PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN televised combine workouts

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Anybody seen Jordan Norwood vs Hakeem Nicks in the hands competition? Norwoods' hands looked rock solid! Made it look easy as he beat Nicks. Would he be worth a look as a small possession guy in the 6th or 7th or is he too unathletic to make it in the NFL?

Remember how good Chad Jackson looked in the hands workout at the combine.

QB12

Good call on Chad Jackson. Check out his hands: YouTube - WR Chad Jackson - Best Hands

I'd rather take a guy with reliable route running than someone who can make spectacular catches. If the guy can do both, even better.

That's what I remember about CJ--he caught EVERYTHING coming his way. It was very impressive.

I didn't, at the time, realize that his way was the wrong way.

Anybody seen Jordan Norwood vs Hakeem Nicks in the hands competition? Norwoods' hands looked rock solid! Made it look easy as he beat Nicks. Would he be worth a look as a small possession guy in the 6th or 7th or is he too unathletic to make it in the NFL?

Norwood isn't that small at 5-11 and he might be a taller version of Welker... The nice thing is he likes going over the middle.. So, I could see taking a flyer on him late. And his quickness may make him good for punt returns, though he's never done it before..

You know who else has great hands, and nobody has ever heard of him before? Dudley Guice from Northwestern. Mark it down...

You know who else has great hands, and nobody has ever heard of him before? Dudley Guice from Northwestern. Mark it down...

Not only does Guice have great hands, but he's tall, has very good quickness and is fast...

Could be a late round sleeper or UDFA.

I've been very high on Norwood from the start. He has been fantastic at PSU, and he does make plays like Welker, and David Patten for that matter. Do you need a guy to go to the ground with a very small window? Norwood will catch it. Excellent route runner as well. He does not stand out athletically so there will be questions of his getting open, but if you put him in the slot and have him weaving through traffic, he can do some damage. His father is the defensive coordinator at Baylor.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back