PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Essay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
'Some people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.'

Does this old saying apply to Adam Vinatieri, the New England Patriots front office, both or neither?

Discuss.

I'd say the first part applies to the front office and the second to Vinatieri.

BB and Pioli certainly know the price tag that he carried, and they recognized that it wasn't worth it despite how great of an asset he's been. Vinatieri didn't know the value of taking (a little) less money to play for a truly great team that gave him the fame he has.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying he owes the Pats anything, just that he only saw sheer dollar amounts and not his teammates, his coaches and his chances at respect and success.

Just my $0.02

So far we know only one side of the story - pats didnt pay . so its tough to let adam off the hook and blame the pats for this.i would say both.but what parcells said few weeks back comes to mind .basically he said if adam is smart , he will stay in new england.he will be the next bird,orr,yaz.
If That really doesnt matter to the player then not much we fans can do.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
'Some people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.'

Does this old saying apply to Adam Vinatieri, the New England Patriots front office, both or neither?

Discuss.
The players know that the price IS everything - and they are right !! !! !!

Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli know that the value of the player IS everthing - and guess what ? Three superbowls says that they are RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT !! !! !!

Price does not equate to value. Price makes the player rich(er). A proper combination of value wins Super Bowls !!

arrellbee said:
The players know that the price IS everything - and they are right !! !! !!

Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli know that the value of the player IS everthing - and guess what ? Three superbowls says that they are RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT !! !! !!

Price does not equate to value. Price makes the player rich(er). A proper combination of value wins Super Bowls !!

Exactly. That's one of the special things about Belichick, is that he doesn't just use high price tags to win the super bowl, but he finds players with great value and uses them as a team to make success. As far as I'm concerned that's pretty much the definition of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back