PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Evaluate Ty Warren 2006 vs. 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually thinking about this a few days ago. Wasn't the force he was in 2006, but I think BradyManny is right.

You watch alot of plays from this season and you either see Warren on the ground or double teamed and the play is usually on the other side. Really he had 3 guys to fight through because to tackle he also would have to get through Wilforks double team to get to the right side.

After seeing alot of the posts I honestly feel the defense is in good shape. Of course we'd all like to see more speed, but Colvin hopefully will be back and that puts AD back in the middle. So that leaves one spot as an "older" player.

It would be a great luxury for us to get a stud linebacker to start grooming. We say it every year that we need linebackers and last year we got AD.

If anything I'd like to see a later round pick used on a defensive end or OLD speed rusher for those obvious passing situations.

We are all nitpicking. If we had Colvin we'd be SB champs, but we didn't so we're not.

I was thinking about this recently as well, because in my opinion I thought Warren had made himself a star in 2006, but I did not hear much about him this year. I then thought that maybe it was just that the defense was so over-shadowed by the spectacular play by the offense. That does not appear to be the only reason that we did not hear about Warren. He did have a set back, but I am not going to dwell on it. I think he will still have a bright future.

I was thinking about this recently as well, because in my opinion I thought Warren had made himself a star in 2006, but I did not hear much about him this year. I then thought that maybe it was just that the defense was so over-shadowed by the spectacular play by the offense. That does not appear to be the only reason that we did not hear about Warren. He did have a set back, but I am not going to dwell on it. I think he will still have a bright future.

what was his setback?

The number of times a team ran to his side makes sense for the amount of tackles, but how to you explain the decrease in sacks? I'm guessing, but I bet more teams were passing against the Pats then they did last year.

The number of times a team ran to his side makes sense for the amount of tackles, but how to you explain the decrease in sacks? I'm guessing, but I bet more teams were passing against the Pats then they did last year.

vrabel ate up all his sacks

I'm a big Ty Warren fan. I felt that after last year, he'd surpassed Seymour, even taking into consideration that Seymour was injured. However, what I noticed this year was 3 things. First, Teams didn't run to his side nearly as much as they did last year. Second, because Seymour wasn't on the field, teams were doubling up Warren instead of Seymour. Third, the d-line, in general, wasn't being used to pressure the QB like it was last year.

I wouldn't call it a set-back. I'd call it a new challenge for Warren. One that he'll have to overcome to stay at the next level. And one that he will hopefully over-come in 2008 so we see him return to the 2006 level he was at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back