Welcome to PatsFans.com

Even Harvard finds the Media is bias

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Nov 2, 2007.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +876 / 2 / -9

It's so obvious that even Dan Rather will someday admit it :rocker:

3. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Doesn't everybody already know this??!!

Ever since CNN or somebody did a study on the party affiliations of media people, and it came out something like: 90% Dem Party affiliation, 6% Repub, and 4% "Neutral" (now called "independent", I guess).

This was done in the late 80s or early 90s.

As if you couldn't tell by the way they cover things! Duh.

//

5. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 7 / -2

Well, I'm not into the religion part too much, but clearly Hollywood has been spitting out some serious propoganda, anti-american crap for a few years now. Thankfully, they've pretty much all bombed, as people don't like to go to the movies to see political speak, they like to go to be entertained. Hollywood should stick to movies, and leave out their politics.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +876 / 2 / -9

Democratic Liberalism has another dirty little secret, they are all turning into "Anti Semites" they themselves are now becoming the same Bigots that they used to accuse the skin heads of being.

This must have the Democrat "Hollywood Jews" dancing around on hot coals.

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, here's one you'll like: seems like the Hollywood *writers union* feels like they haven't been getting enough love, so they've gone on strike!

On strike!!!! WTH??!!!!!!

So, too bad, we'll not be getting any more drunken, drug-sopped, teen-age girls and boys going out and having sex all night in haunted houses only to have Freddie Kruger slice them up!! Or 75% of the other innane, brain-dead, morally bankrupt dross that flows so freely, much too freely.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/11/02/ap4293593.html

//

10. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

How true.

Can yo think of another union whose strike would have any less an effect on AMerica than Hollywood writers?? (Hollywood actors I guess). I can only hope that all those left wing actors, directors, producers honor the picket line.

Wouldn't it be great if this strike lasted, oh twenty years!! Leaving the networks with nothing to show but live sports events and movies!!!

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This fall/winter seems to be an even greater assault than normal by the Hollywood moonbats. The viciously anti-Christian "Golden Compass" not to mention about a dozen WOT-themed movies will be coming soon to a theater near you.

I am grateful that for all the moonbat critical acclaim, those types of movies tend to bomb at the box office. The ultra-liberal "Rendition" has been an abject, abysmal failure at the box office. They'll be lucky to break $10 million :rofl:

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +709 / 7 / -2

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +709 / 7 / -2

I'll be honest, I do enjoy such movies bombing. Just stick to entertaining and leave your political agenda at home. The hollywooder's annoy me enough with their politically driven speeches, but I can deal with them and don't let that bother me when I go to see a flick. Some of my favorite actors are people like Clooney, Penn, DeCaprio, Gibson, etc. All of them have been somewhat outspoken in ways I don't like, but I still love their movies. The difference is though, that those movies weren't the political drivel we're seeing now.

14. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Rendition and Lions for Lambs both look especially biased and awful. I'm a big movie fan, but it's been especially annoying to sit through those trailers

Vantage Point is a movie coming up, and there's some terrorists in it. I was SHOCKED I TELL YOU to see that they're middle eastern. We all know that movie terrorists are middle-aged white men.

15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +396 / 15 / -14

The link provides a rather simplistic description of the report. But, the report does show a liberal bias. What's rather striking is the strong anti-Hillary bias, yet she still leads in both the Democratic primary and national election polls.

Here's the full report:

http://www.journalism.org/node/8187

I don't think the report is really balanced. I think you have to take into account the major tabloids, a representative sample of important local newspapers, and of course radio. I think if you did that the bias would even out somewhat.

Speaking of bias, it's interesting that in their chart, Investor's Daily (FTW's link) leaves out radio.

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

one has to laugh when staunch righties work themselves up into a lather regarding their convenient perception that the CORPORATE media is somehow biased to the left... anyone who's paying attention, and not in complete denial, knows that, while some anchors and newsroom editors may have a progressive mindset, the crux of the news presentation is wholeheartedly CONSERVATIVE, and deflecting away from the real stories about what's happening to the masses...

it's really rather laughable to hear Con men squawk about some liberal bias in the media, and then forget all about the media's schlock in support of their bullshyt occupation when it started, their refusal to show the carnage in Iraq, the caskets coming home, the protection of Bush League sources in obstruction of a criminal case, the Monsanto case against two Fox reporters who refused to change their story, and on and on and on and on and on... heck, even the media in their coverage the first few months were calling the invasion exactly what the Pentagon's slogan was for it all... "Operation Iraqi Liberation/Freedom".... where's the objectivity there?

Advertising drives corporate media... Big business & profit.... and those are decidedly CONservative... don't be conned by the conmen...

deflection towards hollywood and away from Climate Change, Peak Oil, and the Modern Crusade is just how the "Reich Wing" wants things....... you have to find independent media sources (Democracy Now, for one) to learn about what's really happening in this country......

the question stares everyone right in the face, as asked by Amy Goodman: "if it were state run media, how would it be any different?"... watch the media suck up to the military from the very onset of this disaster... especially at the 3:00 mark...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Amy Goodman in that link:

"i really do think that if for one week in the United States we saw the true face of War -- we saw people's limbs sheered off, we saw the kids blown apart -- for ONE WEEK, war would be eradicated... instead, what we see in the U.S. media, and it's just quite astounding, it's the video war game... those gray grainy photographs with the target on them, looking down... but you don't see, we don't see those people as the targets on the ground."

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +876 / 2 / -9

Dan Rather building a "Brick Tent">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, I gotta agree that the "care nothing but profits" crowd at the top of the corporate food chain are almost amoral when it comes to filling their pockets with gold, but I still say the nattering nabobs of negativism in the media are challenging the greed merchants for the prize in who can be more narrow in their views on the world.

The greedy corporate types care only about making their bucks; the head-in-sand-for-"the cause" news writers want to change the world but use a broken template. So, six of one, half dozen of the other, we're pummeled from both sides.

It's got to change, on BOTH sides, labor AND management.

//

20. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I love it when neocon sheep bring up Harvard to support their views, then crucify Harvard Deans and Harvard papers which call out the AIPAC Israeli lobby on American foreign policy.