PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Richard Sherman has torn ligaments in his elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect in the passing game, the Patriots will probably split Gronk and Lafell out right and see if Sherman tries to press either of those two with a sprained elbow.

Thomas's injury is much worse. I've separated my shoulder a few times and it's taken about a month or close to it to fully regain my full range of motion. Those seams may not be that hard to attack after all.
I believe Thomas's shoulder was dislocated, not separated.

Sherman's injury seemed a lot more serious when it happened than something that could just be shrugged off and keep playing anywhere near 100%. I'd be surprised to see him using that left arm to bat down passes, tackle, ect but I guess we will find out very early in the game how healthy he is.

Karma for Gronk being injured in the last one.

I swear to God we would've won that game if Gronk was 100%. He was playing better than any TE in league history that year (hence all the records broken). Giants had nobody to cover him.

If you see LaFell lining up in front of Sherman expect a run (laFell is a nasty blocker).

I had the same injury last year - hurt it in late June bench pressing (I heard the damned thing tear - disgusting). I was able to continue playing softball for the season - left elbow, i throw right.

It felt okay and it took me a while to understand the difference. Last year was the first year since 1976 I didn't hit any home runs. sherman will play, no doubt, and he'll look like Sherman, to a degree, but he won't be able to perform to the top of his game.
bench press with a bar or individual dumbells?

I always do with dumbells, you get more amplitude in the movement and it's less injury prone.

Yep, can you say convoy?

Blount with Develin & Gronk ahead of him...right at Sherman. If you play injured in any sport, expect the injury to get targeted.

Gotta get into the secondary first! Wagner is a good tackler. We can do it though! Huzzzaah!

Did anyone watch Sherman via all-22 or just broadcast, how effective was he jamming? Seems to me, after the injury he was kinda backing off a few feet. But not sure how he played before that. I guess for that matter how did Thomas and Sherman both do in all facets uber deeper scrutiny pre and post injury?

I suspect in the passing game, the Patriots will probably split Gronk and Lafell out right and see if Sherman tries to press either of those two with a sprained elbow.

Thomas's injury is much worse. I've separated my shoulder a few times and it's taken about a month or close to it to fully regain my full range of motion. Those seams may not be that hard to attack after all.

If you had HGH you d heal faster

I figured they'd put Sherman on Gronk (dis-informing us until game time). Now, I doubt he will. He should be able to tackle Edelman ....... So, I'm not sure how this affects his play ( would cortisone help)?

They don't put Sherman on anyone, he plays the defensive left side regardless of offensive formation.

They don't "put" Sherman on anyone, he plays the defensive left side regardless of offensive formation.

We should overload his side, leaving the left side empty....

Sherman said yesterday at media day that he wants to go swimming at the hotel . Not sure if this is possible with his injury, but maybe he's playing head games with us.

bench press with a bar or individual dumbells?

I always do with dumbells, you get more amplitude in the movement and it's less injury prone.

Bar. I was just intent on getting back to my old (1981) max. I got there - then, funny thing, I tore my elbow months later on a lift that was about half that weight. It was bizarre.

Looking at clips from the NFCCG, it looks like it is his left elbow. I'd say that begs for plays to the outside. Send Lafell on a Comeback or Out.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a bit of possum being played and they are just trying to bait NE into thinking they have an advantage. I do believe they are hurt but not as much as everyone is leading on, either way I want brady to find it out early in the first series.

They definitely need to test both players with their injuries, but I would have wanted them to test both anyway. I didn't want the Pats coming into this game afraid to throw at Sherman and ignoring his side all game, so I certainly don't want them to do so with the possibility they're not at 100%.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a bit of possum being played and they are just trying to bait NE into thinking they have an advantage. I do believe they are hurt but not as much as everyone is leading on, either way I want brady to find it out early in the first series.

Did you see Sherman's arm hyperextend? They're definitely not playing possum.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that Sherman has been sort of subdued when I have seen him interviewed. I know he made the crack about the Pats not being punished because Kraft & Goodell are buddy/buddy, but when they interviewed him at the Pro Bowl he seemed very quiet, not his usual boisterous, boastful self. Not that I want to see him injured, but if he already is, and really shouldn't be playing, all the better for us.

Did you see Sherman's arm hyperextend? They're definitely not playing possum.
I saw it KD but we have all saw limbs bend different ways and wonder how the player came out of it ok. I am agreeing with your statement that Shermans injury is the real deal but maybe they are trying to
make it seem more dire in hopes that Brady would throw his way more(which we all know he will) and have a chance to pick one off. Im more convinced earl thomas will be limited than sherman.

I saw it KD but we have all saw limbs bend different ways and wonder how the player came out of it ok. I am agreeing with your statement that Shermans injury is the real deal but maybe they are trying to
make it seem more dire in hopes that Brady would throw his way more(which we all know he will) and have a chance to pick one off. Im more convinced earl thomas will be limited than sherman.

I remember one in particular with Tedy Bruschi (can't remember where or when though) where it looked like his knee bent 90 degrees in the opposite way it's supposed to, and he didn't even limp afterwards. It was unbelievable. The difference there was that he clearly dodged a bullet and didn't get hurt. Sherman 100% DID get hurt, so it's about recovery speed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes