PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN/Reiss/PFT: Moss and Patriots agree on 3-year, $27M deal [mergedx9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pft: Moss Deal Done

if true, this is a steal considering what berrian and stallworth got.

Re: Pft: Moss Deal Done

Good to see Florio can steal just like the reporters he mocks. The contract numbers were crawling on ESPN news before Florio seems to have posted them. Keep up the good work, ***clown.

Re: Mortenson/Clayton Say Moss Deal to Come Soon

Mortensen is as much of a tool as Clayton. he was on ESPN News last night yukking up the Green Bay thing. What a bildo...

Re: Reiss now says MOSS DEAL IMMINENT

If these numbers are true, the posters on this board who have been trashing Moss as "greedy" better come clean and kiss his @$$. Because that's a plain steal.

Re: PFT: Moss deal done ?

We need randy. Get it done! Need some good news to go with tedy's signing!

Re: Mortenson/Clayton Say Moss Deal to Come Soon

Is Cullpepper going to be the back-up now? :rolleyes:

ESPN IS BECOMING TMZ OF THE SPORTS WORLD.

If a deal is imminent, does this mean Tom Brady is out and Culpepper is coming to the Pats as part of the package deal?

If these numbers are true, the posters on this board who have been trashing Moss as "greedy" better come clean and kiss his @$$. Because that's a plain steal.

Seriously.

Not to be a jerk about this, but if he's now getting 3 / $27 after several days of negotiations and shopping around, the Pats initial offer must have been even lower, in which case, IMO, they were low-balling him. Thankfully both sides seem to have worked everything out.

Wow 3 years for 27? That's awesome! If that's true then the key point now is probably the wrangling over the exact number of guaranteed monies and bonus monies. Get it done!!!

WEEI says it's Mort reporting the deal as 3/$27M. But his report is still as closing in on, not done deal.

I haven't called him greedy but I did say he'd be a hypocrite IF he was chasing every dollar - not that he shouldn't but because he said he wouldn't.

But, yeah, I'm very happy with this. And the reality is, even if he were going after every dollar I'd have given it to him because there was basically nowhere to turn to be close to where we were in 2007 without him.

Does this mean I can go back to work?

It's not a steal, it's the highest paid AAV ala Harrison. The real test will be the guarnatees. Marvin only got $6M up front, but he got $19M more in roster bonus in the first 2 seasons of his deal - which was a 7 year deal. If Moss just gets $12-13M we were hearing, then it is a steal because he could be cut for $4M+ in dead cap in year 3 with hits of like 7-9-11. But it certainly is reasonable if he continues to be remotely as productive as he was in 2007.

It is done!

God Damn you Belichick and Pioli! Not only did you get Moss signed, but you also got the guy to take a fairly reasonable contract based on the market. Oh why! Oh why! Can't Belichick and Pioli be like a lot of other teams and overreact to the craziness of the first few days of free agency and overpay for marginal free agent talent.

Don't those guys know for the money we are going to pay Moss, we could have a far less talented malcontent in Jerry Porter.

You know what is worse? This looks to be the same or similiar deal that was reported a week or two ago that the Pats offered Moss. How can the Pats sit back and watch guys like Roethlisberger and Samuel get these huge deals and see no one making much an effort to bring and Moss and not start to bid against themselves. A smart organization would see that no one is actively pursuing Moss and add more guaranteed money, years, and base salary. Have Pioli and Belichick learned nothing from Al Davis?

Sorry to complain, but I was converted by all these people who were upset that the Pats didn't overract to the free agency crazy. And now that the Pats seem to have resigned Moss by just doing what they basically have always done, I feel it is a slap in the face of us fans.

Moss reported to have agreed to $27 Million over 3 years

Sirius Radio reported that Moss is extemely close or have already signed a 3 year contract for $27 Million

This is all I have heard so far but its a perfect contract regarding the number of years IMO

if true, this is a steal considering what berrian and stallworth got.

We don't know the guaranteed/bonus monies yet, so that's too soon to say. And 9M per year is significantly more than what Berrian or Stallworth got.

Stallworth 7 years, 35M. 5M per year. 10M bonus.

Berrian 6 years, 42M. 7M per year. 13M bonus.

Moss is going to earn 2M more per year than the other guys, and I'm assuming we're looking at a signing bonus of at least 15M. So yeah, he's getting PAID to stay. The only positive in terms of the young guy's contracts is length, but that makes sense since he will turn 31 once the season starts. I think this is a great deal for both sides. It keeps Brady's #1 receiver in NE, and Moss is getting paid more than TO, so he's got his "respect."

Sorry to complain, but I was converted by all these people who were upset that the Pats didn't overract to the free agency crazy. And now that the Pats seem to have resigned Moss by just doing what they basically have always done, I feel it is a slap in the face of us fans.

:agree: :D

Best. Post. Ever.

Yeah, 27 million dollars for 3 years is chump change.

Most people here won't ever see 1 million total in their lives.

We fans must be really inane...

If I was in Moss's shoes, I would want to get paid as much as I could as well.

Everyone here would do the same as well.

Of course you want to play for a winner like the Pats though.

Duh...

3-27 is a great great great deal for the Pats and Moss. He gets a lot of money, and most importantly for him gets to stay on the best team with the best quarterback. If he plays half as well as he did last year he'll be a HOF lock.

The Pats didn't break the bank. I'd say it was well played by BB and Pioli. Great day.

Re: Moss reported to have agreed to $27 Million over 3 years

This sounds like the other 10 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back