PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Even for Marshall Faulk, this is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't replace Gronk, but I happen to agree with part of the statement - we will see how badass Hernandez can be when he's the featured TE. I also agree that he is more versatile than any other player on our team (TE, RB, WR), including Gronk.

But in any normal circumstance, screw Marshall "Sour Grapes" Faulk.

It's kinda true. Two different types of tight ends, but both can dominate a game and be one of Brady's top targets.

I don't get what he said that you find so stupid. I pretty much agreed with everything he said.

CT, I watched the video and I don't get your hate for that.

Other than the misuse of the word "interchangeable' (Gronk is a "Y" and Hernandez is an "H" or an "F" - they are vastly different) I don't see why you are reacting angrily to it.

I can't stand Kevin's less classy cousin as much as the next, but he was praising the Pats, BB and Brady there (albeit, in an uninformed way).

I would term this (as opposed to other things he has said about the Pats) as 'one man's benign ignorance'.

BTW, the 'automatic plugging in of Edelman for Welker' was also pretty ignorant. I'm as big of an Edelman booster as anyone on this forum, but even I wouldn't go that far.

Last edited:
I don't want to see AHern until he's healthy. We can afford to lose a game(s) if need be. Mid-December if necessary is fine with me. The worse that will happen is no bye week.

Last edited:
Losing Gronk hurts the running game. That's one aspect Hernandez doesn't bring in the same way.

Best point made in that segment was when Deion pointed out how unselfish the likes of Gronk, Hernandez and Welker were - no whining from them when the gameplan lessens their role for a particular week.

Last edited:
I don't want to see AHern until he's healthy. We can afford to lose a game(s) if need be. Mid-December if necessary is fine with me. The worse that will happen is no bye week.

Huh? We can't afford to lose any games, particularly a division one. I think the bye is HUGE for getting to the SB. We need this win on Thursday just like we need all the other ones, if nothing else to give us a cushion if we happen to drop one of our really tough games coming up, like San Fran or Houston.

Pats have 2 other blocking TE's in Fells and Shiancoe. Time to step up and earn your paychecks guys ! :rocker:

Pats have 2 other blocking TE's in Fells and Shiancoe. Time to step up and earn your paychecks guys ! :rocker:

Hoomanawanui seems to be a very decent blocker as well

Huh? We can't afford to lose any games, particularly a division one. I think the bye is HUGE for getting to the SB. We need this win on Thursday just like we need all the other ones, if nothing else to give us a cushion if we happen to drop one of our really tough games coming up, like San Fran or Houston.

I agree losing a game is never the answer (unsess you need to suck for Luck) but do you see how much the Pats suck after a bye? That's not the first time.

From personal experience, if you're on a roll, the last thing you want to do is take a week off.

I was impressed with Schiancoe yesterday. I watched him blocking and he did a good job manned up with DE's and he is a good pass catcher with good speed. I was really impressed with his speed on the TD to Gronk. He ran the fly on the outside and took the CB with him as he was further up the field than gronk showing those wheels. If he can be a good blocker and catch the balls when called upon and Ahern comes back healthy we will be fine with Edelman coming back as well.

I like Hernandez as much as the next guy but we are going to miss Gronk in the redzone and blocking.

I agree losing a game is never the answer (unsess you need to suck for Luck) but do you see how much the Pats suck after a bye? That's not the first time.

From personal experience, if you're on a roll, the last thing you want to do is take a week off.

A few years ago, I would have disagreed. Not so much anymore. While the rest is great, the slight bit of rust isn't. I almost prefer a 3 or 4 seed, especially if you get to play a team in the wildcard round that isn't overly physical.

While the bye week makes all the sense in the world, it doesn't seem to help much in actual life/game sitations.

Last edited:
A few years ago, I would have disagreed. Not so much anymore. While the rest is great, the slight bit of rust isn't. I almost prefer a 3 or 4 seed, especially if you get to play a team in the wildcard round that isn't overly physical.

While the bye week makes all the sense in the world, it doesn't seem to help much in actual life/game sitations.

I agree with this sentiment.

For a veteran team with a few SB rings, who've seen it all before, the BYE week is a chance to get healthy and focus.

But for a young team that is prone to get distracted by the bright lights and crowd noise, it's useful to play a playoff home game against a cupcake to take the benchmark for things to come. The 2012 team has too many important young players who need the time on the field and in front of the national cameras.

I thought Hernandez got skittish and distracted a few times last year in clutch situations in the playoffs. We dont know how Jones or Hightower or Dennard will react to the situational stress and the media attention. I would want to keep them all occupied watching film, installing new plays, training and playing, rather than allow them a soft week with the opportunity to read the newspaper clippings, talk with their friends and watch all the talking heads predict the Pats winning easily. That stuff never helps. Heads down is best.

Hoohoo has certainly proved his worth to the team.

His blocking has been more than impressive.

Hoohoo has certainly proved his worth to the team.

His blocking has been more than impressive.

AND he made a nice tackle on Edelman on that reverse.

:cool: :D ;) :rocker: :singing:

You can't afford to lose any games in the NFL. That's not a smart comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing