PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN reporting Colts - Manning divorce to be announced Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Irsay cites the cap, Manning says money wasn't an issue. WOnder if any reporters will challenge them on that?

So Irsay cites the cap, Manning says money wasn't an issue. WOnder if any reporters will challenge them on that?

Why ask Irsay anything. It's not as if he has the smallest particle of credibility left.

Money wasn't the issue. He was making essentially the same as Brady. Circumstances truly were the issue all along. His absence just exposed how decayed that franchise had become over the last 3-4 years of the Polian family tenure. Was Peyton complicit to some extent in that decay? Yeah, because he let condon squeeze every last nickle out of them for the first 13 years. But mostly it was Polian and his kid making mistakes and miscalculations and alienating important staffers and caring more about controlling the organization than putting the best people in place to run the football ops on and off the field so they would have a shot at competing regardless of adversity.

The issue was a shell of a team that went 2-14 and was losing core players and young talent and holding the #1 pick in a top heavy QB draft. When you let it come to that, the full rebuild, you have to move on.

I hope luck sucks........

idk why I somehow hate the colts more now.......

i mean imagine how much worse your pats jets rivalry will become with peyton manning as their qb .....wow

you guys hate sanchez, and he's pretty tame and not that good of a qb, but you throw in a guy with much more history vs you, wow......brutal

I'd rather they suffer 1000 lifetimes of Curtis Painter type QB's and never see a playoff game.;)

Last edited:
Idk but I would love to see Luck and the new look colts crash and burn next season and beyond.

My preference would be for Peyton, mighty Peyton, to sign with the Redskins or Cardinals.

Idk but I would love to see Luck and the new look colts crash and burn next season and beyond.

Why won't they? Everyone a year older. Losses in FA and no 1st round pick to build a team around Luck. To put it in perspective, the AFC Champion Patriots have 2 picks to build their team around Brady before the Colts have their first pick to build around Luck. Then the Pats have 2 more before the Colts pick a 2nd player to address their 2-14 team.

Last edited:

I'd rather see the Colts rebound nicely (say, 6 wins) while the Peyton Manning's crash and burn.

Last edited:
My preference would be for Peyton, mighty Peyton, to sign with the Redskins or Cardinals.

MFaulk on NFLN said Peyton wouldn't go to the NFC for the same reason Eli avoided the Chargers -- so they wouldn't keep each from getting to the Super Bowl. Very thoughtful of them, say. Also: "The league needs a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl."

I could care less about where Peyton Manning plays as long as the team he plays for sucks..

Sports talk radio down here reported he's in Miami now, fwiw.

Sports talk radio down here reported he's in Miami now, fwiw.

His summer home is in Miami...that means nothing in regards to the Dolphins interest.

However,NBC reports that the Seahawks have already called Manning today about venturing in for a visit,The Hawks are going to be diving in deep to get him.

Manning is going to have more miles on him this week than my ex-wife ;)

Last edited:
I know aywhere Peyton goes there have to be an Elite WR for him to throw to. Miami or Arizona comes to mind...please Peyton choose Arizona.

I could care less about where Peyton Manning plays as long as the team he plays for sucks..

Thats the reason why those teams want Manning,they don't want to suck any more and if he even is 60% of his former self,that team should be better but I still don't think we will see the usual 4,000 yard 40 TD Manning anymore. :cool:

His summer home is in Miami...that means nothing in regards to the Dolphins interest.

However,NBC reports that the Seahawks have already called Manning today about venturing in for a visit,The Hawks are going to be diving in deep to get him.

X-Wife smart woman.:D;)

I think Arizona makes so much sense for him, but who knows. I would certainly hope he won't make any decisions based on a potential Manning vs. Manning Superbowl.:rolleyes:

I will never get how anyone could respect peyton. He is a horrible human being, he called out his teammates every time he blew yet another game, he only won a SB because the NFL handed him one with the worst officiated Playoffs in NFL history. Peyton is a total piece of garbage. I hope he goes to Arizona and Seattle and we never see him again.

Now saying that, the colts were trash before Peyton, I doubt they will ever do well again. Luck will go down a bust like Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, and so many others not because they lack talent, but because the organization they go to has no idea how to support players, and the player themselves have no one around them telling them to work their ass off. All Luck did was come up short, just like peyton. The odds are all against Luck being anything but an average to terrible nfl qb. And all the media hype only hurts.

Surprised he has a place in Miami. Figured him for more of a Tampa/gulf coast guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back