ESPN Scouts Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
ESPN - 2009 NFL Draft

Click on the 32 ranked players, there is actually a pretty good scouting report for each player.

Last edited:
It's mystifying to me how Laurinitis keeps being ranked so high. I haven't seen it at all.

It's mystifying to me how Laurinitis keeps being ranked so high. I haven't seen it at all.

It is because he goes to Ohio State and no other reason.
In fact look at the rest of the list and where they go to college...
There are only 3 on that list that go to non-powerhouse schools (Connecticut, Mizzou and Cinncinati)
As the season progresses, as usual, there will be guys like Matt Ryan.
And then at the combine guys like Gholston and DRC will show up...Happens every year without fail

Maualuga's profile has me drooling. Monroe's less so.

I wonder if this list was done prior to the scouts watching the Virginia-USC game.
I've seen a little bit of his play this season and just never got excited about him. Laurinaitis doesn't do it for me either. Out of the top LBs Cushing is the one whom I thought looked like the strongest "fit" for the Pats - with luck he'll be long gone before the Pats get to pick.

I hope Maualuga is okay with his knee...

I've seen a little bit of his play this season and just never got excited about him. Laurinaitis doesn't do it for me either. Out of the top LBs Cushing is the one whom I thought looked like the strongest "fit" for the Pats - with luck he'll be long gone before the Pats get to pick.

I hope Maualuga is okay with his knee...

Thing is he was Top 5 before the injury last night. He may drop, maybe to a certain team playing in Foxboro. Just saying.

aaron curry is more of a belicheck player

Thing is he was Top 5 before the injury last night. He may drop, maybe to a certain team playing in Foxboro. Just saying.
It is what it is, but I don't see the fit, and position of need-wise, I'd still look at the OL picture first.

It is what it is, but I don't see the fit, and position of need-wise, I'd still look at the OL picture first.

I don't see the fit because Laurinitis is a little small for the scheme. In another scheme he might be fine. In terms of need, ILB is an area of concern. Mayo looks to be a solid player for many years but Bruschi is done. Maybe Guyton can be serviceable but it still leaves one open starting position. Maybe BB will shock us and go LB in round 1 two years in a row.

I don't see the fit because Laurinitis is a little small for the scheme. In another scheme he might be fine. In terms of need, ILB is an area of concern. Mayo looks to be a solid player for many years but Bruschi is done. Maybe Guyton can be serviceable but it still leaves one open starting position. Maybe BB will shock us and go LB in round 1 two years in a row.
If Cushing was there I'd treat it as a positive move. I don't know anything about the Wake Forest kid, but watching Maualaga and Laurinaitis leaves my warm and fuzzy heart cool and fussy.

this was one of the reasons i was so high on drafting DRC last draft, the next draft is loaded with 3-4 ILB, and Cromarties dont grow on trees or come around very often.

We probably should have taken the stud corner last draft and the ILB this draft but it is what it is.

this was one of the reasons i was so high on drafting DRC last draft, the next draft is loaded with 3-4 ILB, and Cromarties dont grow on trees or come around very often.

We probably should have taken the stud corner last draft and the ILB this draft but it is what it is.

How is DRC doing? Haven't followed him at all.

The first thing the Pats should worry about is their porous offensive

line. If they don't come up with a good offensive lineman and a

blocking tight end, Tom Brady may be spending another year on

the injured list.

The first thing the Pats should worry about is their porous offensive

line. If they don't come up with a good offensive lineman and a

blocking tight end, Tom Brady may be spending another year on

the injured list.

:ditto:

We need a top flight guard and tackle.

Updated list, a lot of underclassmen. Terrence Cody at 9, very interesting.

Player Pos. School Grade
1. Sam Bradford** QB Oklahoma 98
2. Vontae Davis* CB Illinois 98
3. Andre Smith* OT Alabama 98
4. Michael Crabtree** WR Texas Tech 97
5. Matthew Stafford* QB Georgia 97
6. Greg Hardy* DE Mississippi 97
7. Michael Johnson DE Ga. Tech 96
8. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State 95
9. Terrence Cody* DT Alabama 95
10. Taylor Mays* S USC 94
11. Jeremy Maclin** WR Missouri 94
12. Mark Sanchez* QB USC 94
13. Knowshon Moreno** RB Georgia 93
14. Brian Orakpo DE Texas 93
15. Rey Maualuga ILB USC 93
16. Geno Atkins* DE Texas 93
17. Chris Wells* RB Ohio State 92
18. Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest 92
19. James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State 92
20. Michael Oher OT Mississippi 91
21. Everette Brown* DE Florida State 91
22. Percy Harvin** WR Florida 91
23. Sen'Derrick Marks* DT Auburn 91
24. George Selvie* DE S. Florida 91
25. LeSean McCoy** RB Pittsburgh 91
26. Brandon Spikes* LB Florida 90
27. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia 90
28. Jermaine Gresham* TE Oklahoma 90
29. Darrius Heyward-Bey* WR Maryland 90
30. William Moore S Missouri 90
31. Brian Cushing OLB USC 91
32. C.J. Spiller* RB Clemson 90
* denotes juniors
** denotes third-year sophomores

Look for Dave Philistin. ILB- Maryland. Had 124 tackles last year.

Could be available in middle rounds. Reminds me (physically) of Mayo.

He's from my hometown. I'm not a homer or anything:D

I'll put in an early vote for Brandon Spikes, University of Florida.
6'3 243 lbs. Good size to man the middle. And he gets his hands on the football, whether it is forcing fumbles or catching interceptions. That's really helpful when your linebackers can cause some turnovers.

Brandon Spikes' two interceptions leads Florida's defense

It'll be interesting to see how he finishes out his year. This guy should be in the Pats range (currently ranked #26). The question will be, does BB draft Linebacker early twice, or does he go for a different position? CB/OL/S come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back