PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Mike Irvin - Haynesworth had other $$$$ suitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's true I don't want to hear a peep out of them during the owners meetings about how much these players are getting paid.

It's scary to think how good the Giants would be with Haynesworth.

I wish sports reports would get away from the total dollar amount when announcing NFL contracts, because that's a meaningless number. Haynesworth is never going to see the last two years of his contract.

Give me a player's signing bonus, his guaranteed amount, and maybe what he will average over the first half of his contract. The total contract amount is useless, other than to massage a player's ego, and for an agent to market himself to other players with big egos.

And instead we get to see him scare the #### out of Eli twice a year. I can hardly wait! If the Skins ever have to start a Big Al salary fund, I'll gladly send a donation! Hell, I might just do it anyway!

Last edited:

Their dline would be the best... but, wouldn't they have to cut a bunch of other players?

I would have to think so...

I wish sports reports would get away from the total dollar amount when announcing NFL contracts, because that's a meaningless number. Haynesworth is never going to see the last two years of his contract.

Give me a player's signing bonus, his guaranteed amount, and maybe what he will average over the first half of his contract. The total contract amount is useless, other than to massage a player's ego, and for an agent to market himself to other players with big egos.

peterking pointed out this this today in the dan patrick show that how these were #s inflated by teams and agents. his salary in the 5th yr is 29million for e.g
unless he is brett favre and can create a larger and overvalued image of himself its basically a 4yr 48 mill dollar deal.the skins have done this crap before.

good point, they might as well have added one more year at 30 mil. The player is NOT going to see that money AND worse yet, it FORCES the team to cut that player when the 'dead money' years come.

And instead we get to see him scare the #### out of Eli twice a year. I can hardly wait! If the Skins ever have to start a Big Al salary fund, I'll gladly send a donation! Hell, I might just do it anyway!

Your signature: I want to marry it.

Last edited:
Demarcus Ware's pretty happy about the Haynesworth deal. Supposedly Haynesworth's deal is where DW's negotiations will start::eek:

Dallas Cowboys' DeMarcus Ware might be joining the $100 million club soon | Dallas Cowboys | Star-Telegram.com
But no matter how you slice the Haynesworth deal, Ware is in line for a big pay day. Not bad for a kid who grew up in Auburn, Ala., but wasn’t considered good enough to go Auburn or Alabama out high school and had to settle for Troy University.

Ware might have been giving gifts on Monday. He will soon be on the receiving end on easily the biggest contract in Cowboys history and possible one of the richest, if not the richest, in NFL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes