Welcome to PatsFans.com

Evangelicals say no to Romney as VP

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TommyBrady12, Jul 29, 2008.

1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 10 / -8

#12 Jersey

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Who do they want Ted Haggard?
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +197 / 7 / -23

They want Huckabee.... intereresting that this was written up in the Washington Times, Rev. Moon does not want Romney..
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The funny part is that Evangelicals are a large group of Christians in this country, but it's usually only a small vocal group (usually more extreme than most) that pipes up and attempts to control the nominations. It's their right in some ways, but they really do act like kvetching babies. And if they got past their aversion to Romney, they'd see he shares (or claims to) a lot of the same family values, assuming that's what concerned about. They're very reactionary, and that hurts them.
  6. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good god, if he picks Huckabee I can't in good conscience vote for that ticket. Maybe I'd go Libertarian with Bob Barr, though frankly I'm not real into him either. Maybe a write-in for Harry Boy?
  7. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 10 / -8

#12 Jersey

if mccain puts huckabee on the ticket, then fiscal conservatives won't get excited.

if mccain puts romney on the ticket, evangelicals won't get excited.

mccain is in a tough spot - he's got to pick who would be more valuable. I'd say Romney since he can bring in a lot of money and would help deliver a battleground state like Michigan where's popular.

jindal is another good choice but he's got no experience.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Romney is his best option. He might pick Pawlenty, but that's one boring arse ticket. Plus, I've read where Pawlenty sometimes says stupid things. McLame is already incoheret at times, so I'm not sure that'd be a good match. Sarah Palin is another option that might help McLame. She's very conservative, popular, a governor, and would move to court the soccer moms that are pissed about Hillary. I'm not sure how ready for primetime she is, or whether or not such a choice would deliver anything substantive to the ticket. To me, McLame has a difficult decision, since he himself doesn't excite anyone, and therefore will piss of certain groups with whomever it is he picks. Were I McLame though, I'd have Romney at the top. He'd add a little energy to a boring candidate.