PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's awkward moment with A.J. McCarron's girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in the same building for years as Phil McConkey (essentially the Julian Edelman of the Giants). Even he had a gorgeous girlfriend. It comes with the territory, if the guys so choose.

Hey, if that's what you want:

brent-musburger.jpg

All of a sudden I understand how awkward the comments were.....

First in with Eli pic!

usp-nfl_-new-york-giants-at-cincinnati-bengals-4_3_r560.jpg

I (she) used the qualifier tend for a reason..... ;)

A pic of Big brother would be an even bigger exception to the rule :D

I heard Brent Mention it and thought nothing of it. It wasn't a three minute long discussion whoever described it as such.

But I'll say here, she is smokin and well worth a comment.:cool:

How in the world is that not appropriate? It's a man gushing over how hot a woman over 18 is.

It is not appropriate because it isn't a couple of guys sitting on the couch saying holy **** she is hot. It is a sports caster talking to millions of people, men, women, and children, and going on and on about just how hot she is. I don't care about how old he is or how young she is, he just went beyond what is professional. It didn't offend me, it did, however make me chuckle when he did it.

Wow. An apology from ESPN.

ESPN apologizes for Brent Musburger’s comments about Katherine Webb

“We always try to capture interesting storylines and the relationship between an Auburn grad who is Miss Alabama and the current Alabama quarterback certainly met that test. However, we apologize that the commentary in this instance went too far and Brent understands that.”

Nice of the Post to include photos and video with its article ...

Last edited:
Wow. An apology from ESPN.

ESPN apologizes for Brent Musburger’s comments about Katherine Webb

Nice of the Post to include photos and video with its article ...

I partially blame the ESPN producers of the game in the truck. It was almost like they were egging 'ole Brent and Herbs on to make comments. With that said, they both could have been a bit more restrained...

I remember when ND played OSU in a bowl and at the time they kept panning over to AJ Hawks girlfriend- who was also Brady Quinn's sister who was wearing a split football jersey and it's wasn't totally because of the storyline- it was because she was incredibly attractive.

Last edited:
I guess Deus Irae will now ask ESPN to retract their apology because he did not find anything wrong with what happened yesterday :rofl:

Companies apologize for a lot of things. A company apology is worthless. The company's actions are what matter. Did the Rob Parker incident teach you nothing?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out a Miss Alabama title holder is a beautiful woman. Frankly, I'm a lot more worried about those who do have a problem with this than I am about those who don't. There's proper, and then there's way too uptight.

Last edited:
Did the Rob Parker incident teach you nothing?

I agree with this part, If ESPN really meant what they said about Parker then they should fire Bayless and Sthephen A smith and burn the whole set of FIRST TAKE to the ground. That show is a disgrace.

Whoop-de-freaking-do. Guys on a football board discussing a college quarterback's beauty contest girlfriend.

Talk about an exercise in futility. Bunch a' lewsers. :bricks:

I agree with this part, If ESPN really meant what they said about Parker then they should fire Bayless and Sthephen A smith and burn the whole set of FIRST TAKE to the ground. That show is a disgrace.

They fired Parker after suspending him. I'll leave the "why" to you, but the point is that, after first playing games with the suspension, they decided to get rid of him.

A man says a woman is beautiful; why the big commotion and need for apology? Such a politically correct society we live in. I think the funniest thing for me was I was watching the game with my wife in the room and when they kept showing McCarron's girlfriend my wife said to me "she's not that good looking".

McCarron is punching well above his weight, well done sir.

A man says a woman is beautiful; why the big commotion and need for apology? Such a politically correct society we live in. I think the funniest thing for me was I was watching the game with my wife in the room and when they kept showing McCarron's girlfriend my wife said to me "she's not that good looking".

She's very good looking. But she also doesn't look anything like a 23-year-old, or at least the 23-year-olds I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back