PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN reporting Colts - Manning divorce to be announced Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Bill Polian and Tony Dungy are reporting(Sportscentre) that Peyton does not like playing against Eli , The games where they play against each other supposedly take a toll on Peyton.
So i guess this rules out the Redskins and maybe even the Jets. Of all the teams trying to land him i think AZ makes more sense and they also have larry fitzgerald ......a top class WR

Sad day. Just wanna say thanks to Peyton. It's been a great rivalry and everyone knows that until 08, colts vs pats was the real superbowl every year. We've lost some and won some. It was our job to hate him and in the first few years I absolutely couldn't stand him and I bashed him any chance I got. But I've got to say through the years I've come to respect the man. Good luck.

Both Bill Polian and Tony Dungy are reporting(Sportscentre) that Peyton does not like playing against Eli , The games where they play against each other supposedly take a toll on Peyton.
So i guess this rules out the Redskins and maybe even the Jets. Of all the teams trying to land him i think AZ makes more sense and they also have larry fitzgerald ......a top class WR

Why the Jets? They're AFC-NFC, and they just played this past season. If his goal is not to play against Eli, the Jets are a near-ideal choice, unless I'm missing something.

Disclaimer: I don't think he'll go to the Jets, but for different reasons. Miami, KC, and Arizona all seem more likely to me.

Why the Jets? They're AFC-NFC, and they just played this past season. If his goal is not to play against Eli, the Jets are a near-ideal choice, unless I'm missing something.

Disclaimer: I don't think he'll go to the Jets, but for different reasons. Miami, KC, and Arizona all seem more likely to me.

Sources close to Peyton (Dungy and Bill P) have said he doest not want to share or be in the same city as his borther ELI

There doesn’t seem to be any desire in Peyton to share a city with Eli or play in the same division with his younger brother.

Last edited:
Manning has apparently left Denver without a deal and is on his way to Arizona:

Peyton Manning free agent tour is scheduled for its next stop as Cards sources say he's set to fly to AZ to meet w Coach Wisenhunt 2nite

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/178613534324817920?_escaped_fragment_=/JayGlazer/statuses/178613534324817920#!/JayGlazer/statuses/178613534324817920

Don't read into him leaving Denver without a deal. He never wanted to just take one visit & sign. Cards up next. Still gonna b fast process

Twitter / Jay Glazer: Don't read into him leavin ...

It's been like Where's Waldo day. He seems to have spent an aweful lot of time in Denver since he was not in AZ all day. Now AZ gets him for the evening. Miami still doesn't have a firm committment on his visit there...And then there is the supposed interest in KC. I heard yesterday also that Archie was traveling with him. Comfort wise it will be hard for other teams to match up to the dynamic that must have unfolded in the Rockies with 3 QB's who all speak the same language essentially calling the shots all tossing around scenarios.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ing-tour-to-touch-down-in-arizona-on-saturday

Last edited:
It's been like Where's Waldo day. He seems to have spent an aweful lot of time in Denver since he was not in AZ all day. Now AZ gets him for the evening. Miami still doesn't have a firm committment on his visit there...
Miami never stood a chance because Manning does not want to be in the same division as Brady. Playing him once a year is one thing, but having to compete with the Patriots for the division title is a whole 'nother thing entirely.

It's really just a race between Denver and Arizona, coincidentally both of whom the Patriots play this season. I think AZ makes the most sense because of the dome and Fitzgerald, but the pundits seem to favor Denver right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back