PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN reporting Colts - Manning divorce to be announced Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite playoff game/sporting event I had tickets to was the AFC Championship against the Colts. The divisional round game the next year against the colts is in my top 5 too. 06 AFC championship loss to Colts hurt real bad. I'm going to miss the rivalry. Hope he doesn't go to Miami.

My money is on him retiring. Given the nature of his injuries, and his new kids, I still believe he'll opt for retirement.

I've been wrong before, but reading all the tea leaves says he won't play for anyone else.

If he genuinely didn't think he could come back, he'd have cut a deal with Irsay to stay on as the fallback and mentor to Luck and retired a Colt maybe even by the end of camp.

go to Miami... I would look forward to the epic Brady/Peyton battles. plus we could take turns beating down the Jets! that's always fun

i still think he's going to end up retiring

i have a feeling he won't be passing physicals

So let me get this straight........

ESPN announced an upcoming announcement?

Really steals the thunder of the actual announcement, huh?

Too bad for Peyton, an unceremonious end to an illustrious career at Indiana..

You're always ascared of somethin', Sean... Bill can always take away the one thing. Miami is at a crossroads, starting over yet again with another HC, OC, DC, not a ton of cap, idiot owner, no real plan...new QB TBD.

your right .. i guess they should just trot out the same defense out there ,because that worked well against the last manning they faced... but still they are a team on the rise , and i think manning will make them a force to be reckon with..

If Luck is good...doesn't mean the rivalry will be over, just the Manning part of it.
I feel bad for Luck. He has an impossibly high standard to live up to. He could be a fine QB with a decent career but still fall short of that standard and be unfairly labelled a disappointment.

Last edited:
i still think he's going to end up retiring

i have a feeling he won't be passing physicals

Teams often draft and sign players who can't pass some level of physical. Manning passed a comprehensive physical based on the three top neurosurgeons in the field examining him and determining he is fit to play and in no additional danger than any other player of being injured further as a result of his fusion procedure weeks ago. It fused... The only question now is can he still make all the throws and make them in volume without experiencing numbness due to lack of nerve regeneration. Noodle couldn't throw with velocity when he came back in NY and Miami, but he was cleared to play... Teams debating signing Manning will be looking at that and projecting whether he will continue to improve or not and any deal he signs will factor that in. He's already indicated he is willing to work with potential suitors to structure a deal that pays him if he can and limits their financial risk if he can't. Sharing the risk/reward.

I do hope they do the right thing and make sure no Colts player ever wears #18 again

go to Miami... I would look forward to the epic Brady/Peyton battles. plus we could take turns beating down the Jets! that's always fun

I like the idea of taking turns beating down the jets, but on the off chance that manning goes down to miami and actually produces, I do not want to deal with that 2 times a year.....

I remember hearing he has a house already down in Miami, they have a couple good receivers and an excellent LT to protect him - my money says he'll be a Dolphin shortly.
Call me crazy, but I think he'd be stupid to go to Miami. If there's one division where he would have the toughest path to the playoffs (especially HFA and a chance at a bye), it would be the AFC East (until such time as Messrs. Brady and Belichick retire). IMHO, Arizona would be the best fit for him. Great receivers, a serviceable defense and a very weak division (before anyone chimes in with how strong SF is, mark my words that they'll be lucky to win 9 games next year).

POST SCRIPT: I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he wants to win his division, and compete for championships. If his only interest is maximizing his bottom line (and this being Peyton Manning, that may certainly be the case) then perhaps Miami is the best destination after all.

If Manning goes the Miami and is able to play well, things for the Pats and Jets just got a whole lot harder.

My guess on the most likely places Manning will sign on to play, in order of most likely to least likely - assuming he doesn't retire.

1. Arizona Cardinals
  2. Seattle Seahawks
  3. Tennessee Titans
  4. Kansas City Chiefs
  5. Miami Dolphins
  6. San Francisco 49ers
  7. Washington Redskins
  8. Jacksonville Jaguars

The one place I just don't understand at all that keeps getting mentioned is the Jets, for multiple reasons.

Stay out of our division Mr Manning!

Citing a team source, the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are “very confident” that they have a “good chance” to sign soon-to-be free agent quarterback Peyton Manning.

This assumes Manning can pass medical exams, of course.

Per the Herald‘s Armando Salguero, the Dolphins’ front office has been discussing its impending pursuit of Manning with “the Manning camp” for the past three weeks.

Appearing on NFL Network on Tuesday evening, Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post also confirmed the Dolphins will “absolutely” go hard after Manning.

“They think they might be the leaders of the pack at this point,” Volin said.

Report: Dolphins believe they have “good chance” to sign Manning | ProFootballTalk

15nadzo.jpg

No way Manning retires. It's obvious he still wants to play. I think best spot for him is in the NFCWest. Another thing to keep in mind is the NFC West plays the AFC South in 2013. I think that might play a small factor if Manning thinks he can play 2 or 3 more years.

I like the idea of taking turns beating down the jets, but on the off chance that manning goes down to miami and actually produces, I do not want to deal with that 2 times a year.....

On the one hand it would be awesome to play Manning twice a year. On the other hand it would be so hilarious to see him get paid like 200m to play for the Redskins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back