PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Weekly picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the "other" ESPN pick grouping, where 7 out of 10 'experts' chose the Patriots, should have been included?

NFL Picks and Predictions for Week 2 - National Football League - ESPN
Slightly off-topic but a couple other surprises with their picks:

• 9 out of 10 pick the Eagles to lose at home to the Saints. I know McNabb is out but as I recall the Saints haven't done to well on the road the last couple of years. Plus, Philly's defense was mighty impressive last week.
  • Only 1 out of 10 pick the Dolphins to win at home. Granted they're playing the Colts, but I would have expected a few more votes for Miami.
  • Just 2 out of 10 pick the defending NFC champs Arizona to win, against Jacksonville. Cardinals are a team that didn't do well at all playing on the east coast last year, but I would think they'll be highly motivated coming off a loss. Plus, Jacksonville isn't all that good a team and doesn't have the home field advantage other teams do in terms of crowd noise.
  • Not one single person picked Carolina to beat the Falcons. Yeah, it's in Atlanta and the Panthers looked bad last week, but haven't they ever heard of a team rebounding after a bad game? Carolina did go 12-4 last year (only the Titans were better) and although they weren't able to do anything in free agency because of the cap and franchising Peppers, I still think it's a bit premature to write them off yet.
  • 9 out of 10 are picking the Bills over the Bucs. I'll be curious to see how Buffalo responds; they have a short week to prepare and could have an emotional letdown and look past Tampa Bay.

The betters have picked the patriots. We are a 3.5 point favorite.

The betters have picked the patriots. We are a 3.5 point favorite.

The local bookie around here is giving the Jets 7 points :eek:

Either I don't touch that line with a ten foot pole or I take the Jets ....Then again I don't sports bet,only in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes