PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Week 4 Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Walter Football: Ravens by 7

Walter Football joins the ranks of those picking the Ravens this week.

Stupid people.

Our coverage was excellent last week, all but shutting down Gonzalez and White. And we shutdown Turner.

Re: Walter Football: Ravens by 7

Stupid people.

Our coverage was excellent last week, all but shutting down Gonzalez and White. And we shutdown Turner.

And Evans and Owens and on and on it goes...

Defense will have a HUGE impact on this game. One is going to get exposed in a big way on Sunday.

You'll soon see our offense is better then the Falcons. Look at the rankings, Atlanta 20, Baltimore? 2. Stop comparing previous games to this one, it has no bearing on this game. Hmmm... Will the Pats fans "eat crow" after sunday? :D

Baltimore Newspaper Picks Pats To Win

Either Felger and Massarotti's siblings have jobs in Baltimore, or the columnists who cover the Ravens see something their fans don't see. Five out of seven picked their Ravens to lose to the Patriots.

The picks: Ravens vs. Patriots by the Baltimore Sun

• "It will come down to the fourth quarter, and Tom Brady will win the game against the Ravens' secondary."
  • "Unlike Norv Turner, Bill Belichick will go for the jugular, and Tom Brady isn't about to concede to Joe Flacco."
  • "Bill Belichick and Tom Brady at home is worth a three-point difference."
  • "Bill Belichick will slow the high-flying Ravens offense, and Tom Brady will break some Baltimore hearts in the fourth quarter."

You'll soon see our offense is better then the Falcons. Look at the rankings, Atlanta 20, Baltimore? 2. Stop comparing previous games to this one, it has no bearing on this game. Hmmm... Will the Pats fans "eat crow" after sunday? :D

This website might be "eating crow" sunday afternoon but our team will endure and move on regardless of the outcome.

Re: Sporting News: 6 out of 7 pick the Ravens to win

"It will be tough, but Flacco and John Harbaugh will get the first big road win of their short careers. "

I don't generally care at all about predictions, but this quote made me laugh. I guess Vinnie Iyer doesn't see two road playoff wins and winning the final game ever played in Texas Stadium as "big road wins"...

Ravens Insider: picking the Pats, in a close one

Ravens Insider: why I'm picking the Pats, in a close one by Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun
It's an intriguing matchup. You have the established coach and quarterback against two of the top newcomers in Ravens coach John Harbaugh and second-year quarterback Joe Flacco. The Ravens are exciting to watch because they have more balance now than at any other time in their brief history. They have multiple weapons on offense, and finally a quarterback who is the real deal in Flacco, who has the strong football IQ to match his arm strength. The Ravens are also strong up front on both sides of the ball, and they have one of the best front sevens in the NFL.

But I don't like how the Ravens' secondary matches up with New England's receivers. They don't have anyone to physically challenge Randy Moss, and they don't have a nickel back or linebacker who can run with Wes Welker in the slot. It's easy to say the Ravens have to pressure Brady, but I think Belichick made some corrections after the Jets pounded Brady with blitzes two weeks ago. The best bet for the Ravens is to unleash their own power running game, and keep Brady off the field.

Anyway, it should be a good game. These are two quality football teams with two good coaches.

For the Baltimore writers.... they, just like the fans don't get too high or too low about us. Basically, we just play the game and see what happens.

This website might be "eating crow" sunday afternoon but our team will endure and move on regardless of the outcome.

Just like any other team in the NFL... The Pats aren't any different

very tough game, our receivers need to step up big time.

i got the home team

i'd actually say the pats D last week was way more impressive than the ravens D i saw week 2

Last edited:
The Ravens have played 2 really lame teams, and one decent team to this point, this week they are playing a decent, Pats team looking for an identity with a lot of new faces/scheme, and Brady coming back and still trying to find his way, without his short stuff safety valve 2/3 games......

We'll see how good they are on Sunday, but the record and offense against weak and under performing teams doesn't surprise me, I mean.... they should beat those teams.

To down play any win is foolish, who knows where those teams will be at the end of the year. Bet very few thought Miami or Baltimore or even the Falcons would do anything last year, funny thing is they all preformed at a higher level then the Pats.

The Ravens have played 2 really lame teams, and one decent team to this point, this week they are playing a decent, Pats team looking for an identity with a lot of new faces/scheme, and Brady coming back and still trying to find his way, without his short stuff safety valve 2/3 games......

We'll see how good they are on Sunday, but the record and offense against weak and under performing teams doesn't surprise me, I mean.... they should beat those teams.

And New England should have beaten the Jests. That's been the difference between us. We dont beat the teams we're supposed to, we destroy them.
New England lost to a clearly inferior team.

To down play any win is foolish, who knows where those teams will be at the end of the year. Bet very few thought Miami or Baltimore or even the Falcons would do anything last year, funny thing is they all preformed at a higher level then the Pats.

Yep, sure did..with a backup QB that hadn't started a game since High School.

The fact that the Pats won 11 games with Cassel at QB, and that atrocious secondary is a miracle, but you can laugh like a ****** if ya want.

I don't remember downplaying anything, just saying that Baltimore SHOULD have won those games.

Keep laughing....I love that ****!!:D

And New England should have beaten the Jests. That's been the difference between us. We dont beat the teams we're supposed to, we destroy them.

I've beaten that drum enough, they're gauging us against Wins. We take the approach of judging a loss. Another W on that first column is A OK with me. Even if it's by 1 pt.

Yep, sure did..with a backup QB that hadn't started a game since High School.

The fact that the Pats won 11 games with Cassel at QB, and that atrocious secondary is a miracle, but you can laugh like a ****** if ya want.

I don't remember downplaying anything, just saying that Baltimore SHOULD have won those games.

Keep laughing....I love that ****!!:D

What's even funnier? A rookie QB, a Rookie coach a " No true number 1" receiver and the rest are "bums", and FLACCO WAS SLATED AS THE 3RD STRING and took ZERO snaps with the first team in training camp all from a Divison IAA school. Do you really think you have a leg to stand on in this "argument"? Like I said, Foolish. BTW, that Rookie had more playoff wins in 2008-09 then the Pats.

Last edited:
What's even funnier? A rookie QB, a Rookie coach a " No true number 1" receiver and the rest are "bums", and FLACCO WAS SLATED AS THE 3RD STRING and took ZERO snaps with the first team in training camp all from a Divison IAA school. Do you really think you have a leg to stand on in this "argument"? Like I said, Foolish. BTW, that Rookie had more playoff wins in 2008-09 then the Pats.

And let's not forget having McAlister, Gregg, Landry, Yanda and Williams on the IR. And to top it off, 18 weeks without a bye.
We overcame more than our share of adversity as well, and did more with less than the Pats.

Believe it or not, the Pats ARE in rebuilding mode, and Brady and Welker aren't right..
I think as the season go's on, the Pats are going to surprise a few folks.

Not having Welker and Mayo for the jets game really hurt, but we'll see them again when we're healthier and have had a few more games to gel.....and we'll see what happens then...
BTW, The Jets ARE a good team, take a look at their lineup, they have some solid players on that team, especially defense, where they have a good coach, and some really good players.

Technically the Ravens should come in and lay the smack down, they are healthy, have been together for awhile, have good players, and are grooving.....

We'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back