PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Estimated time of Patriots' 24th pick is 3:30 on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the info
I can enjoy the day and get ready to watch it around 3pm

With us having two #1s I wouldn't be planning much around that time, we could easily end up moving up a fair distance.

With us having two #1s I wouldn't be planning much around that time, we could easily end up moving up a fair distance.

According to the Draft Chart that I look at, #24 and 28 combined are worth 1,400 points, which would move us up to #8 without a trade. Whom do you see being available at that point that the Patriots would also be willing to spend top ten money for? What sort of trade plus #24 or 28 would you see moving us up higher? I don't see us giving up on Asante and moving up to the Skins' pick, otherwise I might agree with you if by some miracle Calvin Johnson was still available. We've already bet on Maroney, so I don't see us moving up for Peterson. LaRon Landry? Maybe. Maybe, but I just don't see us paying top ten money there and the Falcons need help in the defensive backfield. But who else would we trade to move higher up that wouldn't diminish what we've already put together? I think the Piolichick will use the picks they have and, if they trade, that they would be more likely to trade down than up.

Last edited:
Atlanta already has multiple picks in the 2nd & 4th rounds, so they'd be more inclined to trade up rather than down.

Atlanta already has multiple picks in the 2nd & 4th rounds, so they'd be more inclined to trade up rather than down.

good point. plus, they could use Landry, who should still be available.

According to the Draft Chart that I look at, #24 and 28 combined are worth 1,400 points, which would move us up to #8 without a trade. Whom do you see being available at that point that the Patriots would also be willing to spend top ten money for? What sort of trade plus #24 or 28 would you see moving us up higher? I don't see us giving up on Asante and moving up to the Skins' pick, otherwise I might agree with you if by some miracle Calvin Johnson was still available. We've already bet on Maroney, so I don't see us moving up for Peterson. LaRon Landry? Maybe. Maybe, but I just don't see us paying top ten money there and the Falcons need help in the defensive backfield. But who else would we trade to move higher up that wouldn't diminish what we've already put together? I think the Piolichick will use the picks they have and, if they trade, that they would be more likely to trade down than up.
I have no idea but we can obviously move up. Whether it's way up or two #1s for a higher #1 and a #2, whatever, the point is that I wouldn't plan my day around 3 - 4 eastern and feel safe.

I agree with this. we COULD trade up to #8, but I think there's just no way. I'd rather not. Seems best to me for the Pats to stick where they are, and possibly trade back and pick up a 2nd rounder, maybe trade some other picks for better ones in 2008.

I agree with this. we COULD trade up to #8, but I think there's just no way. I'd rather not. Seems best to me for the Pats to stick where they are, and possibly trade back and pick up a 2nd rounder, maybe trade some other picks for better ones in 2008.

That makes sense to me.

3:30? That means each team will select in 9-10 minutes? I am thinking more like 5:30.

I have to work but we have TVs in my office and most of the people that work with me are NFL addicts as well so you can bet we'll be tuned in.

I have no idea but we can obviously move up. Whether it's way up or two #1s for a higher #1 and a #2, whatever, the point is that I wouldn't plan my day around 3 - 4 eastern and feel safe.

got it. just wanted to know if you knew something i didn't. anyway, i think it's more likely they trade at least one down and out of the first round rather than up.

Both ESPN and NFL Network have 8 hours of coverage.

Did anyone compare the broadcasts last year? Which one is better?

I have two TVs in my living room so I'll probably keep an eye on both anyway but I'm wondering what others with a choice are planning to watch.

Both ESPN and NFL Network have 8 hours of coverage.

Did anyone compare the broadcasts last year? Which one is better?

I.

At the draft, they had two large screens, one broadcasting
the NFLN feed and the other the ESPN feed and they gave out radios so you listen to either one by changing the stations. I preferred the NFLN mainly b/c I can't stand soem of the ESPN talking heads......

The first round usually ends just before 5, so 3:30-3:45 seems like a reasonable time for the Pats to pick at #24.

Back in '04, we picked at #21, and Big Vince's name was called at about 3:20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back