PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN shows [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
NFL Live was pretty douchy about Belichick and Pioli coming out. M Wiley (who, btw?) said he didn't buy it because players know all the film guys. Golic compared it to Clemens and McNamee. John Clayton was pretty smug about it all. They all basically said it was too little too late.

I can accept what Golic said. If Walsh has something, it will be like that. Wiley is an idiot...yeah, players and coaches are two different entities there, jerk. And the host was pretty jerky as he was reading it.

I flipped off after that. If anyone watches any of the other shows, put it here, I guess.

Re: ESPN shows

Marcellus Wiley, he was a DE for the Chargers, Bills, and Jags. He made the Pro Bowl at least once.

As for Clemens. It's totally differnet. McNamee's story was backed up by Andy Pettite AND Chuck Knoblauch. We don't even know what Walsh's story is because he won't talk unless he gets immunity from perjury. Also Walsh clearly has credability issues.

Belichick in the Reiss story said everything they did, and it actually makes sense. He didn't have to throw his wife under the bus or lie about being at parties 10 years ago to get to sensible.

Turn off ESPN. Stop watching it. Seriously, you've gotta trust me on this. These guys aren't journalists; they're personalities. They're going to beat this dead horse as long as they damn well please, journalistic integrity be damned, and it's your choice whether or not you watch it.

Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio says basically the same thing. BB and Pioli's story doesn't add up. Cowherd said "BB has an IQ of 170, remembers plays and obscure moments that everyone else forgets. But he doesn't remember someone he worked with for 2 years?" Cowherd thought BB was just playing stupid, and he doesn't buy his story. Cowherd makes a convincing argument, so I'll hold off judgment until Walsh give up what he's got.

I will say I thought BB came off pretty good in his statements. Maybe too good. He didn't have his usual "F- the media" attitude... makes me wonder. But, again, I will hold off judgment until we find out exactly what Walsh has got.

The only ESPN I watch is when they have the NFL game ... other than that I never watch those d!ckweed blowhards.

How many people work for the Patriots? I am sure Belichick doesn't know everyone on his staff. Even if he has met Walsh on different occassions, it doesn't mean thathe really knows who he was and could even remember him. Between players and staff, he probably has 200-300 people working under him. There are going to be people especially pions who are going rto not get recognized by him. I don't know how this is so hard to believe. I doubt Belichick works directly with anyone in the video department other than the department head.

What exactly is a "Colin Cowherd"?

Your post makes zero sense. IQ and knowing everyone don't correlate. Many brilliant people could barely remember their mothers. BB can remember plays because he's about football. "People people" can remember some moron in the video room because that's what they worry about.

ESPN grasping again.

Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio says basically the same thing. BB and Pioli's story doesn't add up. Cowherd said "BB has an IQ of 170, remembers plays and obscure moments that everyone else forgets. But he doesn't remember someone he worked with for 2 years?" Cowherd thought BB was just playing stupid, and he doesn't buy his story. Cowherd makes a convincing argument, so I'll hold off judgment until Walsh give up what he's got.

I will say I thought BB came off pretty good in his statements. Maybe too good. He didn't have his usual "F- the media" attitude... makes me wonder. But, again, I will hold off judgment until we find out exactly what Walsh has got.

Colin Cowherd does not make good arguments. Search for his name at Fire Joe Morgan sometime, and, while that's a baseball blog, you'll see how bad he is (they rip him almost as hard and as often as they do Morgan himself).

The funny thing about Cowherd is that he changed his position completely on the Pats after the Superbowl. He was the biggest, flag waving Patriot fanboy on the radio. Monday after the Superbowl, he came on the radio and was a Pats hater. That seems to be the way everyone in the media reacted... a total 180.

Cowherd gets some credibility in my book because he was the only one who defended Jose Canseco's book from the very begining, when everyone else in the media was bashing Canseco for it.

NFL Live was pretty douchy about Belichick and Pioli coming out. M Wiley (who, btw?) said he didn't buy it because players know all the film guys. Golic compared it to Clemens and McNamee. John Clayton was pretty smug about it all. They all basically said it was too little too late.

I can accept what Golic said. If Walsh has something, it will be like that. Wiley is an idiot...yeah, players and coaches are two different entities there, jerk. And the host was pretty jerky as he was reading it.

I flipped off after that. If anyone watches any of the other shows, put it here, I guess.
marcellus wiley, former bill, charger and jag, probably former redskin too, not sure

The funny thing about Cowherd is that he changed his position completely on the Pats after the Superbowl. He was the biggest, flag waving Patriot fanboy on the radio. Monday after the Superbowl, he came on the radio and was a Pats hater. That seems to be the way everyone in the media reacted... a total 180.

Cowherd gets some credibility in my book because he was the only one who defended Jose Canseco's book from the very begining, when everyone else in the media was bashing Canseco for it.

Don't read too much into that. He's just an an inflammatory jackass who likes spreading sensationalism, and Canseco's book helped him do that. Based on what he knew, it could just as easily have been total crap, in which case he would have gone back to screaming for days on end about how Moneyball sucks, in the process proving that he has no idea what it was actually about.

He's pretty much the prototype Moneyball-basher in the media: he misinterprets and picks apart the few snippets that he can actually understand, and uses that as a justification for ignoring the larger point. He's one of those guys who, to this day, thinks that Moneyball was about signing as many fat guys who walk a lot as you can find, whereas the real message was that the best way to compete was in finding market inefficiencies by identifying variables that, while highly correlated to winning, are undervalued in the market. That's why Oakland has a crappy OBP now- because Moneyball-imitation has gotten to the point that, in market terms, it's actually overvalued (thanks to teams like the Red Sox and Yankees placing a huge premium on it now). But no, to Cowherd, it's about how guys who are too fat to swing win ballgames. He's taking the same approach with Belichick, now- ignore the 95% that you're too lazy to make yourself understand, and make baseless, inflammatory remarks about the other 5%.

marcellus wiley, former bill, charger and jag, probably former redskin too, not sure

We was pretty horrendously overpaid later in his career, so that's a pretty safe bet.

Don't read too much into that. He's just an an inflammatory jackass who likes spreading sensationalism, and Canseco's book helped him do that. Based on what he knew, it could just as easily have been total crap, in which case he would have gone back to screaming for days on end about how Moneyball sucks, in the process proving that he has no idea what it was actually about.

He's pretty much the prototype Moneyball-basher in the media: he misinterprets and picks apart the few snippets that he can actually understand, and uses that as a justification for ignoring the larger point. He's one of those guys who, to this day, thinks that Moneyball was about signing as many fat guys who walk a lot as you can find, whereas the real message was that the best way to compete was in finding market inefficiencies by identifying variables that, while highly correlated to winning, are undervalued in the market. That's why Oakland has a crappy OBP now- because Moneyball-imitation has gotten to the point that, in market terms, it's actually overvalued (thanks to teams like the Red Sox and Yankees placing a huge premium on it now). But no, to Cowherd, it's about how guys who are too fat to swing win ballgames. He's taking the same approach with Belichick, now- ignore the 95% that you're too lazy to make yourself understand, and make baseless, inflammatory remarks about the other 5%.

You make some good points. You 100% correct about the Moneyball bashing... no argument here as far as that goes.

I am going to be in the minority, and probably catch some crap, but I really can't stand Colin Cowherd because of his remarks after Eddie Guerrero died. He said "Big deal, a wrestler is dead, who cares?"

I realize alot of people don't care for wrestling because it's two guys play fighting, and I can accept that. But to say that NO ONE cares is just a sh!tty statement. He was my favorite (I know I sound gay when I say that) and I really respected him for his craft; he was quite a fake fighter, very believable.

Like, I didn't watch NASCAR when Dale died, but I thought it sucked and never once said to my friends "No one cares about some guy that drives a car."

Anyways, yeah I wonder if people will care when Colin Cowherd dies.

Since Specter said there will be no hearings regarding this issue, count on it never seeing the light of day. The Rams player's case will never even make it to court, thus no one will ever hear what Walsh has to say.

Remember, he wants total clemency from the NFL. but if the Senate isnt going to get involved, Goodell will tell Walsh to screw and the media will be pissed again....

GOOD!!! They "think" they deserve answers, but the only answers they deserve have to come from Goodell....GOOD again!!

I bet richpats is actually upset, but no one cares!

Last edited:

My fellow Patriots fans...you know what the wierdest thing about this spygate non-issue really is?

I'll tell you then...It's the fact that people working for ESPN will be pissed off if they find out this thing is going nowhere!!! Now if that's not F'd up, I don't know what is.

It's almost like...no, it IS like most people WANT the Patriots to be further embaressed and penalized. think about how true that is and then consider why this could be. the only answer you can come up with is...

BECAUSE PEOPLE HATE THE PATRIOTS!

Nothing else is logical.

Colin Cowherd does not make a good argument. It's easy to rant and rant when no one else is there to counter your argument and you can hang up on anyone who does.

I loved it when he was going on about Big Ben being a HoF QB and his assistant Amanda, not a Ben fan, owned him on the air. She basically said her problem with Big Ben was that the more throws he made, the worse he got. Cowherd's point was, so what? The more golf shots he (Cowherd) makes the worse he does too. She responded, "So what you're saying is you're bad at golf, just like he is at QB". There was this huge pause and he was all, "Don't you have some guests to call or something?" It was hilarious. She was exactly right and he looked like a tool.

Last edited:

Golic needs to give back whatever money Nutrisystem paid him for the "51" pounds he lost. He looks like he put it all back on. As for the other Mike, he's a pantywaist, skinny limpwrist looking dweeb that ESPN has really gone to the bottom of the barrel on, putting him on Sportscenter. Yeah, ESPN sucks bad now.

Turn off ESPN. Stop watching it. Seriously, you've gotta trust me on this. These guys aren't journalists; they're personalities. They're going to beat this dead horse as long as they damn well please, journalistic integrity be damned, and it's your choice whether or not you watch it.

thats right. espn is not about respect, integrity or truth. it is about speculation, entertainment and getting ratings. i refuse to watch ESPN because of the smart ass wanna be comics who do sportscenter, and the broadcasters who think it is about them, not the sports. nfl network is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes