PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN writer on NPR commenting unfavorably on Goodell and Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudyPatFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted. Worth listening to the 3-1/2 minutes or reading the transcript of this commentary by Pablo Torre of ESPN the Magazine. Included: "In terms of sheer humiliation, there has been nothing as dramatic as the backfiring of Goodell's four game suspension of superstar Tom Brady." And "The Patriots have become the single most impressive team in the NFL this season."

'Deflategate' As Seen Through The Prism Of Broadway's 'Hamilton'

Interesting article when you consider the last paragraph. The author acknowledges the greatness of the Pats and bafoonery of roger, yet still doesn't understand the nature of the 2 "scandals".

Last edited:
I was enjoying reading the article until I got to the part where the author mentioned that the Pats had bent or broken the rules for 15 years.

Fail.....

Interesting article when you consider the last paragraph. The author acknowledge the greatness of the Pats and bafoonery of roger, yet still doesn't understand the nature of the 2 "
scandals".

"They've bent and broken rules while winning four Super Bowls in 15 years"
Everything was okay until this line. He has no clue. No proof that they broke any rule(including spygate).
F@ck him!
03e4ab6c6e7cdb0d03acfc496f255f84.jpg

Funny that the punishment that was invented to destroy, embarrass and shame the team has actually led to them being feted even more than before. All but the most ardent bottom-feeding haters have reversed course and see this for the witch hunt that it was.

Granted, most are still happy to see the Pats unjustly punished since it helps drag the Pats down to their level (in theory), but at least they recognize it.

I'm ok to admit that Pats did break a rule with regards to camera placement for spygate. It has nothing to do with spying of course. That's an important distinction that a lot of people don't understand.

It's the same as "The wind is blowing". This is a common sentence people use but if you think about it, it doesn't make sense. Wind is air in motion.

Or water is wet. Water has no quality of wetness.

Last edited:
Compared to the crap we've taken for years, I'll appreciate what I just watched.

The icing on the cake will be hoisting the Lombardi, selling off JG and JB for 4 number ones, using 7th round supplemental picks next draft to grab 2 more QBs....then letting these two newbies elevate their stature by starting them against the NFL Jets while TB12 recharges on the nude beaches of Europe midseason before the '17-'18 playoff run.
It's just too easy.
Let's get some ice cream with that cake

upload_2016-9-30_21-14-41.png

The sweet irony of deflate gate is that it has resulted in people praising Belichick and the team more than ever before due to their performance this season.

It is still a very bitter where Tom Brady is concerned but he'll have his chance to get the last laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back