Welcome to PatsFans.com

eugenics

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

This might prove to be an interesting discussion should we promote a master race, a la third reich or just let things happen? Should all genetic diseases be eradicated or should it just happen?

Eugenics is a broad term, remember a couple of years ago visited with Helen Naering at her place in Cape Rozier.. had some tea with her and she talked about how Scott starved himself to death rather then be a burden at age 100.
    On a personal level, I have a living will, and if I get to the stage of going into a nursing care facility to rot, will make arrangements to allow myself to die free rather than letting someone else wipe my ass.

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah, yes... eugenics... the beloved pet child of Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood. The feminazis still honor that woman to this very day, even though she was a big fan of Hitler.

I guess trying to kill entire races of people, the handicapped and the infirmed is OK for the radical pro-aborts.

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Now, of course you know ALL about the Bush family and Hitler.....right?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1312540,00.html

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's a surprise... a liberal takes a thread that has nothing to do with Bush, then hijacks and derails it because I said something he didn't like, while completely ignoring the facts I stated...

Nope... never seen that before... :rolleyes:

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

hey dog,

you brought up support of Hitler, I just wanted to let you know who else gave the tyrant some support. Whats wrong...are you afraid someone will pick up one of those stones and throw it at that beautiful new home of yours? If so, you shouldn't have built it out of glass....'cause that $h!t BREAKS!

Honestly....

Translation of above back and forth....

QuiGon: "Since when did you get a hold of the memo on how to twist subject matter to inject facts into an arguement in which they have no place....WHO TOLD YOU HOW TO DO THIS STUFF !!!!!????"

(pause....)

Holy Diver: YOU ALLRIGHT!...I learned it by watching you....(single tear falls down his cheek)

(end scene)

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right. I brought up Hitler and Margaret Sanger because they were big supporters of eugenics, which is the subject of the thread. Duh.

Then, in typical liberal fashion in this forum, you hijacked and derailed a thread by bringing up George Bush.

It's what most of you loony libbies do all the time here. Don't throw a hissy fit at me just for pointing it out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Okay...cool

Never type "Clinton did___________" again if you feel like that.

There are a bunch of dudes with slingshots at the quarry, and rumor has it that they are getting on their dirtbikes and heading to your glass house.

getcha duct tape on

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No offense, but now you're just showing how stupid you are. No offense.

If Bill Clinton is relevant to the subject of the thread, I will feel free to bring him up whenever I feel like. But here, this is no relevance linking George Bush to eugenics.

Why am I not surprised you aren't smart enough to realize the difference..?

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

IRAAAAQ!

:D

Feel better fellas?

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

You're getting sleepy....

[​IMG]

:D

12. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I love our government... we should bomb the bejeepers out of ALL Amerikan enemies... I love our president... he is so smart... Global warming is really happening... I love our freedom... at least we are free... FREE... let freedom ring... I'm proud to be an Amerikan... I know we are FREE... FREEDOM RINGS... FREE... I love our police forces... they are there to protect us... I love everyone but Iraqeez...

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

[​IMG]

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What the hell does Hitler have to do with eugenics?....
    Oh...wait....never mind.

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Technically speaking, you're an advocate of Eugenics if you don't think brothers and sisters should have children together. So I guess we're all 'Hitlers' to some extent.

Sure Sanger did think that it was in everyone's best interests for races to not mix; but this was in the late 1800's. The idea that purebred people were better in the same way of purebred horses and dogs was the scientific consensus at the time. She never advocated for laws on the subject. Getting info out was her passion, not imposing her will on others. She wasn't even much of a figure in the abortion debate, having died 6 years before Roe v Wade. Mostly she pushed condoms. She did that I suppose because even the pathetically ineffective crap they had back in 1890 (think Wax paper tied off with a piece of twine) was better than 18 pregnancies in one lifetime, which is exactly what her mother endured to keep the Catholic Church happy.

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gotta say I don't agree with that definition of the word... :confused:
    Actually it was in the 1930's to 1950's, but why let facts get in the way..?
    Are you being serious here..? Please tell me you're not. She either founded or joined multiple advocacy groups, aimed at passing laws to her liking.
    No, she just started a group with the goal of performing as many abortions on such people as possible.
    In 1890, Sanger was 11... so she probably wasn't commenting about condoms all that much...

No offense, but you don't seem to have the first clue what you are talking about. You should do some more research before further opining.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I challenge anyone to do there own research. Sanger's life is very well-documented. Decide for yourself if she was trying to create a master race or if she was trying to ease suffering through education.

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Thats Not A Rubber Women--Thats Not A Rubber Women--Thats Not A Rubber Women
    Thats Not A Rubber Women--I love You--Kiss Me--Thats Not A Rubber Women--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

19. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

wonderful!