PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Rob "Packer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think he picked on a kid that really doesn't deserves it who also happens to be one of the darlings of the NFL. Not a good idea.

Amen.

Lost in all this is the actual quote from Robert Griffin III that spurred Parker's idiocy:

"For me, you don't ever want to be defined by the color of your skin. You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person you are, your character, your personality," he said. "I am an African-American in America. But I don't have to be defined by that."

Here is the full version in an article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...griffin-iii-washington-redskins-race/1765701/

I guess Rob Parker feels the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King weren't "black enough".

Last edited:
Parker said what he meant and he meant what he said. He didn't simply bumble some attempt to create some trumped up controversy for the show. He is is exposing his true nature IMO.

Last edited:
Parker said what he meant and he meant what he said. He didn't simply bumble some attempt to create some trumped up controversy for the show. He is is exposing his true nature IMO.

Fully agree.

Smith and Bayless are playing parts and vamping it up. They are like WWE wrestlers.

Parker is an idiot who actually believes what he is saying. He is innocent in his stupidity.

Last edited:
Bayless is stupid is in own self "What do you think about the braid?" WTF kinda question is this ? And parker

Rob Parker ‏@RobParkerESPN
“@RobertALoblaw: @RobParkerESPN Good luck in your next line of work!” Typical silly response. Watch me on First Take tomorrow and Sat.#pleze

Parker, Bayless, ESPN and "First Take" receive a well-deserved trip to the woodshed from Chad Finn in this morning's Globe. Wow...

Dude is so stupid. Honestly.

hope he gets fired... he was a idiot and always has a anit patriots agenda... espn could find some other stooge to do what he does...

hope he gets fired... he was a idiot and always has a anit patriots agenda... espn could find some other stooge to do what he does...

Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com has this:

ESPN released a statement saying Parker's comments were "inappropriate," and the network is "evaluating" what to do next. Don't expect to see Parker on ESPN again anytime soon, perhaps ever.

Consider the source.

This the same guy who claims Robert Griffin III is an Uncle Tom.

Unreal!!!

you know things have gone bad when stephen a smith is the voice of reason

"For me, you don't ever want to be defined by the color of your skin. You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person you are, your character, your personality," he said. "I am an African-American in America. But I don't have to be defined by that."

That bastard! HOW DARE HE SPEAK IN TERMS BEYOND SKIN COLOR???

That bastard! HOW DARE HE SPEAK IN TERMS BEYOND SKIN COLOR???

Most of us live in the year 2012, Rob Parker doesn't.

It's a vast and complex world out there. Putting people in boxes and categorizing them makes it easier for Mr. Parker to understand.

That's basically what racism is. Crib notes for the addle-minded.

Last edited:
Seriously, why even give this guy the time of the day? What he said was ignorant and racist. Let him fade into obscurity now that he committed career suicide.

I can't believe they spent like four hours of this on D&C this morning (ok, I listened only to a few minutes pre and post Mike Lombardi interview so I am just guessing) especially since Dennis has been suspended for his own racist remarks in the past.

Talking about this moron only gives him more publicity to allow some other media organization to pick him up if ESPN dumps him.

Last edited:
Its embarassing as a black man to see these things happen.

You have a good guy with the right mindframe and attitude for life. He's an astute fellow with all of the right characteristics that you can ask of anyone to be and yet he gets "criticized" of the authenticity of his "blackness"?

A stupid made-up word or association that this idoit has casted upon the world in an attempt to make his point. This is very ignorant. He criticized the guy for "supposedly" being republican and for having a "white" fiance... basically calling him soft, uncle Tom-ish and not good enough in his eye to measure up to being the "typical" black man these days.

I guess Parker would accept him better if he had tattoos, gold teeth, a few gun charges and spoke with a more fluent arrangment of "slangology". Its sickening to know that there are people like this out there, and on the radio for others to hear. I remember being this guy in school because I actually went to school to learn, not to mess around with as many females as possible. I went to college and still furthering myself as an individual. I've had people from the past laugh at me because I live in a more prestigious area here in Florida saying that I "abandoned" my people. I've also been criticized because my fiance isn't black and I didn't vote for Obama.

So this ticks me off because I understand RG3's take in this. I admire him so much and what he stands for.

Last edited:
Seriously, why even give this guy the time of the day? What he said was ignorant and racist. Let him fade into obscurity now that he committed career suicide.

I can't believe they spent like four hours of this on D&C this morning (ok, I listened only to a few minutes pre and post Mike Lombardi interview so I am just guessing) especially since Dennis has been suspended for his own racist remarks in the past.

Talking about this moron only gives him more publicity to allow some other media organization to pick him up if ESPN dumps him.

Denis and Callahate don't care about sports they just use it as a pretext to cram their nutbag political views down their listeners throats.

Denis and Callahate don't care about sports they just use it as a pretext to cram their nutbag political views down their listeners throats.

lol.....Callahan totally pulled politics into this (unnecessarily) in the 10 minutes i listened on the way in to work

something along the lines of "parker's views are how the liberals look at race" and that "democrats would prefer" if RGIII was "black" and "for the cause"

it is hard to listen to them even for comic relief most times.....they really jumped the shark years ago, but the local sport talk was in commercial, and the NPR segment was boring...lol

Its embarassing as a black man to see these things happen.

You have a good guy with the right mindframe and attitude for life. He's an astute fellow with all of the right characteristics that you can ask of anyone to be and yet he gets "criticized" of the authenticity of his "blackness"?

A stupid made-up word or association that this idoit has casted upon the world in an attempt to make his point. This is very ignorant. He criticized the guy for "supposedly" being republican and for having a "white" fiance... basically calling him soft, uncle Tom-ish and not good enough in his eye to measure up to being the "typical" black man these days.

I guess Parker would accept him better if he had tattoos, gold teeth, a few gun charges and spoke with a more fluent arrangment of "slangology". Its sickening to know that there are people like this out there, and on the radio for others to hear. I remember being this guy in school because I actually went to school to learn, not to mess around with as many females as possible. I went to college and still furthering myself as an individual. I've had people from the past laugh at me because I live in a more prestigious area here in Florida saying that I "abandoned" my people. I've also been criticized because my fiance isn't black and I didn't vote for Obama.

So this ticks me off because I understand RG3's take in this. I admire him so much and what he stands for.

We're not there yet (and we may never get there), but I believe every day the world is getting closer to the ideal that people will be judged by the content of their character versus the color of their skin.

I just cannot understand what any of this has to do with sports. This is what they talk about on a show on an alleged sports network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back