PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Clayton Says SD Has Acceptable Offer For Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
SD has received a first round pick (2008) offer for Turner but Clayton doesn't know the team. SD apparently will take the deal unless a better offer pops up before the draft. BTW, I missed the fact that Turner signed his RFA offer sheet Thursday meaning the team he goes to could have him for two years (the second being a Franchised year) even if no new deal can be struck with him.

It has to be a playoff-caliber team. Jets? I doubt the Bills give up a 1st. Broncos or Ravens? Eagles?

One team I think that's a very strong possibility is the Giants.

I won't be crying if Turner goes to an NFC team.

However, I would be very surprised if Turner went to the Giants because they just acquired Droughns and they already have Brandon Jacobs as well.

I could see Turner going to the Eagles and them using a 2 back set with him and Westbrook. This would allow Westbrook to break out in pass patterns more often as well.

It has to be a playoff-caliber team. Jets? I doubt the Bills give up a 1st. Broncos or Ravens? Eagles?

The Jets signed Thomas Jones, and I don't think Turner wants to be a backup anymore. I could be wrong, though.

Oh, right, forgot about Droughns.

I bet it's either Tennessee or Buffalo.

I bet it's either Tennessee or Buffalo.

Tennessee might be interested in Turner, but they have LenDale White who showed promise last year. I'm not sure if they still have Chris Brown or not. I thought he was a UFA. Personally, I think they made a mistake is letting Henry go.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Green Bay.

I say Buffalo...........or the Packers.

Tennessee might be interested in Turner, but they have LenDale White who showed promise last year. I'm not sure if they still have Chris Brown or not. I thought he was a UFA. Personally, I think they made a mistake is letting Henry go.

There was a report that White has ballooned up to a huge weight again this offseason. That can't inspire much confidence in him among the coaching staff. It sounds as if Tennessee has shown the most interest in Turner of any other team.

There's no way SD moves Turner to Denver, unless they get Denver to give away the candy store for him.

There's no way SD moves Turner to Denver, unless they get Denver to give away the candy store for him.

Not only that, Denver just spent big jack to get Travis Henry and also make the trade to get rid of Tatum Bell.

White got fat ..again. So i wouldnt be suprised

i hate this..i rather see Chargers keep Turner than move up and have 2 first rounders like us..they have similar needs: LB/Safety and they might take a player we really wanted

White got fat ..again. So i wouldnt be suprised

i hate this..i rather see Chargers keep Turner than move up and have 2 first rounders like us..they have similar needs: LB/Safety and they might take a player we really wanted

Apparently the first rounder wouldn't be until next year.

SD has received a first round pick (2008) offer for Turner but Clayton doesn't know the team. SD apparently will take the deal unless a better offer pops up before the draft. BTW, I missed the fact that Turner signed his RFA offer sheet Thursday meaning the team he goes to could have him for two years (the second being a Franchised year) even if no new deal can be struck with him.

It could be the Pats, I hear they have an extra pick and could use a bigger RB...

a strong report via fflwire is that it's GB
we'll see if sd gets a better offer on saturday (or tonight) before pulling the trigger on that deal.

i'll be happy with having 2 1st rounders in 08 even if it means having to draft a replacement for turner in this draft.

i can't wait to see how great turner is wherever he goes, he's going to be special.

For crissake will people stop giving SD 1st rounders?!!!!

On a related note, is the Eli Manning trade by SD the best trade of the 21st century?

Last edited:
a strong report via fflwire is that it's GB
we'll see if sd gets a better offer on saturday (or tonight) before pulling the trigger on that deal.

i'll be happy with having 2 1st rounders in 08 even if it means having to draft a replacement for turner in this draft.

i can't wait to see how great turner is wherever he goes, he's going to be special.

If Green Bay gets Turner and Randy Moss (1st and a 3rd), say what you want but they have really improved their team.

If Green Bay gets Turner and Randy Moss (1st and a 3rd), say what you want but they have really improved their team.

They still have Favre... so no, they haven't. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes