the left does it too, and same for the other way around.

The right and the left being different is a front to keep America divided. The politicians themselves only believe in what will get them in, or keep them in office.

You see examples of this everyday. Obama is against gay marriage, then suddenly he is for it, Mitt... well I don't think I need to post any examples of his changes of stance ;)

But, it is all politicians that are like this. They love having America in two separate camps and they will keep it that way because if Americans every came together it would be a huge blow to the money making process of being a politician.

18. Drewski

Ratings:
    +305 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Here Here Hamar. This is basically how I look at it too....keep us divided on the "issues" and the process and we wont actually hold them accountable for sucking.

It's our National ADD.

19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

American politics in a nutshell. Great post.:mad: