PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPY Awards: Pats with 4 nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
There was a nomination show on ESPN2. An award that really means nothing considering the station it comes from but still relevant and something to talk about during this off-season I suppose.

Best Male Athlete
Tom Brady

Best Record-Breaking Performance
Tom Brady & Randy Moss

Best NFL Player
Tom Brady
Randy Moss

There was a nomination show on ESPN2. An award that really means nothing considering the station it comes from but still relevant and something to talk about during this off-season I suppose.

Best Male Athlete
Tom Brady

Best Record-Breaking Performance
Tom Brady & Randy Moss

Best NFL Player
Tom Brady
Randy Moss
i hope none of the pats players attend

It's a pretty prestigious event, Justin Timberlake is hosting.

And when I think sports I think NSync.

ESPN can go to HELL!! :snob:
I too hope that no Patriot attends that garbage.

The Boycott continues.

I hope we win all three awards and leave the awards on their F*#^ing stage.

Last edited:
Oh I wouldn't watch those if I were you, there are going to be ALOT of giants awards going out that night.

Seriously who cares about the espys? I mean what determines the winner, fan voting? Sports writers? The whole show is just an excuse to sell ads and show some over edited high light reels.

Beyond that, boiling the achievement of winning a championship or breaking a record down to a 30 second collection of clips and voice over totally cheapens the accomplishment. It took Brady and Moss so much work to be able to break that record, not just during game time, but all the preparation. Its not fair to the Giants to reduce all the work they put in to a shot of Brady getting sacked, the miracle head catch, and Plaxico in the end zone. Greatness is anything but easy to achieve, and to make it seem so commonplace and cheap is the complete opposite of showing appreciation for the accomplishments of the athletes they are trying to honor.

I think the funniest part about the espys is how they usually do a bit about how we need to help in the fight against poverty, or AIDS in Africa, or something to that effect, when if the hundreds of pro athletes pooled together a little bit of their respective mountains of cash they could put an end to such problems in no time. Of course nothing is said about this except when they point out how someone like Dikembe Mutombo has spent so much time and money doing amazing things to help people, which is great but it should be what we expect of people who are lucky enough to lead such privileged lives.

Instead we get a shot of Lebron wiping away a tear after the moving story segment, and then the host yelling out "After the break, the award for best "in yo face!" slam dunk!" followed by a commercial for mountain dew.

Seriously who cares about the espys? I mean what determines the winner, fan voting? Sports writers? The whole show is just an excuse to sell ads and show some over edited high light reels.

Beyond that, boiling the achievement of winning a championship or breaking a record down to a 30 second collection of clips and voice over totally cheapens the accomplishment. It took Brady and Moss so much work to be able to break that record, not just during game time, but all the preparation. Its not fair to the Giants to reduce all the work they put in to a shot of Brady getting sacked, the miracle head catch, and Plaxico in the end zone. Greatness is anything but easy to achieve, and to make it seem so commonplace and cheap is the complete opposite of showing appreciation for the accomplishments of the athletes they are trying to honor.

I think the funniest part about the espys is how they usually do a bit about how we need to help in the fight against poverty, or AIDS in Africa, or something to that effect, when if the hundreds of pro athletes pooled together a little bit of their respective mountains of cash they could put an end to such problems in no time. Of course nothing is said about this except when they point out how someone like Dikembe Mutombo has spent so much time and money doing amazing things to help people, which is great but it should be what we expect of people who are lucky enough to lead such privileged lives.

Instead we get a shot of Lebron wiping away a tear after the moving story segment, and then the host yelling out "After the break, the award for best "in yo face!" slam dunk!" followed by a commercial for mountain dew.

Sadly, it seems everything in this country is "about the show". Whether it's sports, politics or freakn' dancing, there's a show about it!

I can't believe the Super Bowl is probably going to win the "Game of the year" award. As hard as it is to believe, I'm seriously not being bitter. I'd give the game to the Super Bowl if there was an award for "Greatest Final 5 Minutes Of A Game Award"

i hate espn and have always felt that the espy awards were by far the biggest waste of time the network airs. what really did it for me was the next day dan patrick spending most of his show talking about the show. the BS they did about the pats after SB 36 on their trash mag was what got me hating on espn. the pats had just beat the rams in the super bowl making it one of the biggest upstets in the history of sports, not just the nfl. the next issue that comes out has a nascar driver on the cover, and in the corner said "super patriots." i was still living with my parnets at the time andmy mother almost disowned me because of the nasty things I said about the mag when I saw the cover. I also am hoping that none of the pats players show up. f--- the f------ a-------

I would love the pats to win alot of awards, but I will not vote anything to do with this.. Back in 2002 they were up for alot of awards, and thought it was cool, they won one, same in 03 and in 04.. Done with it.. But then again, Ive been done with espn for a while,which is why im not voting..

I would love the pats to win alot of awards, but I will not vote anything to do with this.. Back in 2002 they were up for alot of awards, and thought it was cool, they won one, same in 03 and in 04.. Done with it.. But then again, Ive been done with espn for a while,which is why im not voting..

We all have been done with ESPN for a while....journalists.....yeah right....

:eek::eek:

Really...who cares...even a few years ago, I thought they were silly...one of the worst awards shows...in fact it should be voted that...

The only thing good that came out of the ESPYs for me is getting to see Bill showing off those rings like a true pimp.:D

1121351659_4116.jpg

Only 4 from ESPN? I wonder how many they'll get from ESPN8 - the Patriots MisInformation Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back