PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN says Welker Expects To Play vs. Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

miDeuce

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Wes Welker

Good news if true, though I wonder how this info could possibly get out. I don't think you can really judge this offense from a game where Welker didn't play. He's a first down machine.

Great news if true, as you say. I'll wait a few days for the injury report.

Not really going too far out on a limb there with that prediction.

The guy dressed up last Sunday and was a last minute scratch...who wouldn't "expect" him to play this Sunday barring another last minute change?

Well, since there's no way to really know at this point, I say:

Dear 8 pound, 6 oz, tiny baby football god, with your golden-fleeced diapers and your tiny, fat little balled-up fists, please let our Wes be healthy and ready to play for the upcoming game and the rest of the season.

:singing:

I feel like Mickey from Rocky...

"DOWN, DOWN...STAY DOWN!"

Why risk it man? This aint a dash its a marathon. Come on back NEXT week. :)

Last edited:
I feel like Mickey from Rocky...

"DOWN, DOWN...STAY DOWN!"

Why risk it man? This aint a dash its a marathon. Come on back NEXT week. :)

Even in a marathon you have to run every mile faster than everyone else to win!

We need to win the games we should, and need to have the best team we can on the field to do it. I think they didn't start Welker realizing it was an away game that many had chalked up as a loss on their predictions to begin with. The Falcons game is at home, and one they need to win.

I think they didn't start Welker realizing it was an away game that many had chalked up as a loss on their predictions to begin with.

Yes, I'm sure that BB predicted his team to lose, and therefore did not start one of the Pats' best players.

:confused:

Last edited:
Yes, I'm sure that BB predicted his team to lose, and therefore did not start one of the Pats' best players.

:confused:

I'm not saying he predicted them to lose, but if the game was THAT important, then he would have played him.

I'm not saying he predicted them to lose, but if the game was THAT important, then he would have played him.

if you have followed the pats over the yrs under BB you will see that he quite conservative and cautious with injuries early on in the year. towards the end the list starts to grow small and more players who are less than 100% play all games down the stretch. early in the season the pats dont take any risk even if welker couldve have played at 90% for e.g. At least thats my 2 cents.

Notes from BB presser:

Q: Why didn't Wes Welker play last Sunday against the Jets?
BB: Well, he didn't dress for the game and we thought it best not to play him.

Q: You mean you didn't play him because he didn't get dressed or he didn't get dressed because you weren't going to play him?
BB: Well, you have to be dressed to play, I guess you can read into that whatever you want to.

Q: OK....so, will Welker be playing this Sunday?
BB: If he's dressed and ready to play, he'll play.

Q: Aaaargh.............. (runs from room)
BB: Are there any more questions?

Notes from BB presser:

Q: Why didn't Wes Welker play last Sunday against the Jets?
BB: Well, he didn't dress for the game and we thought it best not to play him.

Q: You mean you didn't play him because he didn't get dressed or he didn't get dressed because you weren't going to play him?
BB: Well, you have to be dressed to play, I guess you can read into that whatever you want to.

Q: OK....so, will Welker be playing this Sunday?
BB: If he's dressed and ready to play, he'll play.

Q: Aaaargh.............. (runs from room)
BB: Are there any more questions?

That pretty much sums it up. I don't know why reporters continue to ask questions like this. Reiss seems like one of the only ones to actually put some effort into his BB questions.

I would love to see a 5WR set in action with Welker/Edelman in the slots.

How many teams would be able to match up well with that? Or....4 WR's and a single back for running up the gut or helping in pass protection.

I'm back to excited and looking forward to Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes