PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPNews: NFL Owners APPROVE new 6-year CBA! Update: Vote 30-2 (Buffalo and Cinci)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now we're talking!

Last edited:
Update: 6-year extension of CBA...within last 10 minutes...free agency still set to begin at 12:01 tonight.

Vote 30-2...according to Mortensen - Buffalo and Cinci voted it down

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Update: 6-year extension of CBA...within last 10 minutes...free agency still set to begin at 12:01 tonight.

Vote 32-2...according to Mortensen - Buffalo and Cinci voted it down

That last line is probably good news for Pats fans. Two teams who wanted the kind of handouts that Kraft was against giving were unhappy with the deal.

AWESOME
FRICKIN GREAT NEWS

how come buff and cincy were the two to say no

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

NFL | Owners approve new labor deal
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:41:25 -0800

ESPNews reports NFL owners have approved the NFLPA's offer for a new collective bargaining agreement. The extension will last six years and take the league through the 2012 season. It is unknown what the salary cap will be for the 2006 season, but it will be higher than the previously reported $94.5 million.

do teams still have until 11 to get under the new cap, whatever it is? Maybe that is mute because most of the team are within 10mil of the old $94 mil cap anyway.

Cap this year to be 104 per ESPN News

PATSNUTme said:
do teams still have until 11 to get under the new cap, whatever it is? Maybe that is mute because most of the team are within 10mil of the old $94 mil cap anyway.

They just announced the new cap of about $104 million.

I guess they still do have until 11.

I will be the first to ask......If my math is right this puts the Pats 14 million under the cap before they cut anyone else. Does this mean they bump up the offer to Adam?

About F'n time is all I can say.

BelichickFan said:
About F'n time is all I can say.

I bet that is what your namesake said too! :D

Bill's Girl said:
I will be the first to ask......If my math is right this puts the Pats 14 million under the cap before they cut anyone else. Does this mean they bump up the offer to Adam?

Who knows what goes through the mind of BB. Givens just got very rich. Neal? Seymour extension? Other FA?

I'm logging out before my head explodes.

"Drama"! Thats what its about. 4th and 11/2 and you punt, so you spot the ball 3" short of a first. "Drama".

Earlier reports said if there was an agreement that FA would be postponed
until Friday.

PATSNUTme said:
Moot.

Sorry, pet peeve.

Well they usually say the devil is in the details so it will be interesting to see what swayed 30 to vote yes with just Brown and Wilson voting against. Hopefully that is an indication that while the union fleeced the owners perhaps the league didn[t fleece our Mr. Kraft.

I do hope they haven't opened pandora's box where the NFLPA is concerned going forward though because if this deal ONLY runs through 2012 it will be time to "reopen" the negotiations in just 4 years. :eek:

patsfan55 said:
AWESOME
FRICKIN GREAT NEWS

how come buff and cincy were the two to say no

I am wondering if in the deal they required ALL teams to sell naming rights to the stadiums...hmm.

Six years sounds like a time for us to pick up 3 more Lombadis.

pats1 said:
Buffalo and Cinci voted it down

You mean the teams that reside in Ralph Wilson Stadium and Paul Brown Stadium are upset that other teams that have sold their stadium naming rights for hundreds of millions to finance the projects won't share more of their revenues?

Imagine that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back