PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN/Reiss Strike again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am sure many of you are aware that I give Reiss as much crap as any other awful sports reporters out there and I have basically come to the conclusion they all suck.

Well here is more evidence of why this is my opinion. This will seem very minor but I find it extremely disingenuous.

In his breakdown of today's practice he wrote this.
Shady Reporter said:
And there were three separate chants of "Brad-y! Brad-y! Brad-y!" -- the first coming eight minutes into the practice and another delivered when quarterbackTom Brady found Gronkowski

My problem is the chants were actually mostly Free Brady chants. I think one time it was Brady-Brady-Brady but at least twice it was Free Brady.

I hear that. But I've always been a Reiss sympathiser. He made a move he & his family thought was the right one for them. His personality isn't to be the usual espn blowhard. He is calm and non-aggressive. He sticks to info instead of glitz.

I understand the criticism - but I can't be anti-Reiss, in the end. I think he's a pretty good guy who loves what he does and - though frustrated by his employer - like many of us has to eat crap at times to feed his family and keep doing what he loves.

Last edited:
Would like to heAR from other posters who made it to camp...but it wouldn't surprise me...

I am sure many of you are aware that I give Reiss as much crap as any other awful sports reporters out there and I have basically come to the conclusion they all suck.

Well here is more evidence of why this is my opinion. This will seem very minor but I find it extremely disingenuous.

My problem is the chants were actually mostly Free Brady chants. I think one time it was Brady-Brady-Brady but at least twice it was Free Brady.

It is pretty silly to say that Reiss is a terrible reporter on the basis of hearing the chant wrong - what are you, a frustrated would-be reporter?

Reiss is one of the few good guys, he should be at the bottom of anyone's **** list. One of the few reporters with integrity.

I swear I'm not trying to be a **** about this (because sometimes I slip into that territory) or sarcastic, but is this a serious post? Is there an inside joke or something else that I'm missing?

I swear I'm not trying to be a **** about this (because sometimes I slip into that territory) or sarcastic, but is this a serious post? Is there an inside joke or something else that I'm missing?
Just that ESPN sux so much and pushes the NFL agenda so much that they can't even quote the word Free Brady and even Reiss is brainwashed. Or maybe/aparently I just have too much tin foil on but either way I still blame ESPN/ their pimp Goodell.

#FreeBrady

Actually screw that I'm not nuts it's not a small point on the first day we get to see Tom as fans that Reiss should have got that right.

#FreeBrady

Just that ESPN sux so much and pushes the NFL agenda so much that they can't even quote the word Free Brady and even Reiss is brainwashed. Or maybe/aparently I just have too much tin foil on but either way I still blame ESPN/ their pimp Goodell.

#FreeBrady

Actually screw that I'm not nuts it's not a small point on the first day we get to see Tom as fans that Reiss should have got that right.

#FreeBrady
I despise ESPN with the searing heat of a million suns, but I think, and have always thought, that Reiss is a very good and very fair reporter. More importantly, he strikes me as an even better guy.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't want to be negative so I refrained from posting. But yeah, I echo your thoughts.

Last edited:
Mike Reiss is such a nerd. Him and ESPN are a match made in heaven.

ESPN is a large organization. There are a lot of folks there one can feel fine about. The ESPYs, for example, seem to have been very pro-Brady/anti-Goodell. Kevin Seifert (?) seems to be clearly on Brady's side.

Reiss is a good, diligent reporter, who's never done anything in his professional capacity that I recall that I'd view as immoral. In this new world of hybrid reporter/analysts, it's common for somebody to be better at one than the other, and he's better at reporting. But he's not terrible at the other. Also, among reporters there are those who milk obvious sources to the utmost and those who turn over rocks investigatively, ad he's more the former. Nothing wrong with that either.

He DID briefly write under the assumption that what his colleague Mort reported was correct. This is not, in my opinion, a contradiction to my "nothing immoral" claim. And I don't recall him doing anything else that was even as bad as that.

This is definitely egregious stuff. I think you should write a letter to ESPN and the Better Business Bureau.

I am a big Reiss fan, but as in any columnist they make mistakes and mishear things.. without regard he is a fairly consistent reporter who has a lot of access to this team..

Couple of years ago Curran reported that Brady had a serious infection in his knee because of surgery, blah, blah.. he was pretty much excoriated on this board, called a bunch of names etc. Now Curran is pretty much revered by most of Patsfans..

Reporting what he thought he heard on the practice field, apparently incorrectly, is no need for butt hurt responses..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes