PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN. Tebow. Skip. Stephen A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

I give Tebow a little more credit than the other poster you quoted, but Broncos/Tebow fans REALLY need to stop with this "if you criticize Tim Tebow it's because you have something against him personally" bull****. Really, guys, it's wearing thin.

I give Tebow a lot of credit for the win against Pittsburgh. Really, I do. But let's be honest for a second here. Had the Steelers played any other QB in the league, do you really think they'd be lining up in Cover-0 and Cover-1 Robber with as many as 9 guys in the box for a good portion of the game? Props to Tebow, when he had a guy beating man coverage deep he got him the ball, but those chances were only there to take because he isn't respected as a passer in the first place. I've never seen a professional quarterback get that little respect in a playoff game, seriously it was astounding.

I think there has been a huge overreaction to the Pittsburgh game. People are hopping on the "see what happens when you let him loose??!!" bandwagon, but I just don't see it. I don't think for a second he'd be more successful in a traditional offense, or if he was allowed to air it out for prolonged period of time. He is a tough kid who has trouble completing a lot of the passes that an NFL quarterback has to make. His best attribute as a passer is throwing an accurate deep ball, and that's how he'll complete the majority of his passes and make his mark passing the football, but in the end, that's a very limited skillset in this day and age.

Tebow is a very nice young man, and I have absolutely nothing against him personally. Actually, I find myself rooting for him a lot, because he's exciting as a player and likeable as a human being. That doesn't mean I can't think he is a below-average quarterback, though.

Agreed 100%. I pointed this out in the game thread as well. He was facing 9 in the box routinely even on passing plays. If any other NFL QB faces this game plan they throw for 400+ yards easy.

I had no idea it would reach this level......

Tebow's team reached the playoffs and won a game, you are surprised that the media overeacted and went 24/7 on him??????

And if you hit your thumb with a hammer, it would hurt.

Last edited:
What some of you don't think about is what Tebow does not always show ON THE FIELD,he is probably showing in the locker room........

Geez, let's keep it that way.

Last edited:
You know I think the Pats need their own story of excitement. I really think that's what's been missing the last two playoff games. They have been doing this for so long, and have made the playoffs for so long, you can't help they are at least a little bit at a disadvantage when it comes to the simple excitement of not just the team, but the fans, that exists from being in a playoff game.

You look at other fan bases and teams like the Broncos, Houston, etc....they really do treat a playoff game and win like a great honor and something special. With the Patriots on the other hand, people kind of take it for granted because what they want is ring # 4. Everyone "expects" the Patriots to win. Well that's not fair to them I think. Anyone can get beat on any given sunday, even the Packers by Orton and the Chiefs. Even when the Packers don't mess up. Heck let's be honest, after awhile even the great Manning and the Colts became underdogs to the Patriots in the playoffs. How in the world is that fair at all to the Pats? So to use Tebow's words, whatever happened to just enjoying the journey?

We know the Patriots would see anything other than a super bowl win and ring as a disappointment but maybe that's the problem and it's kind of like not seeing the forest from the trees. Maybe BB just needs to let them go out there and just have some fun too and not think of failing to get the trophy as such a disappointment. This is still a 13-3 team and that alone is pretty damn amazing. So how about just enjoy the game and win itself and not worry about the super bowl. Whatever happens happens. Maybe the Pats won't get there this year, heck maybe it won't happen for another four years, or maybe Tom won't even get that ring #4. So what? Haven't they earned the right though to just go out there and have fun and not be expected to get to the super bowl every freaking year? Isn't that a bit unrealistic too? There are 32 teams in the NFL, and even when you are one of the top teams in the league, there's still only 2 that get there and only 1 team that wins is. When is it going to be ok to allow them to just "pull the trigger" and just have fun?

I looked back at Tom's earlier playoffs and super bowl runs...he wasn't putting up 100+ QB passer ratings. He was 75-80.0 in the playoffs. Nobody was really concerned with having a perfect game as a passer. Heck Joe Flacco won a playoff game with a 10.0 passer rating. Maybe other teams get that extra rush from winning a playoff game because they're always underdogs and it comes so rare, whereas the Pats are not really getting that benefit. So when those teams beat a "favorite" it's such a great feeling of excitement and accomplishment for them which just fuels their fire.

It's no secret that facing a really great team like the Pats, does help a healthy underdog because they do and can raise their level. That's honestly what the Giants did. And they have the advantage because they kind of always play up to your level and can kind of "feel" what they need to top it. Whereas the favorites don't really have that and can kind of be left in the dark. The favorites set and are "the bar" for others to cross and you just never really know how high it needs to be set. So how do you battle that aspect?

Can't we make up a good story for Tom and the Pats and something a bit better than "we're going for ring #4"? I mean where's the inspiration? Clearly Tebow and the Broncos are "the good guys" this year. Heck you could argue they are "America's team" as of right now. So can't we really spice up the "bad guy" story? We need a good angle.

Truth is the majority that are still tuning in, really don't want Tebow's story to end. I get that. So how do the Pats end it, but instead of stopping that excitement, continue it their own way. Turn it in their favor. How do we continue to give America a good show, and promise to carry the excitement forward, if we win? Because even if they do win, I have a feeling the Pats will still be seen as the favorites even against Green Bay(they're going through some issues right now) and probably even against the Saints if they make it. We need to make up our minds and commit. We're either going to "believe" we're the best and prove it, or we need something else. Some other approach.

Maybe I'm just rambling, but the most excited I saw Brady and these Pats this year and in a long time, was the game against the Broncos. Tom's spike in the endzone was awesome. It was clear they were enjoying that game out there. So maybe in the case of the Patriots, or any team that beats the Broncos, their responsibility isn't just to take them out, but figure out a way to capture that spirit that Tebow and the Broncos have created and carry it forward with them? We can't just beat them but also gotta promise these viewers a good show going forward if we're going to take out this Broncos team.

This is really the secret behind and what Tebowmania is really all about. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
God's answer:
th_download.gif

Tebow asking God for a sign for Saturday night:

tim_tebow_praying_12345.jpg

I'd like to see someone toss a hand grenade onto the set.

God's answer:
th_download.gif

Tebow asking God for a sign for Saturday night:

tim_tebow_praying_12345.jpg

There's the spirit. My quick photoshop skills on display. Couldn't find a Bronco to fit in there but someone else is more than welcome to finish it:

romanpatriots.png

I think if you have 3 Super Bowl rings you should be allowed to wear helmets like this in the playoffs.

Last edited:
If the Pats lose, I may not be able to watch tv for the rest of the year...It will get ridiculous..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back