PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's awkward moment with A.J. McCarron's girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron's play in the BCS Championship game might be overshadowed by his model girlfriend, Katherine Webb, who ESPN cameras spotted early Monday night sitting next to McCarron's mother, Dee Dee Bonner.
ESPN commentator Brent Musburger had an awkward moment when commenting on Webb during the live broadcast.
"You see that lovely lady there, she does go to Auburn, but she's also Miss Alabama and that's A.J. McCarron's girlfriend," he said.
"You quarterbacks, you get all the good looking women. What a beautiful woman. Wow."
Kirk Herbstreit then chimed in and said, "A.J.'s doing some things right."
The tweets that followed Musburger told the story:
Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray @aaronmurray11: "Aj McCarrons girlfriend needs to become a Dawg fan #dawgsontop"
Donte Stallworth @DonteStallworth: "And now 'AJ McCarrons' is trending number one right now...not because of his play but because of his ol lady.... And Brent Musburger"
@richarddeitsch: The age difference between Brent Musburger (ESPN announcer) and Katherine Webb (AJ McCarron's girlfreind) is 50.
Steve Politi â?@StevePoliti: "Brent Musberger: Making college women uncomfortable since 1978."
ESPN's awkward moment with A.J. McCarron's girlfriend (VIDEO) | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

For people like me who had never heard of her or seen her

katherine-webb-aj-mccarron-girlfriend-5.jpg

katherine-webb-aj-mccarron-girlfriend-3.jpg

Last edited:
don't really see what was awkward about it, actually I thought the candor was refreshing. "She's hot, play football" seems like a pretty honest assessment.

don't really see what was awkward about it, actually I thought the candor was refreshing. "She's hot, play football" seems like a pretty honest assessment.

The fact that Musburgers about 70 years old and she's only 20 is a little disturbing.

Wow an old man called a beautiful woman beautiful. How shameful.

Breaking News: In 2013 old men like young women and they refuse to act like impotent old geezers.

Breaking News: In 2013 young women screw old men, most times for their money and because they don't have long to live. It's sleazy, despicable and yet it can't be stopped.

Wait...how's this any different from the past 2000+ years of known human history?

The fact that Musburgers about 70 years old and she's only 20 is a little disturbing.

At what age is a man not supposed to notice that Miss Alabama is an attractive woman?

Breaking News: In 2013 old men like young women and they refuse to act like impotent old geezers.

Breaking News: In 2013 young women screw old men, most times for their money and because they don't have long to live. It's sleazy, despicable and yet it can't be stopped.

Wait...how's this any different from the past 2000+ years of known human history?

Exactly.

Jeebus, folks, spare us the shock and disbelief. Has anyone looked at the owner's suite at Gillette lately?

Last edited:
BTW...if there are any stray , under 30 super models hanging around the board tonight...I'm available

BTW...if there are any stray , under 30 super models hanging around the board tonight...I'm available

Send me a screenshot of your bank account balances.

In before lame "She might be Miss Alabama, but she's the only Ten-I-See!! hyuk-hyuk" jokes start.

Never made it with a ten before but one night I made it with five twos and I think that aught to count for something.

Never made it with a ten before but one night I made it with five twos and I think that aught to count for something.

not if you mean five "two baggers"...

Moral of the story, signbabybrady? Get rich!

At what age is a man not supposed to notice that Miss Alabama is an attractive woman?

Bingo!
I fell for the media again. I first saw the headline on Yahoo and as I clicked the link thought "oh this should be good....what did he say?". Here is the result: A totally trumped up and non story. Something made up to fill the news page below the important goings on of a Kardashian, the likeness of ************ in a cheese puff along with a snippet about 5,000 nondescript people killed on a continent most people cannot identify on a map. But I'll say this (unintended by the story), the light commentary by Musburger was entertaining and refreshing (as another poster said).

Side bar comment from Mrs Straggler: Miss Alabama is so visually pleasing that she wants to know if the age restriction applies to 40 year old females.

Side bar comment from Mrs Straggler: Miss Alabama is so visually pleasing that she wants to know if the age restriction applies to 40 year old females.
It's always age differential based.

The pool of hot woman increase as you get older because you set the age limit to your age +maybe 5 years to anything younger. Though there's a certain point where you can't really tell the difference from a HS-minor to a college age eligible...can get kinda creepy.

I card 25.....

It's always age differential based.

The pool of hot woman increase as you get older because you set the age limit to your age +maybe 5 years to anything younger. Though there's a certain point where you can't really tell the difference from a HS-minor to a college age eligible...can get kinda creepy.

Good explanation......but I think you mistook Mrs Straggler's comment (or I worded it poorly). I mentioned to her about the "awkard" story because Musburger is old, Miss Alabama is young and beautiful, and he stated so on TV. I also mentioned the spot on point of 'at what age should a man stop finding Miss Alabama attractive?'. So she looked at the pics, said "wow" - thought she was seriously visually pleasing, then made the sarcastic joke that any age restricition for looking at Miss Alabama placed on a male shouldn't also apply to her as a female. I thought it was a post worthy entertaining comment but I think my delivery ruined it....

But, being past 40 myself, you are correct that the pool of eye candy has definitely increased. It ain't all bad getting older... :D

It's like my momma used to say: "It's okay to read the menu as long as you eat at home." :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes