Welcome to PatsFans.com

espnW

Discussion in 'The Ladies Lounge' started by jmt57, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

FYI, the world wide leader has launced a new website - well, technically it is part of their main site, but you get the idea - espnW.

Here's a column on the subject:

A shot of ESPN estrogen - Farther Off the Wall
  2. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't get it.
    ESPN has always had women's sports on it.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

I don't "get it," either.

From a woman's POV (well, from this woman's POV, anyhow) it seems like a waste.

"For Women" sites of any kind always make me think that there's some kind of mindset which thinks that women don't quite understand what's going on and this new site is going to patiently explain it.

Either that or they think that women are not interested in the same kind of sports/poetry/books/real estate/whatever and need some special help in finding what it is they are interested in. (As if they are not capable of googling or otherwise finding it themselves.)

I haven't done more than glance at the site so I don't really know what it's filled with - I honestly have no desire to do so, either. If I want to read about sports I'll got to NFL.Com, YahooSports or regular ESPN, just like I always do.

Weird the way they keep coming up with things just for "women," as if we are separate - but equal, of course.

Of course.