Welcome to PatsFans.com

ESPN's John Clayton Mentions Patriots as Possibility for Vick

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ian's Daily Blog - ESPN’s John Clayton released an article Tuesday afternoon and actually had New England listed as one of the teams that Michael Vick may end up with.Clayton says, “If [Bill] Belichick is interested, he’d first have to convince his owner, Robert Kraft. That might be tough.”Or more correctly highly unlikely.* Call me crazy but that would [...]

2. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

After all I've read today it's definitely a slow time in the NFL offseason :rolleyes:
  3. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Wow, Clayton really doesn't get the Patriots.
  4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

I think Clayton was alluding to the Pats' track record with bringing former malcontents into line, a la Dillon and Moss. Vick is a pariah; I can't see him going anywhere but Oakland, and they don't need him.
  5. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Really...why??? Vick wants a ton of money too...something he will NOT find here...damaged goods...NOT here for the money he wants..
  6. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Clayton doesn't much because he's an idiot.
  7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Pat Kirwan on Sirius radio today was discussing Vick and where he might end up at in the league and the Patriots and Cowboys were his choices for most likely landing spots for Vick,He also said Seattle might take a look but not likely. - I respect Kirwan and a bit shocked he put the Pats as the #1 possibility for the dog killer.

Like it or not,Clayton is not alone in thinking the Pats might show interest.
  8. Ian

Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Peter King just Tweeted: "Just got asked, "Who signs Vick?" I said, "All I can do is guess. But I would guess 3 teams: Saints, Raiders, Pats." just a guess."

Seems like they all think this is a possibility?? Do they seriously know something that we don't, or has the collective media world just lost it?
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  9. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Jesus, could you imagine the agony if Brady got hurt again, and we had to watch Vick throw one-hoppers to Moss and Galloway for an entire season?

I think I would rather have Favre here.
  10. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

The media is full of morons today. :rolleyes:
  11. Urgent

Urgent Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Putting aside the character and notoriety, I don't think Vick is a fit at all for the Pats system.

Vick had elite athleticism, but is not noted for progressing through his reads. The athleticism would largely be wasted in the Pats system. His weaknesses would be magnified. His size would be a disadvantage as well.
  12. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I ve heard all this nonsense today and if Mike Vick is on the pats, then the pats will not get any money or support from me anymore..I know its just dogs but its the whole principal..

First off , why is everyone in the media making such a big deal for a guy that was a avg player at best in his time with Atl.. Overated , overhyped and just a joke.. Second, what makes people think Godell is going to let this piece of crap walk thru the door like nothing has happened.. I dont want to hear he paid his dues, he deserves a second chance.. BULL... He needs to sit at least 1 full season , prove he could be a model citizen, and then discuss it again.. Third, do the pats really need him to be a championship team.?? If they do ,then I guess the pats really cheated to win those super bowls,because they didnt win with Mike Vick.. Im so sick of the media propping this so called great athlete up, and that the mighty NFL needs him back so fast that it cant survive without him.. If the pats feel they need him, fine, but I will not support them or the descion again, I feel its a joke that its even being discussed..
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

I wouldn't see Vick playing QB in NE, however as a WR of bakc, think Wildcat. Not a fan of the guy OTOH, he did pay his debt to society. Does he derserve a chnace to earn a living?
  14. N.Eman

N.Eman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I kinda like vic carruci's story about peppers coming to NE. Clayton's story is just a circus news
  15. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They might need a backup quarterback but they could go out and get someone else at a cheaper price than a draft pick and whatever Vick might be asking for...
  16. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm sure Bob Kraft would just love having PETA at every game:bricks:

The Pats don't need the endless BS that will follow Vick no matter where he goes and no matter how well-behaved he is; I don't see him here in a million years,jmho. They're on a mission, they don't want or need the Vick drama, though it would be pretty entertaining to watch BB field the media questions during his pressers:D
  17. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

I've been surprised at how many people are pulling a Randy Moss on this one, but I guess I shouldn't have been.
  18. Ian

Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

I'd have to respectfully disagree Dues. Moss had plenty of talent and while his attitude may have been questionable right around the time they decided to get him, he's never been convicted and sent to jail for several years over something that many feel was certainly an egregious act. Vick's biggest mistake was the fact he didn't come forward and admit any wrong doing until it was too late. I think many might at least look at him differently otherwise.

Do I feel that Vick deserves another chance? Like any other person leaving prison yes. However he should have to pay his dues and earn his way back into the sport. Some other team will sign him, but I don't see New England as being the place to rehabiliate him. I also think this is definitely the wrong market (media-wise) for that and would set him up to fail in terms of restoring his public image.

Not to mention the fact that if Brady ever had a bad game, having to read people posting about putting Vick in "for a few plays" (like Bishop back in the day) would drive me nuts and make me want to shut this place down :cool:
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  19. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +67 / 1 / -0

The reason why I know Vick would never be a Patriot was because I remember one of the Boston sports writers (I think Michael Holley) talk about how when the Pats players scouted him in Atlanta for a game that they all laughed at how he ran the same 4 plays over and over again and how he couldn't read defenses and took off at a second's notice. Doesn't sound anything like a player Belichick would be interested in.
  20. tdw777

tdw777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm appalled
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.