PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN shows [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN shows

Not a fan of ESPN any more, do like the herd, but since the super bowl, I do not watch a minute of Espn any more.. The herd, is ok, but the rest of espn could just rot away...

I gave up on espn the magazine back in 2002 when the didnt put the pats on the cover of the issue following their SB win. they had some nascar driver on the cover, and in the corner it said "super patriots" what a bunch of **** that was. **** them. i have been off sportscenter and espn radio for a long time also cuz of the constant bull**** they spit out. **** those *******s **** em

Colin Cowherd does not make a good argument. It's easy to rant and rant when no one else is there to counter your argument and you can hang up on anyone who does.

I loved it when was going on about Big Ben being a HoF QB and his assistant Amanda, not a Ben fan, owned him on the air. She basically said her problem with Big Ben was that the more throws he made, the worse he got. Cowherd's point was, so what? The more golf shots he (Cowherd) makes the worse he does too. She responded, "So what you're saying is you're bad at golf, just like he is at QB". There was this huge pause and he was all, "Don't you have some guests to call or something?" It was hilarious. She was exactly right and he looked like a tool.

The really weird thing is that he killed Belichick for dating a woman when he was separated from his wife.

At the same time, Cowherd abandoned his wife and his first child who was only a few months old.

Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio says basically the same thing. BB and Pioli's story doesn't add up. Cowherd said "BB has an IQ of 170, remembers plays and obscure moments that everyone else forgets. But he doesn't remember someone he worked with for 2 years?" Cowherd thought BB was just playing stupid, and he doesn't buy his story. Cowherd makes a convincing argument, so I'll hold off judgment until Walsh give up what he's got.

I will say I thought BB came off pretty good in his statements. Maybe too good. He didn't have his usual "F- the media" attitude... makes me wonder. But, again, I will hold off judgment until we find out exactly what Walsh has got.

I've boycotted ESPN as well as NFLN. I also think that it's an idiotic point that Cowherd brings up...does he understand how many ppl are involved with a football organization??? Some lowly video assistant doesnt qualify as someone that a HC may spend a lot if any time around. Hell, im sure in some of my larger classes my own professor couldnt pick me out of lineup. What a stupid argument.

Clayton has a segment on espn.com (not linking to it, not worth watching). He was basically making stuff up. Highlights plus my comments:

NFL and Walsh have agreement to protect Walsh from Pats legal action

Total fabrication. Specter and Walsh's attorney have complained about provisions in the NFL offer.

Walsh wants protection from outside (non-NFL) parties

Never heard this before. The counteroffer from Walsh's lawyer doesn't seem to include this point, but to be fair I can't read legalese that well. Any suit brought by a fan or beer vendor or whoever would be pretty weak so I would doubt this would hold up any agreement.

Assumed an agreement would get worked out...

Based on what? This has been going on for a while and shows no sign of a resolution. NFL/Pats are not motivated to offer more than they already have, particularly anything that would allow Walsh to sell his story. Walsh isn't motivated to agree to anything that WOULDN'T allow him to cash it. No resolution in sight without judicial or congressional interference.

...and then Walsh WILL testify.

Yes, that was his conclusion. No doubts or maybes. That statement itself isn't that bad, but it is the underlying tone that is bothersome. Walsh is itching to testify as soon as he is confident he won't be sued. Get Real! He won't do anything until he gets an agreement that opens the door for him to cash in.

Based on Belichick's recent comments, Walsh must have something

I don't have the words to describe the stupidity of that statement. Walsh may have evidence, but nothing Belichick said would add to or detract from that notion. He claimed to know Walsh the way I know the receptionist at my doctor's office. I've know what she looks like, who she works for and generally what she does. Other than that, she has no direct impact on my daily life.

The only other point Belichick made was that he never asked for or saw tapes of an opponent's practice. He doesn't say anything about what Walsh does or doesn't have...just that he had nothing to do with it.

The situation is likely to be resolved on the Senate floor

The statement is not so much inaccurate as it is out-of-touch. The Specter angle of this story seems to be losing steam, but Clayton makes it seem like it is full speed ahead. It also leaves people with the impression that Walsh has something worthy of a Senate investigation...when the only people offering any basis for this conclusion is Walsh and his lawyer.

Lazy journalism. Drive to a pre-determined conclusion without any basis or even despite the presence of contrary evidence. No surprises here, just another example of what you already know.

I've boycotted ESPN as well as NFLN. I also think that it's an idiotic point that Cowherd brings up...does he understand how many ppl are involved with a football organization??? Some lowly video assistant doesnt qualify as someone that a HC may spend a lot if any time around. Hell, im sure in some of my larger classes my own professor couldnt pick me out of lineup. What a stupid argument.

He was trying to get coaches and assistants in pro and college to call in to see how close they were to their video assistants, and if BB story holds any water. I didn't hear all of the show today, but I don't think he had much luck with that.

Thinking about it, I remember Cowherd having to eat a bit of crow about the Sean Taylor murder. He swore up and down that it was some sort of gang hit, he was in with the wrong people and when you "live by the sword, you die by the sword".

Colin Cowherd is made of GLASS!!

Espn

**** the ******* *******s

Last edited:
Re: Espn

Especially Stupid Pompous Nonsense ESPN

ESPN Especially Stupid Pompous Nonsense Cowherd doesm'y like BB...he's made remarks, personal ones about him..so I do not think he's very credible...

Mike Golic just basically told Marcellus Wiley he is full of crap if he thinks that the assumed walk-through film actually helped win the SB36.

Mike Golic just basically told Marcellus Wiley he is full of crap if he thinks that the assumed walk-through film actually helped win the SB36.

Wiley was talking about how effective taping a walkthrough would be. He said that Belichick's estimate of it amounting to 1% of preparation was way too low.

Too bad Belichick was talking about taping the opposing sidelines, not a walkthrough. How could Belichick have made his 1% comment about a practice he denies ever being a part of.

Putz.

marcellus wiley, former bill, charger and jag, probably former redskin too, not sure

JC! hope all is well with you. looks like we both had heart-breaking playoffs this year. Actually, this is 2 years in a row for us. If the Chargers get healthy and stay that way next year, your chances look very good. I think your team actually made huge progress this year.

Enjoy the off-season and see you around the board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back