PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN with more random trade suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was actually about to post this. If this happened, Belichick would be crucified in public. And I would stand there applauding the spear in his side at the end.

In a moment of unthinking stupidity I gave them a page click.
Won't happen again.

I saw his other trade suggestions
suh to bengals
Lesean Mccoy to raiders
WTF..
All these trades are designed to help one team kill the season of the other ...

Chelsea-Handler-Thats-Stupid.gif

how much do these people get paid to make up this BS? What a joke

And who was this GM? Most likely from a team in the running for a top 5 pick year in and year out

Before you scroll down to the comments section and leave the obligatory nasty note, consider that we asked a current NFL general manager if this incendiary, social media-exploding potential deal was plausible.

"Absolutely," he said. "It actually makes too much sense. The players in the Patriots' locker room know that their days are numbered. That's just the way it is in New England.

One of these days something like this will happen. When Belichick thinks there's more value going forward in what he gets vs. what he gives up. I have no idea how far down the road it would be.

If you made it Hopkins, Houston #1 and Mallett (we'd need a backup) then I would think long and hard.

Patradomous, are you Greg Garber?

One of these days something like this will happen. When Belichick thinks there's more value going forward in what he gets vs. what he gives up. I have no idea how far down the road it would be.

If you made it Hopkins, Houston #1 and Mallett (we'd need a backup) then I would think long and hard.

That's like saying "one of these days an earthquake will happen in California"

We know it can happen, BB has shown this over and over.

Hopkins? As in DeAndre Hopkins? The guy who is scared to dive into a pile to recover a fumble?
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/6F...p4?versionId=JrXrbxzMGBdVjTMB7M9nN2pGPBIgKJUW

The same Hopkins who had a cringe worthy fumble this past MNF?

You keep thinking long and hard on that one, I'll be watching Brady throw TDS in a Pats uniform.

Paraphrasing from the article:"B-b-b-but Garoppolo! He could be better than Romo!"

Yeah, like that's high praise. :rolleyes:

I want Garoppolo to succeed as much as the next Pats fan, and compared to some starting QBs in the league Romo...well let's just say he isn't the worst. But when Brady finally does ride off into the sunset. I hope Garoppolo isn't even in the same paragraph as Romo. Nevermind the same sentence.

You keep thinking long and hard on that one, I'll be watching Brady throw TDS in a Pats uniform.
So will I. I'm just saying that everyone who laughs this off had better come to grips with the fact that the time will likely come. I don't think we're at that time yet.

Brady to the Texans?

ibhp9OKg3ipOug.gif

The Pats are currently in first place in the division. Why would they tank the season at this point for so little? Garoppolo looks promising as the QB of the future of this team, but does anyone think he is ready now?

I could POTENTIALLY see the Pats after the season trading Brady if they are convinced Garoppolo is the answer and a franchise QB AND someone gives them a top 5 pick along with another high draft picks or two. But I would bet against it and with a lot of money. No way do they do it in the next six days though.

I mentally checked out the second I read the phrase "institutional arrogance". What a dumbass.

If TB12 is traded away, is there even a point to adding johnson or a top tier receiver this year? Not really.....

In a moment of unthinking stupidity I gave them a page click.
Won't happen again.

Agree, completely, i turned ESPN off years ago because their football coverage sucks and they are blackballing hockey, I rarely read their articles but now i be sure never to do so again.

I mentally checked out the second I read the phrase "institutional arrogance". What a dumbass.

What was actually arrogant was Garber's conclusion that Belichick's 'arrogance" is trumped by stupidity.

Yeah, in the context the writer was using, the term "arrogance" doesn't make any sense. Overconfidence makes much more sense.

If TB12 is traded away, is there even a point to adding johnson or a top tier receiver this year? Not really.....

While I don't think this has a snowball's chance in hell of happening, let me just use an analogy.

There is a continuum of backup quarterback ability, which can be summed up in terms of Matt Cassel in 2008. The low point of the scale is pre-season Matt Cassel, who looked like he would go 0–16 as a starter. The high end of the scale is Week 15–17 Matt Cassel, who was playing as well as any QB in the league at that point.

Garoppolo's certainly not Week 17 Cassel yet, but he's certainly a lot closer than any rookie the Pats have had since Brady (right now, I'd say somewhere around Week 9 or 10).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back