PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN reporting Colts - Manning divorce to be announced Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what those teams have...

If he goes to the Chiefs, and the Chiefs' injured players can return near 100%, the Chiefs will be a very legitimate playoff team.

If he goes to the Dolphins, the Dolphins will be the #2 team in the AFCE and should be a serious competitor for the division title.

Agreed with the major assumption that he is healthy enough to play at or near his prior level and healthy enough to endure NFL contact for a season.

The Seahags would be another destination and possibly but less likely SF.

This hillbilly will never play another down in the NFL. Bank on it.

This hillbilly will never play another down in the NFL. Bank on it.

Damn, I envy you absolute knowledge prescient posters

Last edited:
If true, sorry to see it end given all the history and great games. I expect the Colts to be the same meaningless team they were last year, and into the indefinite future.

That's unfortunate as I really enjoyed disliking the Colts with Manning making them a credible threat every year. As part of his strength was a command of the offense and continuity on his offensive squad, I would not expect him to pose the same threat on a new team, ant that's assuming he returns to his former condition physically.

Hope the Redskins, 49ers, or some other NFC team breaks the bank for him.

I hope TFB retires as a PATS QB when he is done in like 15-20 years :)D :p ) ...... i never want to see the day when the PATS have to release him like the Colts did to Peyton

With the first pick in the 2012,2013,2014,2015 draft the colts select......

My money is on Arizona by a healthy margin. Don't think he would want to finish behind Brady every year in Miami.

maybe we should bring him to back up TFB and drew brees to back up Peyton :eek:

It's too bad it had to end this way. I hope nothing like that ever happens between Brady and this organization when Brady is at the end of his career.

I honestly don't think he will play for ANY AFCE team for lots of reasons not the least of which is BB and TFB. Plus the venues. Plus Ross is an idiot. Manning will use him as leverage and a fallback.

AZ makes so much sense, and they know Kolb is a crap shoot, they can flip him to one of the losers. Seattle would be Manning's kind of environment, super loyal fanbase and laid back attitudes, plenty of cap and cash. Houston could flip Schaub to a loser too. Maybe that's one reason they didn't put the tag on Mario. Snyder will of course send the jet and make a run. I think Peyton would prefer not to butt heads with Shanny or Eli or play in the cold. Real long shot would be NO which is home and where they are currently in a little stand off with Brees. Jags and Titans might be too stupid, but they should consider it. He will likely do a very cap friendly incentive laden deal for the right team. And bring some WR's and a TE along if they need them. He wants to play and win (at least divisionally) for a couple of more seasons, this isn't about the money. It was the imminent drafting of Luck that sealed the deal in Indy.

If the Colts hadn't totally spit the bit absent him Irsay never would have done this. Including canning the Irsays and the doltish HC. Opportunity knocked and Jimmy couldn't ignore it. Thing is that team isn't going to be very good with a rookie QB and a rookie HC and GM, etc. for some time to come. They have little beyond Mathis and Freeney and Freeney may still go if he won't extend on a cap friendly deal and Mathis may be a shell without him. No Center, second year tackles, jag guards, second tier RB's, losing their top two WR's and young TE (and Clark needs to restructure), jag secondary, bunch of tampa 2 defenders and a DC who runs a 3-4... Gonna be interesting.

They have some cap space. Manning's dead cap is only $10M because of the way the deal was structured. So they gain $7M releasing him. Should put them about $20M under. But they have more holes than a block of swiss cheese. And have to use the #1 pick to secure Luck.

Last edited:
It's too bad it had to end this way. I hope nothing like that ever happens between Brady and this organization when Brady is at the end of his career.

I am optimistic with the return of Kevin Faulk this year. Yes, he took a roster spot and may not have been an upgrade at the position, but I expect not every member of the active roster reasonably expects to see playing time (yes, everyone needs to be ready to play if called upon).

The question down the road is does TB demand top dollar when his abilities no longer support the payment. Breaking the bank based on history is not likely to be in the cards for BB, nor would that benefit the team. I hope that day does not come, and TB strides gracefully into the twilight of his career when his skills start to slip.

Last edited:
My money is on him retiring. Given the nature of his injuries, and his new kids, I still believe he'll opt for retirement.

I've been wrong before, but reading all the tea leaves says he won't play for anyone else.

i think we as pats fans .. better hope he goes to seattle... or the pats better focus on how to rush the passer because if not manning to marshall will be the focus for 2 games a years against the pats...

Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne to Arizona - package deal.

Colts fans on freaks are turning on each other based on whether you're sad and somewhat disgusted with the organization (an Indianapolis Manning's fan) or angry at Manning for not offering to stay for free after throwing that pick in the last SB (an idiot) or suddenly happy to be rid of him and Polian and everything but the defender of the horseshoe and on to the next great run with Luck (the spoiled Indy Manning generation fan who has never known anything but relevance since he was drafted and double digit winning for a decade and thinks they will be right back at it with Luck and Irsay and what's their names (the GM and HC...) at the helm).

Per PFT,
"the Dolphins’ front office has been discussing its impending pursuit of Manning with “the Manning camp” for the past three weeks."

Isn't that the definition of tampering since he was and still is under contract with the Colts?

Last edited:
i think we as pats fans .. better hope he goes to seattle... or the pats better focus on how to rush the passer because if not manning to marshall will be the focus for 2 games a years against the pats...

You're always ascared of somethin', Sean... Bill can always take away the one thing. Miami is at a crossroads, starting over yet again with another HC, OC, DC, not a ton of cap, idiot owner, no real plan...new QB TBD.

Per PFT,
"the Dolphins’ front office has been discussing its impending pursuit of Manning with “the Manning camp” for the past three weeks."

Isn't that the definition of tampering since he was and still is under contract with the Colts?

Only if someone files a complaint... Manning (or actually Condon) will use Ross' unbridled desire to land him to fuel his market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back