Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ethnic cleansing

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, May 20, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

It seems to me that there was not a lot of thinking or planning of how this country should be put back on its feet after its "liberation" from the evil dictator Saddam. We shoud have known the potential of divisions after liberation and the difficulty of developing a strong, centralized gov't. I always have to wonder if we had just left things alone, concentrated on Afghanistan and Bin Laden and collaterally done a lot of relief effort in Darfur, Ethiopia and other countries we may have been viewed differently in this world.

3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Was the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia the legacy of the Dems?

Why do you waste so much time placing blame for something horrible where it doesnt belong? Why cant you simply place blame where it should belong, on the people actually committing these atrocities? One would think if the whole world actually did that then those people would actually be accountable.

Perhaps THAT is why the suffering continues to this day in Sudan, Rwanda and other parts of the world?

4. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

How did we precipitate ethnic cleansing in Bosnia? We precipitated it in Iraq by overthrowing Saddam (on quetionnable grounds) and by not putting enough troops in Iraq. 130,000 troops cannot be expected to bring order to a region the size of Iraq. It's absurd. (That said, I would favor a U.S. withdrawal and a multi-national force, headed by the UN in its place.)

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

I think you finally figured it out, Harry...yea must be about Ann Coulter!!!

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

PATTERS SAID IT COULD BE THE LEGACY OF THE NEO CONS, ANNIE IS A "NEO CON" ISN'T SHE?

8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The UN has done a phenominal job keeping the peace when it comes to ethnic cleansing or tribal warfare.

Sincerely,
    Slobodan Milosivic, Somali warlords, the Hutu tribespeople of Rwanda and the Sudanese Rebels.

9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

When I was posting alot here...I tried at least 5 times to get discussions going about ethnic cleansing in Africa and all th attrocities going on over there....

NOT 1 LIBERAL cared enough to post...several righties, but for the most part only the 2 moderates here at the time JSP and myself cared.

Now, I see this thread and it makes me want to puke...I guess a discussion is only relevant if there is a political party to blame. Human suffering around the world is irrelevant to many lefties if there is no conservatives to blame.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't know if that's true, but I'll take your word for it.
    Myself, I'll start caring about human misery around the world just as soon as we even begin to address it here at home.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

lol, If white christians from Indiana were doing the cleansing you would have been swamped with posts.

It's the same with Saddam, he's a f-cking monster but you will seldom hear a liberal bad mouth him because he is an enemy of GW Bush, Saddam cuts human beings tongues out and makes little kids watch, who do the American liberals go after "THE AMERICAN SOLDIER WITH THE DOG LEASH"

12. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think the media plays a large role in this. George Clooney goes to Darfar and it becomes emphasized. Before we attacked Iraq, I don't believe we had too many Republicans outraged by what Saddam was doing against his people. Personally, I think we could be doing more for third world countries, and as soon as I say that, there will be a number of posts here saying its none of our business.

13. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Screw the Kurds, is that correct Patters? Wait, was it not Saddam who was systamatically killing them. Now what did you say ethnic cleansing?

14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I'm with you on that...perhaps there is more going on than we know. The media could play it up and maybe there would be more support. Similar to when someone's house burns down or ges their wheelchair stolen.

Sidenote...much readership is down in the media...perhaps a fresh approach with some optimism thrown in old reclaim 1/2 of what they lost.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/saddam/kurds/cron.html

If after reading that you still think the U.S. toppled Saddam to help the Kurds, then you are living in a dreamworld. The Kurds are simply pawns that have been exploited for decades by the west, the Iranians, and the Iraqis. The Kurds may be due for a few relatively good years, but it will end the moment the Kurds in Turkey and Iran start making demands. The west's dealings with the Middle East, Africa, and South America have been corrupt, opportunistic, and brutal. The west is the cause of all the problems in the Middle East, and Bush's strategy is simply a continuation of western aggression.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Let Russia, France, Germany, Japan, China, and Iceland take care of the Third World Country's

LET KOFFI ANNAN AND HIS TRIBE OF THIEVES TAKE CARE OF THE THIRD WORLD COUNTRYS.

IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS

17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's none of our business...:rolleyes:

IMO, we would do the world a greater service by treating all countries fairly and equally in matters of diplomacy and trade as well as conducting ourselves (including corporations based here) with the highest manner of respect for the local societies. The rest will follow naturally. Right now, we have set a very poor example by participating in partisanship and outright favoritism, which to many, appear to be contradictory and illogical.